News 2015-2016 off-season news thread

caseman2

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2008
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
HH - any idea when the club needs to finalize the list for the coming season?
Would also expect the club to post and "in's" and "out's on their website?

The players have the annual pre-season camp this weekend and it is hoped the last places on the list will be finalized in the next week. It would appear only six BHH listed players who polled votes in the seniors B & F will not be at the club in 2016. Sam Collins [53 votes] Fremantle, Sam Crocker [25] Port Melbourne, Cadyn Williams [24] Career, Peter McEvoy [14] Coburg, Ryan Exon [12] Frankston and Dalton Graham [3] Port Melbourne. It is worth noting only Sam Collins played in the seniors in the 2015 finals series.

The club has recruited some well credentialed young players including three who were in the 2015 NAB Championships squads. Lachlan Williams [Dandenong Stingrays Captain & Vic Country], Jack Firms [Oakleigh Chargers & Vic Metro] and Brayden Kilpatrick [St George & NSW/ACT]. Liam Cavanagh was not listed in the 2015 NAB Championships record however I'm aware of at least one other 2015 NAB Championships listed player who was recently training at the club. I look forward to watching the development of our second and third year players who played some senior football in 2015 [Nick Evans, Joey Fisher, Sam Gibson, Chris Jones, Sam Switkowski and Jordan Walker]. All going well Ayden Kennedy will be returning after missing a year with his ACL injury and Max Warren [North Melbourne] will be a good inclusion.

Mar 8, 2007
Tassie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill FC
In:
Max Warren (Nth Melb)
Dale Hehir (Scoresby)
Jack Firns (Oakleigh Chargers )
Lachlan Williams (Dandenong Stingrays)
Brayden Kilpatrick (NSW/ACT Rams, Sydney Swans reserves)
Liam Cavanagh (Ararat)
Matt Morwood (Dingley)
Stuart Horner (Eastern Ranges)
Jack Nolan (Eastern Ranges)
Sam Smith ( Kyabram)
Max Canfield (Murray Bushrangers)
Connor O'Sullivan (Norwood)
Ayden Kennedy (Injury)
Ben McIntyre (Penola SA)
Liam Cox (Croydon)
Anthony Brolic (Eastern Ranges)

Out:
Sam Collins
Sam Crocker
Ryan Exon
Peter McEvoy
Cadyn Williams
Dalton Graham

Last edited:
I hear Liam Tobin is looking to go elsewhere. Watch this space. Would be a big loss
I saw Liam at training and understand he has resigned.

There are some good articles and videos on the BHH web site featuring Sam Switkowski, Aiden Kennedy, Anthony Brolic, Sean Murphy and Marco Bello. The best news has to be Aiden Kennedy won the flag race on the beach which is pretty amazing coming back from a reptured ACL.
http://boxhillhawks.com.au/news/

Levi_Hawk

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I saw Liam at training and understand he has resigned.

There are some good articles and videos on the BHH web site featuring Sam Switkowski, Aiden Kennedy, Anthony Brolic, Sean Murphy and Marco Bello. The best news has to be Aiden Kennedy won the flag race on the beach which is pretty amazing coming back from a reptured ACL.
http://boxhillhawks.com.au/news/
Resigned or re-signed?

There has been a change in the practice match with the seniors now playing first at 10:00am.
UPCOMING PRACTICE MATCH:
March 12th
Northern Blues
Ikon Park
Seniors: 10am
Development: 1pm
Well normally wouldn't be able to make it but being a long weekend

Rory-Sheridan-Ferrie [Eastern Ranges] who played in the development team last year has been signed. Matt Morwood was training at the club however due to a recurring injury he has stopped training and he has not been signed as previously incorrectly posted.

Back