EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Michael Egan is looking to return to Gorillas this year. I read in a Div 1 post that Shannon Broadbent wouldn't fit into the top 35 at Aberfeldie with all the up and coming youngsters. What does this say to a returning B&F winner of the club? plays 2's?

Have read Tyson Hartwig to Douttas in Bordermail, wow, good luck to all full forwards, has shut down all forwards in O&M, including Fev, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he captain of Wang Rovers last year?

Turbo trying to spread the pain after Pacco lost Hardingham for the season?

Love your work Stax. You do know that some of the Essendon 34 are taking this this court. More to play out I suggest.
Hardingham a huge loss but Pacco are in a position to recover which is great. I'm sure he will be a Pacco player and coach, just a matter of when. I'm sure you agree as a footy follower, it's great that people like Hardingham want to play in our league and put back into the local community. Could easily have decided to go bush for the $$ but decided to stay closer to home.

I see Michael Egan is looking to return to Gorillas this year. I read in a Div 1 post that Shannon Broadbent wouldn't fit into the top 35 at Aberfeldie with all the up and coming youngsters. What does this say to a returning B&F winner of the club? plays 2's?

I don't care what anyone says but Shaggy Broadbent is still good enough to get a spot in any premier sides best 22. Yes his getting on a bit hence why his playing div 1, but his still more than capable.
Yes I do agree with the points system coming in some clubs will play home grown talent, and might decide against chasing "older" types but if you need some experience he still goes alright.
But I guess Shaggy probably wants to drop down a grade in his later years.

it's great that people like Hardingham want to play in our league and put back into the local community. Could easily have decided to go bush for the $$ but decided to stay closer to home.
Hahahahaha, he could've gone bush for the $, you must be kidding.

You don't seriously think all these ex-AFL players run around in the competition because they want to give back to the community? No, it's because they're being offered plenty of cash by EDFL clubs which are probably the highest paying in the state.

Hahahahaha, he could've gone bush for the $, you must be kidding.

You don't seriously think all these ex-AFL players run around in the competition because they want to give back to the community? No, it's because they're being offered plenty of cash by EDFL clubs which are probably the highest paying in the state.

Hey mate, he lives in the area and has made a lot of friends there. You might have noticed him attend games last year when Essendon VFL were playing on Sundays or byes. To me that shows me the type of person he is. But yes his getting paid well to play (I assume) but I'm sure he had higher offers to travel somewhere. But hey who really cares. The main thing clubs look for is to get fair or good return for there investment. That I'm sure we agree on.
Cheers mate all the best!

Hey mate, he lives in the area and has made a lot of friends there. You might have noticed him attend games last year when Essendon VFL were playing on Sundays or byes. To me that shows me the type of person he is. But yes his getting paid well to play (I assume) but I'm sure he had higher offers to travel somewhere. But hey who really cares. The main thing clubs look for is to get fair or good return for there investment. That I'm sure we agree on.
Cheers mate all the best!

There it is again another player playing for the jumper and not for the coin give me a spell. Looks like another player who has been a pacco for a little while sam caruso on the move. This will test pacco's depth. Or they will just go recruit again and test the points boundary.

There it is again another player playing for the jumper and not for the coin give me a spell. Looks like another player who has been a pacco for a little while sam caruso on the move. This will test pacco's depth. Or they will just go recruit again and test the points boundary.

If you come and see me I will buy you a beer and tell you all about the good things. You will enjoy it and then buy me one back. Lol. But guessing you have been there before and might even know me.

I don't care what anyone says but Shaggy Broadbent is still good enough to get a spot in any premier sides best 22. Yes his getting on a bit hence why his playing div 1, but his still more than capable.
Yes I do agree with the points system coming in some clubs will play home grown talent, and might decide against chasing "older" types but if you need some experience he still goes alright.
But I guess Shaggy probably wants to drop down a grade in his later years.

I rate Egan going back to Abers to play 2s shows where his heart is as no doubt could chase cash if he wanted. On Broadbent i think you are very wrong, his best is way past him and even when he finished at Marby the game was starting to catch up to him and was never one of the elite mids in A grade. He worked hard and had a bit of c u n t in him which got him through but that would not cut it at any of the top premier teams any more,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is this the way you try and conivnce yourself that everyone plays for the jumper by jumping on here. i think you have good insight on footy but give it up mate only kidding yourself.

I rate Egan going back to Abers to play 2s shows where his heart is as no doubt could chase cash if he wanted. On Broadbent i think you are very wrong, his best is way past him and even when he finished at Marby the game was starting to catch up to him and was never one of the elite mids in A grade. He worked hard and had a bit of c u n t in him which got him through but that would not cut it at any of the top premier teams any more,

Hey Allaboutme, all fair points you have raised and I suppose we are all entitled to our opinions. I don't actually disagree with any of this but I suppose I was more trying to say every side needs some experienced players and finding tough inside mids is not easy. But you can't carry to many older type players in premier footy these days. I guess Shaggy feels the same as you hence why his gone to a lower division.
I suppose we should move on to another subject.
How about over the next week when more clearances come through we get top 6 ladder predictions and maybe even our top 5 players as some handy new players coming into the league.

is this the way you try and conivnce yourself that everyone plays for the jumper by jumping on here. i think you have good insight on footy but give it up mate only kidding yourself.

Sending messages to yourself now. That's funny!!
I'm not sure whats the big deal. Don't you agree clubs need to make some changes to get the right balance, but there is a number of reasons why players move clubs, and it's not always the clubs fault. I could go on with examples but I'm sure we all know them.
Anyway being seroius I think we move on from this subject, as we all get your point.

Let me ask you, do you think other clubs can bridge the gap on Abers domination in 2015. Are the Greenvales, Keilors, Pascoe Vales, Strathmore etc any chance this season? I do see some good recruits for all sides so it's going to be interesting.

My other question is will sides play more 18-19year olds than previous seasons due to the points system? I don't like the points system "but" I do like to see young talent playing premier and be given time to settle in. Not just given a game, but they need to earn it and might even have to drop back to the twos at times, and fight there way back.

Just a note to anyone reading this thread, and last years thread, this is the EDFL thread; not "the Turbos" thread?!
You do add alot of posts Turbo and obviously have inside knowledge and love local footy and you have ties to a certain club-which is great

How long have you been a Paco boy Turbs?

I know most of Paco and have so my whole life, fair to say that most if not all the blokes I know from Paco played for the club from U10's through to Seniors and now don't even play footy anymore for some reasono_O
... just wondering where you fit in at Paco turb and what is the plan for the future?

Will Contessa stay or will he move on to another club again?

:footy:

Everyone has there own opinion. won a flag for tatura in 2012 after leaving marby finished 3rd in comp medal and won the b&f. come back to deer park in 2013 won flag and comp medal. 2014 finals again with tatura and win the b&f. 2015 back at deer park won a flag all on working hard and having bit of c**t I suppose

Everyone has there own opinion. won a flag for tatura in 2012 after leaving marby finished 3rd in comp medal and won the b&f. come back to deer park in 2013 won flag and comp medal. 2014 finals again with tatura and win the b&f. 2015 back at deer park won a flag all on working hard and having bit of campaigner I suppose

Hey Mate, some people just have no idea. You don't need to tell anyone your resume as if they know footy they should know this. Yes footy is revolving and the standard rising each year, and getting faster but still room for a couple of "good" experienced players, but it does require commitment to a certain level.
Anyway I reckon you still have value to add and I'm backing you for the comp medal in div2. Oh forgot we call it div1 lol.
Cheers mate.

Hey Mate, some people just have no idea. You don't need to tell anyone your resume as if they know footy they should know this. Yes footy is revolving and the standard rising each year, and getting faster but still room for a couple of "good" experienced players, but it does require commitment to a certain level.
Anyway I reckon you still have value to add and I'm backing you for the comp medal in div2. Oh forgot we call it div1 lol.
Cheers mate.
I know as I said everyone has their own opinion. All good Il be doing my best and hope that's enough to have a good year. Good luck to all teams I think its going to be really competitive and even in div 1.

Made my way down to West to watch training, noticed a couple of boys returning to play this season. Robbie Hudson, Debri Kutrolli and Dane Lucas all played in the premiership side a few years ago. Will add to the recruits of Jack Yelland, Cameron Conlon, Danko Bzenic and Liam Bowkett.

Great news subway, really hope you boys do well this year. Digby is a great coach imo and as long as he is with WC they can only improve:thumbsu: All the best for this season

James Barnes was running laps at training last Wednesday!

Barnes clearance in to Sunbury Kangaroos so a significant loss for eds but having Angus back might offset that a little. Not too sure what else they have in the way of a Ruckman in the reserves??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back