Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs a looooooooooooong rest IMO.
One must always remember the shows are not for us that go to multiple ones. We're the minority.

Got the NYC show. Fair to say they've sorted the mixing out. Sounds incredible.

One must always remember the shows are not for us that go to multiple ones. We're the minority.

Got the NYC show. Fair to say they've sorted the mixing out. Sounds incredible.
Also true, but it can easily be rotated with a few other songs - Hungry Heart & Mary's Place to name a few.

Yep, quality is incredibly crisp on that.

Also true, but it can easily be rotated with a few other songs - Hungry Heart & Mary's Place to name a few.

Yep, quality is incredibly crisp on that.
Hungry Heart needs to be early though. Plus I love the whole thing of getting a kid on stage. First time I saw it it blew my ******* mind.

Why does it need to be? Think it's a great 'fun' song that could slot in perfectly for WOASD
Its the 6th song on The River so would be 7th song of the evening.

Be good to actually have something from him, after every Tom, Dick & Harry has written something about him.
Oh I'm really looking forward to the book. I just want one more ESB tour.

Oh I'm really looking forward to the book. I just want one more ESB tour.
If he brought The River tour here I reckon I'd only do the Melb shows.

2 years ago today Cruyff14 was losing his s**t thinking he'd missed Backstreets and Jungleland.
Yup, missed it in Sydney the year before and when it got played in Adelaide I just thought I was destined not to hear this song. Thankfully, things changed a few days later :)

I had a friend call me from the Adelaide concert during Backstreets so I could hear it, that was nice.

His voice is so 'clean' in the Adelaide show, I prefer him to sound a little 'rougher.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was looking for something and came across this video and thought of our discussion last week about WOASD. Well on the 6th May 2014 in Houston, Bruce pissed off WOASD and used this as his get someone up on stage and sing with me song. It was the 12th song of the night and these kids have a great story to tell their kids and grand kids ones day.

It was a bit of a different set list that night as you can at http://www.greasylake.org/setlists_...ouston&statecountry=TX&concert_id=2935&login=

This is how a then 64.5 year old connects with kids. The bloke who put the video together wrote..... The coolest kids EVER on stage at a Bruce show.
4 "cam" mix. Three sources clearly from cellphones. I usually don't work with footage like this or watch it but for this unique performance I made an exception. I am sure you will all enjoy this. Just hang in for a few seconds. The images at the first few seconds are really bad. I hope the two guys on stage get to see this

If he brought The River tour here I reckon I'd only do the Melb shows.
That was my idea at first but then I keep thinking it could be the last time we see them out here, so I think if I could I'd saddle up again.

Yeah, but in saying that, I am not that big on The River personally, and the way the the post River stuff has been, it wouldn't be that much differen. Just my opinion anyway, would probably do the ones down here and that'd be it, if he did come out here. Recently bought a place too so I can't go splashing on things like I did last tour. Bloody growin' up.

Also have you been to Welcome To Thornbury? Growin' Up and BACKSTREETS came on last night. It was the first time I'd ever heard Backstreets while being out at something non-Bruce related. Had the biggest grin on my face.

That was my idea at first but then I keep thinking it could be the last time we see them out here, so I think if I could I'd saddle up again.

Yeah, reckon I'd dip into the mortgage again and follow along wherever they go, especially if they headed back to Adelaide (which I would highly doubt). Great venue and probably my favourite two shows over the 2 tours.

I was certain that 2013 was the going to be the very last time...couldn't believe that we got saddle up again virtually straight away.

2 years ago today Cruyff14 was losing his s**t thinking he'd missed Backstreets and Jungleland.

As soon as I heard the opening piano line of Backstreets in Adelaide, he was the first person I thought of. Thought of him sitting back in Melb as the setlist was slowly revealed and then going nuts when he saw the word 'Backstreets" flash up on his screen. Not being a smartarse or anything...I genuinely felt bad for him (and a bit guilty for being there). Glad all worked out in the end.

I'm still a bit miffed that I didn't get Racing in the Street over the 9 shows that I saw.

Last edited:
Yeah, reckon I'd dip into the mortgage again and follow along wherever they go, especially if they headed back to Adelaide (which I would highly doubt). Great venue and probably my favourite two shows over the 2 tours.

I was certain that 2013 was the going to be the very last time...couldn't believe that we got saddle up again virtually straight away.
I probably wouldn't do every show - not that big on The River and set lists aren't varying much from show to show.

As soon as I heard the opening piano line of Backstreets in Adelaide, he was the first person I thought of. Thought of him sitting back in Melb as the setlist was slowly revealed and then going nuts when he saw the word 'Backstreets" flash up on his screen. Not being a smartarse or anything...I genuinely felt bad for him (and a bit guilty for being there). Glad all worked out in the end.

I'm still a bit miffed that I didn't get Racing in the Street over the 9 shows that I saw.
I got a phone call from a friend during the Adelaide show which was nice - but thought after that I was never destined to see it after missing it another year in a row.

Something that is gonna stay with me forever. Will always fondly look back on it (even if I was overwhelmed with emotion). An absolutely amazing experience.

Ah, I got Racing - magical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back