news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

if he wins the 155 they will go for it there is nothing to sell at ufc 200
We've seen the UFC values dollars over integrity to the sport. If Conor called out Jon Jones they'd put it on if it made sense financially.

Ok Connors camp def want a crack at WW for UFC 200 well he has to get passed Rds first do you think he has let his mouth get the better of him here? Ww division is like murders row
He is definitely entitled to have crack if he get's over dos Anjos, but here's the thing - he ain't beating dos Anjos.

Seriously though, do you think the UFC are better off with Conor as a 3 division champ or will him being champ of 3 divisions just destroy any credibility that the UFC has, at least in the FW, LW and WW divisions?

Plus, I feel as though he should be defending his FW title by the time UFC 200 comes around, otherwise he will have not had a fight for 7 months, if he fights for the WW title at UFC 200 then most likely it could be another 3 months or more before he is ready to fight again meaning he wouldn't have even defended his FW title in at least 10 months, possibly longer.

If he gets injured and becomes inactive, does that mean he vacates all 3 titles?

I think logistically, the whole thing would be a mess if they allow him to hold all 3 titles, let alone fight for a 3rd (if he wins the LW title).

He has a decent shot at beating RDA but its faaaaaar from certain. If he does and chooses to go fight Lawler he will get destroyed, Lawler can take the heaviest of WW punchers shots, he would eat Conors best and smile back, plus Conor is 175cms and whilst a huge f/weight, he is going to be an average l/weight and he would be a f**king tiny w/weight (Lawler is 181 i think and biiiiiig).

He has a decent shot at beating RDA but its faaaaaar from certain. If he does and chooses to go fight Lawler he will get destroyed, Lawler can take the heaviest of WW punchers shots, he would eat Conors best and smile back, plus Conor is 175cms and whilst a huge f/weight, he is going to be an average l/weight and he would be a f**king tiny w/weight (Lawler is 181 i think and biiiiiig).

The last guy to beat Lawler was 175cm.... just saying. ;)

I wasn't saying in my last post that I think Conor could beat Lawler, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he did. I think he'll eventually bite off more than he can chew (likely against a big strong grappler) but I honestly think Lawler isn't that bad of a match up for Conor at welterweight. Condit gave Lawler trouble by keeping the fight at kicking distance which Conor is capable of and I think Conor's hands are much better than Carlos'. His chin is completely untested at 170 so for all I know he could fold up the first time Robbie lands, but I honestly think he could hang with and certainly hurt Lawler on the feet.

I would think Wonderboy would be champion if he gets a shot at the WW title before UFC 200

Considering his run at the moment and his fighting style, he really should.

I mean that pylon Stipe managed to get a title shot when Ben Rothwell is obviously more deserving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The UFC 197 card so far

Daniel Cormier (c) vs. Jon Jones
Demetrious Johnson (c) vs. Henry Cejudo
Yair Rodríguez vs. Andre Fili
Robert Whittaker vs. Rafael Natal
Jessica Aguilar vs. Juliana Lima
Marcos Rogério de Lima vs. Clint Hester
Glaico França vs. James Vick
Anthony Pettis vs. Edson Barboza
BJ Penn vs TBA

We're in for a treat.

Rondas comment about contemplating suicide after her loss and her subsequent I saw my man Travis and thought I have to have his babies as her only reason for not committing suicide paint a picture of a seriously messed up lady.
someone with a mindset like that shouldn't be fighting

so have a betting comp with some mates for the bellator card who is more likely to win gracie or shamrock

Who the hell knows! If I had to favour one guy, it'd probably be Ken due to his size advantage but I don't feel at all comfortable backing a guy with a chin that bad.

Who the hell knows! If I had to favour one guy, it'd probably be Ken due to his size advantage but I don't feel at all comfortable backing a guy with a chin that bad.
yeah probably going to flip a coin feels like a circus act rather then a serious fight

someone with a mindset like that shouldn't be fighting

She's painted herself into a corner here. Either she is serious in which case she needs some sort of clearance (mentally) before she is allowed to fight against she was being flippant in which case she's just trivialized suicide and mental health. She can't just bounce on to her next fight like nothing happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back