The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno man, I think if the people didn't walk out they wouldn't have given a ****

Good on them for swiftly changing it but it's still mega eggs on their faces
Similar thing happened with us the other day. Season ticket holders got an email saying that because we drew Barca in the UCL (which triggered the games going into a higher price category) that their price for this season's ticket would go up ~20 quid and would be added on to their renewal cost for next season. Was a huge backlash (mostly on social media, it was Arsenal of course :D) and a day or two later the club issued a statement retracting the charge.

Good to see that fans can make a difference.

They are already backtracking. Seems like Johnson told scumberland that he was innocent.

Yeah, I reckon they must be scrambling internally to try and figure out what to do now. Have read a few articles saying he should be sacked and that he is potentially facing jail time. Big decision to make as he's an integral player for them and they're in the midst of a relegation battle.

They can't play him. It may end up costing them tens of millions, but they can't. What fan wouldn't walk-out if they did?
What do people think of the new PL logo?

They are getting absolutely caned for it.
I liked the old one and I like the new one. I think someone should start measuring all the 'social media outcries' that fill-up news websites. We need a threshold of 200 complaints or something before they're allowed to call it a controversy... Anyway, this change was big enough to see how it would freak some people out. And I guess we're meant to call it PL now, not EPL/BPL.
New-EPL-logo.jpg

This is a genuinely bizarre reaction to what is really a very simple joke, I wouldn't have thought it was worth getting so worked up about tbh.
Yeah, Bojan tried the same tactic, altho he at least tried to inject some humour into his accusation of me being humourless. If you want to keep doubling down on his arguments you can follow this up with a 'yawn'. But onya for being loyal to each other.

Last edited:
With a year left on his contract how much will Gundogan be worth in the summer? Most likely the best CM in the world right now (anyone who disputes this watch his game against Stuttgart the other day, he has been performing at this level all season) & only 25 yrs old would fetch a pretty high price i'd imagine. UNfortunately i don't think he will extend his contract again but i am still hoping he does.

With a year left on his contract how much will Gundogan be worth in the summer? Most likely the best CM in the world right now (anyone who disputes this watch his game against Stuttgart the other day, he has been performing at this level all season) & only 25 yrs old would fetch a pretty high price i'd imagine. UNfortunately i don't think he will extend his contract again but i am still hoping he does.
Only a year left. That's good. He should come and reunite with Klopp. :)

Kthxbai.

Johnson sacked! Probably the only right decision that could have been made IMO.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Needs to do it for another 2 years before he's the best CM in the world imo

25-30m with 12 months left, Germans have a track record of getting solid fees paid for them, but not mega fees

Haha anyone else seen Tom Elliot's article on how to improve football in the Herald Sun?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but if it's in the Sun it must be ******* atrocious.

What does Tom Elliot now about the sport? Basing it off his dads failed NSL team?
He pretty much says that football is boring because it's 'plagued' by 0-0 draws and ways to make the game more exciting would be to make the goals larger, remove the goalkeeper and to abandon the offside rule. That amongst a lot of other nonsense about the AFL and the rugby codes having perfect rules, perfect fans and being 'real football.'

He pretty much says that football is boring because it's 'plagued' by 0-0 draws and ways to make the game more exciting would be to make the goals larger, remove the goalkeeper and to abandon the offside rule. That amongst a lot of other nonsense about the AFL and the rugby codes having perfect rules, perfect fans and being 'real football.'

oh no.

why do the dumbest campaigners get the loudest voice?

oh no.

why do the dumbest campaigners get the loudest voice?
No idea. Mind you, he was receiving a hammering on twitter earlier today from other journalists and a few professional sports people, such as Andrew Bogut.

It really shits me when AFL people comment on Football 'suffering' from low scoring games, I'd take a tightly fought 0-0 draw over a 60+ point blowout in AFL every day, a 0-0 draw can still be exciting if it's a good contest.

When you actually make it a challenge to score the value and crowd appreciation of a goal goes up tenfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back