Training Pre-Season 2015-16

Remove this Banner Ad

417426.jpg

images

A comment from PRE:

I went down for a look.
Hot morning for footy, seemed like they played about 3/4s with breaks in between.
It was a fiercely contested hit out between the blacks and yellow squads.
The yellow side looked as if it had the more established older players where as the blacks had a younger makeup.
Not that you can take much from it but the end result was 68 to the black side to 50 to the yellows.
Players that really impressed me for the blacks were their midfield in Lloyd, Conca, Miles, B Ellis & Townsend. Broad pretty good on Jack too. Soldo and Chol (who took another impressive mark) both spent time I the ruck as did Vickery, Griff McBean. Beanie also took a contested mark and sobbed it from near 50 which was pleasing.
Townsend kicked 2 tagged Cotchin hard for most of the game. He will play plenty going by today.
Marcon & Lennon showed plenty in the 2nd half. They didn't hold much back. Dusty (yellows) went off with a head knock. Cotchin & Miles had a wrestle and Jack & Kam also got upset with each other towards the end.
Skills were ok. Both teams missed a lot of easy shots on goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 214761
Is that Tigger? So many red nuts/strawberry blondes in our side now
Good to see Morris being useful

Chol - Hmmm really starting to get excited
McBean - looks like gained some size
Menadue & Markov - Sign of things to come
Townsend/Moore both are really a massive upgrade on Arnot/Gordon

Good to see Morris being useful

Chol - Hmmm really starting to get excited
McBean - looks like gained some size
Menadue & Markov - Sign of things to come
Townsend/Moore both are really a massive upgrade on Arnot/Gordon
Lol forgot Morris was on our list until I saw him being used as a step ladder by a first year rookie.

Because he would not go to one game? If he goes to every home and away game but misses an elimination final because he can't deal with the heartbreak that does not make him a bandwagoner.
a true supporter will go come what may.
ya can't take ya bat/ball & go home when it doesn't go your way....

To be fair I did say first and second round in my initial post... Rance and Griff both mentioned were high second rounds mind you. Miles was taken from GWS, McIntosh has shown some good signs but its still early for him, Grimes shouldn't be judged until he can get on the park for a decent length of time, Batch, Lambert and Menadue aren't anything special imho ... Ofcoarse your drafting has improved when compared to the Tambling, Oakleigh-nicholls etc saga, but I think you're pretty naive if you think that Richmonds drafting after their top picks is anything other then ordinary.
if it's too early to judge McIntosh then it's far too early to judge Menadue......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back