Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see his manager telling him to wait until mid-season. When the suspension isn't still so raw. I doubt this is Cale being pissed. At least I hope it's not.
Not going to bother reading what is presumably tripe. Even if hooker was pissed off I reckon he'd probably assess options as to which club would be best to end up at, "bidding war" is a wank.

Yes but they also happened while a potential 2 year ban was hanging over his head.

Yes, I'm just putting myself in his shoes, I'd be gone without doubt.

I'll be wrapped if he stays and obviously he's one of the 3 must must keeps along with Heppell and Hurley, but definitely not going to get my hopes up.

Not going to bother reading what is presumably tripe. Even if hooker was pissed off I reckon he'd probably assess options as to which club would be best to end up at, "bidding war" is a wank.
Bidding war came solely from the Hun.

Or The Age. Whoever wrote it. I can't be bothered going back a page to see. You get the point.

There is one key element to all of this, and it's name is Whoosha.

If the old mob were still in charge I'd be feeling horrible but having a figure like Whoosha there, in their ears (about non-footy matters, of course!) I think could make all the difference in at least a few of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a stupid idea.

If we use pick 2 on the best KPD in the draft, develop him for 3-4 years, if we're extremely lucky he might get to the level of Hooker.

I know it's a trend to hate what journos say nowadays, but he kind of has a point.

Obviously first option is to keep him and convince him. But, if Hooker decides to leave through free-agency, we shouldn't match it.

1. Because he has the chance to leave as a delisted free-agent and he did as a favour by choosing this pathway instead.

2. He'd have a long time to think about it, and if he feels like it is best for him to move on, then he should.

It will be a bittersweet moment as we will also benefit from that as well. Netting a pick 2 or 3 as compensation on top of pick 1 and 2 can set us up for the future as we will be rebuilding. Again, he has a point in saying that Hooker either won't be there or will be well down on performance when we are ready to challenge again.

Before you say "youz iz crazy look at Carlolton and Meltank", this is just saying that it isn't all doom and gloom should Hooker leave.

If he decides to stay, then I'll be really happy. It'll be hard to swallow seeing him in other colours :(

There is one key element to all of this, and it's name is Whoosha.

If the old mob were still in charge I'd be feeling horrible but having a figure like Whoosha there, in their ears (about non-footy matters, of course!) I think could make all the difference in at least a few of them
Spot on Lance,any of the other dickheads and I'd walk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back