Player Watch Pick #7 (2012) - Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

If Port managed to win this year's GF, the tiser story on page 5 would begin with something like: The Advertiser regrets to inform readers that Port did not lose the grand final.
And in the death notices, "It is with much regret that we announce the passing of the Crows' preeminence in this state."

Whatever one think's of Brad Crouch's ability, how is he like Patrick Dangerfield in any shape or form? They're not even similar players. Dangerfield is an impact player, Crouch is an accumulator.

Both powerful runners, apparently that's enough to make them comparable by the lofty standards of the Adelaide footy media.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Of course he will, and he deserves it. After all he finished above Ollie in the Rising Star Award in 2013 #thanksroo #noconflict
To be fair most of the eight voters put Crouch above Wines. I'd more blame Cameron Ling who didn't even know that Wines had been nominated.

Ricciuto was the only voter to put Crouch first with the other seven putting O'Meara first. How can that be seen as bias? :rolleyes:

TimmyD11

Team Captain
May 19, 2015
Kapunda
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fulham FC
No doubt.

From Tuesday;
View attachment 214342

:rolleyes:
Crouch the next Danger
Milera the next McCleod (As per Betts on FAA)

I haven't seen a lot of Crouch (No one has) but it has always struck me that he's a good accumilator but isn't THAT damaging with the ball, kind of like Kane Cornes used to get 28 possessions a game but he always had the knock that they weren't damaging touches. Danger whilst hacked it a lot burst packs open and clearance work was unique, just think Crouch whilst could be a good player if he stays fit doesn't possess any unique talents, he's no big, quick or a sensational user of the ball, but he is good at finding it and yes he is fierce in the contest but that's about it. Looking forward to smashing him and them in Round 2 if he stays fit that long.

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
Both powerful runners, apparently that's enough to make them comparable by the lofty standards of the Adelaide footy media.
Maybe we can convince them of a Sloane for Colquhoun straight swap?

Sep 24, 2008
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
La lakers. Oakland Raiders, bunny’s
How can he be a powerful runner ?

Evertime he puts his foot down he brakes it.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
:rolleyes:
Crouch the next Danger
Milera the next McCleod (As per Betts on FAA)

I haven't seen a lot of Crouch (No one has) but it has always struck me that he's a good accumilator but isn't THAT damaging with the ball, kind of like Kane Cornes used to get 28 possessions a game but he always had the knock that they weren't damaging touches. Danger whilst hacked it a lot burst packs open and clearance work was unique, just think Crouch whilst could be a good player if he stays fit doesn't possess any unique talents, he's no big, quick or a sensational user of the ball, but he is good at finding it and yes he is fierce in the contest but that's about it. Looking forward to smashing him and them in Round 2 if he stays fit that long.
So they have two, yes two, Dangerfield's in Gore and Crouch and one McLeod - Wingard combo in Milera. Far out they will be terrifyingly good.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
This package is missing his run and carry into the forward 50, before giving the ball off to Monfries, who then sets up Wingard in front of goal to kick the winner in the dying seconds of the last game at AAMI. Delicious. Outrageous moment! So much composure! :D

Many more highlights to come! :footy:

Wasnt the last game against Carlton where we blew a huge lead to lose?

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
1st tier

Jake Neade
Nathan Krakouer
Brendan Ah Chee
Tom Jonas

2nd teir

Angus Monfries
Cameron O'Shea
Matthew White
Billy Frampton

see how this year plays out

John Butcher
Logan Austin
Jay Schulz
Sam Colquhoun
Aaron Young

line through unless something major happens

Paul Stewart (UFA)
Darcy Byrne-Jones

Where is the second shade of gray

(Log in to remove this ad.)

29 points up at 3/4 time and lost by 1 point. :mad:

Eddie Betts ran out of play with the ball to evade a Port player and then ran back in and kicked a goal.
We put the cue in the rack in that second half. Had the following weeks final in the back of our minds I think.

As i said when i entered before, i like Ollie as a port player. So i'm glad that he has recommitted to the power and he'll be a fine player for years to come, playing in the black and teal

Jan 21, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm close to coming out of the closet for Ollie

PAFC

Wines: I never really considered leaving - I'm at home here at Port Adelaide #pafclive
11/02/2016 1:16 pm

PAFC
Wines: if there were any offers, I didn't hear about them. I had my heart set on staying here #pafclive

PAFC
Wines: there's no doubt (I'd love to stay here for my career). I love this club #pafclive
11/02/2016 1:17 pm

PAFC
Wines: (on why he stayed) the friends I've made, the culture of the club, our members and supporters, the club being a community club
11/02/2016 1:19 pm

Trewth

shootin from the lip
Mar 21, 2011
amongst the rabble
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Knicks, Canucks, Raiders, St Pauli

PAFC

Wines: I never really considered leaving - I'm at home here at Port Adelaide #pafclive

PAFC
Wines: if there were any offers, I didn't hear about them. I had my heart set on staying here #pafclive

PAFC
Wines: there's no doubt (I'd love to stay here for my career). I love this club #pafclive

PAFC
Wines: (on why he stayed) the friends I've made, the culture of the club, our members and supporters, the club being a community club

It's a shame those quotes are too long for a sig.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just waiting for the presser to be online...

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

PAFC

PAFC

PAFC

PAFC

PAFC Clive

251544-waterhouse-port.jpg

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

PAFC

PAFC

PAFC

PAFC
OMG sweet words

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Never felt any danger of losing Wines. Absolute 0%. Even generally ignored these threads because Wines, Wingard and Hartlett were all 0% chance of leaving. So for me I dont get excited by this sort of news, I dont really celebrate re-signings at all personally, I just expect them, however I guess in this era of footy these resignings are becoming more important and more questionable so for that reason I've gotta be pleased

Personally though I really can't see any threats at the moment short term or long term for seriously wanting out. The real threat will continue to be opportunities, but really only Clurey, O'Shea and Young would be in that boat this year anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back