Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much an article as a fan blog, and a poorly written one at that.
The concept is good, but it reads like a year 10 or 11 English assignment. I was almost picturing imaginary dot points given the complete lack of flow.

Still better in both content, layout and writing then the average Advertiser piece though.

Close to POTY

.... although the scissor sisters image is still burned into my memory !

Wasn't that like three years ago now?

Also still bitter that no one got it when I called the author Tribby.

I actually took the Triple M thing as a dig at the Crows media dept.

From what I heard, they were impressed by our clubs ability to continually funnell out positive news stories during the off season while the Crows were dead silent.

I think some posters have missed the mark on this one.

I actually took the Triple M thing as a dig at the Crows media dept.

From what I heard, they were impressed by our clubs ability to continually funnell out positive news stories during the off season while the Crows were dead silent.

I think some posters have missed the mark on this one.

I agree. They were genuinely lamenting the crows lack of positive news. Then jarman was like "I've got breaking news from the crows. Massive story. Community camp. Clare." followed my giggles.

The thing about the news we have been releasing is not just the quantity but the substance. The crows even in their media dominated hayday had positive articles and announcements all the time, but they were by and large total fluff.

Jarman reckons they are like a snake in the grass slithering into the season and finals and then BANG news and announcements.

As long as you ignore the author thinking our history started in 2007.

Also if you think it's positive why put it in the Shakes head thread? Surely the Nods head thread would be the one?

Sorry mate next time I'll seek your approval before I post a link on a thread to make sure it perfectly fits the criteria

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"losing players of the calibre of Troy Chaplin, Shaun and Peter Burgoyne,"

Shakes head indeed. One of these things is not like the others.

I'd also suggest the biggest statement of our "culture" was the retaining of Boak, Trengove, Butcher, et al when we weren't winning dick. Ollie signing was a foregone conclusion.

First showdown of 2013. After half time I moved from my usual spot in the members on the wing to be in amongst some Camry supporters.

I knew Port were going to get a run on (such was the style at the time) and I wanted to be in the thick of it when they did. Some clown behind us announced to the world "bring on the Dangerzone!" and "where's the Dangerzone!?" It was such a zinger phrase that he had to keep repeating it.

Que Paddy coming on the ground, getting smashed by Ollie's shoulder and running straight off again. I then took pleasure in the asking about where the Dangerzone was located for the rest of the match, while he had zero influence and we ran away to another sweet victory.

It's not so much an article as a fan blog, and a poorly written one at that.

A poorly-written fan blog that has already been done a zillion times since Hinkley took over, to boot.

- They sacked the club legend
- They were broke
- Tarps
- They sacked the club legend
- Everyone left
- Everyone stayed
- They started winning
- Adelaide Oval
- Signs are pretty, pretty, pretty good

Isn't number 2, who watches Ollie run away with the ball, Brad "better than Dangerfield" Crouch?

Last night I posted about the awkwardness of Tim Watson's commentary at the end of the Wingard/Monfries Showdown... So I pulled out the DVD to watch the game again...

There is a point in the 3rd quarter (I think, may have been the 2nd though) where Crouch has the ball and Bruce gushes over how he is as good as any in the Rising Star field, after somewhat dismissively saying 'obviously there's Wines from Port'... It's kind of amazing how different that comment would be now, you wouldn't utter the two names in the same breath, Ollie is so far and away better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"losing players of the calibre of Troy Chaplin, Shaun and Peter Burgoyne,"

Shakes head indeed. One of these things is not like the others.
None of them are alike. Players retire all the time unless we want Russell Ebert still out there as a player. The only one that hurt was Shaun. Sheesh, it's not even Meatloaf 2 out of 3 ain't bad territory there.

I agree. They were genuinely lamenting the crows lack of positive news. Then jarman was like "I've got breaking news from the crows. Massive story. Community camp. Clare." followed my giggles.

The thing about the news we have been releasing is not just the quantity but the substance. The crows even in their media dominated hayday had positive articles and announcements all the time, but they were by and large total fluff.

Jarman reckons they are like a snake in the grass slithering into the season and finals and then BANG news and announcements.

The pro-camries media trying to come up with positive stories

1431476172744.jpg

Female Crow after her Cloaca has been serviced....the whole 15 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back