Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is interesting...
Hinkley said Melbourne recruit Jimmy Toumpas had impressed teammates with his condition and attitude at training, claiming he could make an immediate impact at Port.
Where is he going to fit in ..
It can only be a good thing: despite the uninformed view that we have no depth, selecting the team for round 1 is gonna be incredibly difficult. When the team is picked on the same night as the Richmond v Carlton blockbuster :)), I'm sure there'll be endless debate about it on this forum.

Haha on triple Ms bill paying segment.

Ditts was hamming it up going "now we are about to hear from a lady with a really heartfelt story, I'm tearing up just thinking about it."

Then they get the lady on, and she said she needed port memberships for her grandkids because their father had just lost his job. Ditts then threw in some scarves and port gear.

Roo then said something about having to get the tarps back out again because of debt (Oh dear, really?).

Now that's a bill worth paying!

Not content with that snipe, Roo raises that she called us "port power" claiming that he isn't sure what to call us as "they change their name every year"

So salty.

Not sure how the tarps would help with debt tho. Maybe we shouldn't patent the idea and sell it to other struggling clubs?

Not sure how the tarps would help with debt tho. Maybe we shouldn't patent the idea and sell it to other struggling clubs?

Haven't you heard? Dixon did his meniscus because tarps.

Ditts was hamming it up going "now we are about to hear from a lady with a really heartfelt story, I'm tearing up just thinking about it."

Then they get the lady on, and she said she needed port memberships for her grandkids because their father had just lost his job. Ditts then threw in some scarves and port gear.

Roo then said something about having to get the tarps back out again because of debt (Oh dear, really?).

Not content with that snipe, Roo raises that she called us "port power" claiming that he isn't sure what to call us as "they change their name every year"

So salty.

images

So salty.
The ambassadors are in massive pain.I have to agree, everything is Port again in this town and I am loving it :) I think Wingard and Ollie re-signing has really made them feel so so sad

lol, yeah PAFC for 146 years, Maggies for 110+, Port Power for 2-3years and Power for 16-17......... Yeah changing every year.

What a peanut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another positive Port article. Wasn't sure where to put it. We have a Hammy Machine at last :) http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...61e73ff08b927740709937837#load-story-comments
Ok, who here is A.W. in the comments?

Come on Jesper, can we please have a Cow story? The customers are getting restless, they have even stopped commenting, just the occasional "like" when one of them grits his teeth and has a go at sounding knowledgeable. They need the mental stimulation Jesper, there's only so much Seinfeld you can tolerate.

Was at the club yesterday for some work stuff. Noticed the boys working out in the gym. Was absolutely blown away by the number of players that spoke to us and to top it off Ken came over and spent 10 mins with us. Love this club so much and the just the way it operates. God I hope we never go back to those dark days.

Was at the club yesterday for some work stuff. Noticed the boys working out in the gym. Was absolutely blown away by the number of players that spoke to us and to top it off Ken came over and spent 10 mins with us. Love this club so much and the just the way it operates. God I hope we never go back to those dark days.

There you have it. Dazzatys derails entire pre-season by distracting players from training hard.

So salty.

The cognitive dissonance regarding the utter mirage that was their 20-ish year hegemony is biting hard.

To go from "Port Power are going to be relocated to Tasmania/stripped of their licence/wound up" to having their goober-CEO spinning some s**t about how it's not about numbers of memberships, but revenue-per-head (while hatching a plan to call a glorified mailing list a membership) must be quite an ordeal.

They remember what it was like when they were South Adelaide, Glenelg and Torrens fans - before they all banded together to temporarily reduce Port Adelaide to the second-class status of which they were all so well-versed.

A fate worse than death.

The cognitive dissonance regarding the utter mirage that was their 20-ish year hegemony is biting hard.

To go from "Port Power are going to be relocated to Tasmania/stripped of their licence/wound up" to having their goober-CEO spinning some s**t about how it's not about numbers of memberships, but revenue-per-head (while hatching a plan to call a glorified mailing list a membership) must be quite an ordeal.

They remember what it was like when they were South Adelaide, Glenelg and Torrens fans - before they all banded together to temporarily reduce Port Adelaide to the second-class status of which they were all so well-versed.

A fate worse than death.

I am so glad my family had the foresight to support PAFC. I can't imagine sport from their angle, just awful.

How useless is Ditts though? He doesn't have the balls to stand up for us, just awkwardly laughs along with that bonehead.

I remember before our home Showdown last year, Roo made a comment that Port had tanked in the past. Tredrea called him on it and said not in his time and then Roo says something like "well Ditts has been around the club before you were."
Both Ditts and Tredders went silent. I think WGT was in disbelief, but it proves that Ditts talks smack about us at times just to fit in and be accepted by Roo. Of course the obvious point is that pre-AFL tanking wasn't even possible. **** I hate Roo.

Stay classy Roo.

Such a respectful operator. Can i recall any of our board members in the media carrying on like Roo? Nup, cause our club couldnt give two shits about that franchise.

Wish we could say the same thing about this board. Reckon every thread I've read today has somehow transformed into something about the crows.

I know they are our main rivals but not sure why every discussion needs to have them brought into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back