Your Team Thread Discussion: In Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie RDT coach. I'm going to presume it is more similar to Super Coach than it is than Dream team?

TEAM VALUE: $10,421,300, SALARY LEFT: $118,700

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-12_17-43-4.png
    upload_2016-2-12_17-43-4.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 4
Same scoring as the original DT not SC.

Downgrade Aish, Hartung and Hall to rookies. Upgrade 2md ruck to set and forget and use spare cash in a wise manner.

Cheers for the feedback Mattrox. Gone Aish to Luke McDonald, Hartung to Duggan, Leuenberger to Lobbe and Hall to one of Heeney/ De Goey/ Cooney

Cheers for the feedback Mattrox. Gone Aish to Luke McDonald, Hartung to Duggan, Leuenberger to Lobbe and Hall to one of Heeney/ De Goey/ Cooney
You're making the same mistakes with those moves except Lobbe who looks a good pick now with no Ryder.

I'd get a Mills or Oliver or Parish or something for Hartung. Upgrade McDonald to Bartel and get a forward rookie.

View attachment 215219

Final RDT draft before the NAB Challenge.

Only real problem i see with your team is that I wouldn't want to be starting Brown and Hartley in my 22. There are so many great rookies in the mids, I think you need to downgrade one of your premiums for a rookie and upgrade at least one of those defenders. It may also mean that your 4 premium forwards become 3 and someone like a Bird, Simkin or Thomas comes in.
Not easy I know.

Rookie RDT coach. I'm going to presume it is more similar to Super Coach than it is than Dream team?

TEAM VALUE: $10,421,300, SALARY LEFT: $118,700

This is the original Dream Team format, not the bastardised AFL website version so not quite sure what you're on about there.

For anyone interested, I have written a cheat book applicable for Fantasy/Dream Team or Supercoach. It is the second year running and sales went crazy last year. It is back bigger and better, with a 50 page analysis of every club along with strategy and structure advice.

It can be downloaded from www.cheatafl.com

BigFooty have also put up a brief article of mine which can be read on http://www.bigfooty.com/news/2016/02/the-fantasy-footy-watchlist/

A re-release of the book will come out post NAB Challenge.

Is anyone aware of how you can access the logout button on the RDT site when using a small screen such as a 8" tablet. I can't find it. :(

^not a bad team but having Docherty as your D1 is concerning, feel as though you need a Bartel/Boyd/Mcveigh/Shaw type in your defence. You are taking alot of risk hoping all 4 of Docherty/Yeo/Duryea/Rosa work out, if one or 2 fail you will be in trouble without a proven premo in there.

Just my 2 cents.

^not a bad team but having Docherty as your D1 is concerning, feel as though you need a Bartel/Boyd/Mcveigh/Shaw type in your defence. You are taking alot of risk hoping all 4 of Docherty/Yeo/Duryea/Rosa work out, if one or 2 fail you will be in trouble without a proven premo in there.

Just my 2 cents.
. Appreciate the feedback. The guys youve mention just all seem to me to have good reasons not to spend big dollars on them from the start. Simpson is the other I'm looking at, but am a few dollars short for now.

Its probably my WC bias, but I reckon Yeo is nearly a shoe in to be one of the top few defenders. Can't see him not playing a lot of midfield minutes this year. Docherty and Duryea are underpriced in my mind, Duryea had four vests last year and Docherty played a fair chunk of the season with injury niggles. Both young with natural improvement to come too, can see both as safe bets for my D5/6 by the end of the season. Rosa, if on the wing, will go 90+ IMO, but unlikely to play all games as has a history of getting injured. At his price though a perfect stepping stone till the byes. Will all change after first qtr of NAB tonight though ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 216916

First crack for this year, rooks obviously just placeholders at this stage
I like it a lot. Lots of PODs that could really pay off. I'd back most of them to improve. The structure is good too. However, I do think it would look even better if you found a place for Pendlebury. Overall though, nice work

What I'm working with so far:

Def: Bartel, Kolodjashnij, Duryea, Yeo, Howe, Brown, Brown, Hibberd
Mid: Pendlebury, Lewis, Rockliff, Ablett, Hartung, Liberatore, Mills, Parish, Kerridge, Gore, Matheison
Rucks: Martin, Gawn, West
Fwds: Deledio, Barlow, Simpkin, Anderson, Menzel, Wells, Sicily, Petracca

Rookies all provisional obviously. Understrength forwardline, though midfield should make up for it

Last edited:
What I'm working with so far:

Def: Bartel, Kolodjashnij, Duryea, Ywo, Howe, Brown, Brown, Hibberd
Mid: Pendlebury, Lewis, Rockliff, Ablett, Hartung, Liberatore, Mills, Parish, Kerridge, Gore, Matheison
Rucks: Martin, Gawn, West
Fwds: Deledio, Barlow, Simpkin, Anderson, Menzel, Wells, Sicily, Petracca

Rookies all provisional obviously. Understrength forwardline, though midfield should make up for it

I'd like to see Shaw or Boyd in your backline but apart from that I can't fault your baclline. Your forward line is risky but those 4 mid pricers all have potential to score well and to make you a lot of money. If they all come off you're laughing! Your rucks are awesome and I like Menzel, Hartung, Lewis and Duryea as PODs. Good team mate

^Nice team! Not bad here is my 2 cents.

Backs: Not sure its a good idea having both Boyd and Bartel, both likely to miss games this year and that could mean trouble unless you have a reliable bench option playing come the pointy end of the season. I would look to keep one if you must, but i prefer H.Shaw/laird/houli etc for RDT.

Mids: Love them! Good mid!

Rucks: Well can't get much better than that! Not sure on Goetz though, doubt he will play. Do you have enough money to upgrade to Cox/Currie/Grimley/Michael etc?

Forwards: Ballsy move not going with Martin. Otherwise like the Hall pick as a POD. I would also move Menadue onfield for Petracca who might not be right for round 1.

Overall good team!

^Nice team! Not bad here is my 2 cents.

Backs: Not sure its a good idea having both Boyd and Bartel, both likely to miss games this year and that could mean trouble unless you have a reliable bench option playing come the pointy end of the season. I would look to keep one if you must, but i prefer H.Shaw/laird/houli etc for RDT.

Mids: Love them! Good mid!

Rucks: Well can't get much better than that! Not sure on Goetz though, doubt he will play. Do you have enough money to upgrade to Cox/Currie/Grimley/Michael etc?

Forwards: Ballsy move not going with Martin. Otherwise like the Hall pick as a POD. I would also move Menadue onfield for Petracca who might not be right for round 1.

Overall good team!
Cheers - Maybe this is a better option

upload_2016-3-3_14-0-3.png

Cheers - Maybe this is a better option

View attachment 221516

There's a distinct lack of bottom basement rookies that are likely to play round 1.

You might find that you need to free up the purse strings a smidgeon for the bench players as I suspect you have at least half a dozen there that won't play.

Also not sold on Sheridan. For that price you would want to be confident he is a keeper.

Other than that, looks good! :thumbsu:

There's a distinct lack of bottom basement rookies that are likely to play round 1.

You might find that you need to free up the purse strings a smidgeon for the bench players as I suspect you have at least half a dozen there that won't play.

Also not sold on Sheridan. For that price you would want to be confident he is a keeper.

Other than that, looks good! :thumbsu:

He rookies are fine except Goetz.

He rookies are fine except Goetz.
Actually - can you loophole in RDT? That's why I had Goetz but I'm more SC orientated that's why he was there. Good point, I'll swap him to Grimely or Cox.

Rookies are merely place holders at this stage.

Actually - can you loophole in RDT? That's why I had Goetz but I'm more SC orientated that's why he was there. Good point, I'll swap him to Grimely or Cox.

Rookies are merely place holders at this stage.

Yes you can.

Edit: Looks like your Hall POD wont be a POD anymore after tonight HAHAHA....:p

Last edited:
I must admit that I am becoming a little concerned about Yeo's form in his first two matches (I should say "lack of form"). 45 points in 84% of game time??? I'm hoping to see something better in NAB3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back