2016 QAFA B Central

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You missed the bit where I said "Even if you obviously and very geneuinely wanted them to win"

It's not about what you wanted to happen. Every player missing would want their team to win. I'm just admitting that deep down, the loss wouldn't hurt you mentally as much as the win. As you didn't really miss anything, and you won't be sitting at home in 10 years when the Premiership reunion is on...

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Yeah, tend to agree.

Absolutely no part of me wanted the boys to lose 2014 and still don't, but on the flip side I doubt I'd be still thinking about missing the game as often as I do now had they lost

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
As predicted it looks like a couple of teams will come back to this league.
Going to be hard to make it a Friday nite only if the likes of nambour come in.
The draw is out for qfa a but my info is it could change as not all teams might meet the criteria.
Oh well just have to wait until the last minute to find out again.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hearing rumours that the 2014 QAFA A Premiers could be coming back a division. Where would UQ play?!

Thommo - you are mates with the powers that be over at the chook pen, heard anything concrete?

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Haven't spoken to anyone at Moorooka, but i know UQ are sending their overflow there - so they should be sweet for numbers.

My understanding is that Eagles are out. Kedron changed division and Morningside in.

Nambour, Maroochy, Gympie and Bribie in no man's land currently.

spooner21

Senior List
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
UQ Finally coughed up for new lights at their home ground, home ground will actually be there home ground.

Let's just clarify so that no-one makes any wrong assumptions. UQ (the club) managed to talk UQ (the university) into finally coughing up for a lighting upgrade which means that night games can now be played at St Lucia.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As a coach of moorooka, this is news to me! Where did this rumour come from??

Was told they were getting >30 at training, which doesn't bode well fro a 2 team club.

This must have some truth to it given comments above that UQ overflow is going to Moorooka to help top up

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Was told they were getting >30 at training, which doesn't bode well fro a 2 team club.

This must have some truth to it given comments above that UQ overflow is going to Moorooka to help top up
They're playing QAFA, 30 at training in early February is OK - I'm sure plenty won't want to start until March

Twinkle_Toes

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn

">30" means greater than 30, so they're actually getting pretty good numbers to training -- if you're going to make up a rumour, at least get your symbols and wording right.

The Fal

Debutant
Dec 11, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
">30" means greater than 30, so they're actually getting pretty good numbers to training -- if you're going to make up a rumour, at least get your symbols and wording right.
He got a symbol wrong, big deal. Doesn't mean it's a rumour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twinkle_Toes

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He got a symbol wrong, big deal. Doesn't mean it's a rumour.

The fact that he " was told " by someone else suggests it's a rumour. The fact that one of the coaches knows nothing about it, confirms its a rumour. But hey, you believe what you want.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So are they getting more than 30 or not?

Some have suggested numbers of 30 aren't that bad, if thats the case I was mistaken.

I'm confident the number quoted is correct though

The Fal

Debutant
Dec 11, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The fact that he " was told " by someone else suggests it's a rumour. The fact that one of the coaches knows nothing about it, confirms its a rumour. But hey, you believe what you want.
It confirms nothing. You saying you know the coach makes your comment no more reliable than what QAFL fan is saying, to me anyway, because I don't know either of you.

Rumours are what usually gets posted in here. There'd be nothing to talk about in the pre season otherwise. If your team is mentioned, unless someone is saying your club is cheating, who cares? It's a big footy forum, not a royal commission.

Twinkle_Toes

Team Captain
Apr 19, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It confirms nothing. You saying you know the coach makes your comment no more reliable than what QAFL fan is saying, to me anyway, because I don't know either of you.

Rumours are what usually gets posted in here. There'd be nothing to talk about in the pre season otherwise. If your team is mentioned, unless someone is saying your club is cheating, who cares? It's a big footy forum, not a royal commission.

As I said in a previous post, you believe what you want. I don't recall posting it in your direction in the first place. Blokes on here post rumours and responses to rumours as well. You make it sound like I need your permission. I don't like your chances of me asking for it though.

Back