Universal Love "Never Toumpas Apart" - Jimmy, I like your hustle, thats why it was so hard to cut you

Remove this Banner Ad

OFFICIAL "THE TOUMP" ALERT:

Zaharakis and the Toump to mentor young multicultural footballers

AFL multicultural ambassadors 2016 announced

the AFL and Australia Post have announced this year's Multicultural Program expanding to 18 player ambassadors, who make up 15 per cent of the AFL player lists across the 18 AFL clubs.

Simon Lethlean, AFL general manager game and market development, said this season's ambassadors were chosen to reflect the diverse cultures continuing to emerge in Australian society and the AFL's commitment to growing the game in all communities.

"Expanding our multicultural player ambassadors to include two female footballers allows Australian Football to continue its commitment in reflecting Australian society and ensuring it's an inclusive environment for all to enjoy our game, whether that's as a fan, player or official," Mr Lethlean stressed.

"We're excited to add two female players to the list of multicultural ambassadors this year, whose talents were showcased in the female exhibition matches of 2015 and who are fast becoming well-respected role models within their respective communities.

"The expanded list of 18 ambassadors, representing 13 AFL clubs and two female clubs, will play a crucial role in raising cultural understanding, inclusion and participation at all levels of Australian football," he added.

Meanwhile, the program will include two female players for the first time in its history, who will be promoting some of the many diverse backgrounds in Australia's game.

Sabrina Frederick-Traub and Darcy Vescio will be joined by Brisbane Lions vice captain Dayne Zorko, Geelong's Tom Hawkins, Fremantle's Tendai Mzundu, Gold Coast Suns players Adam Saad and Tom Nicholls, Sydney Swan Aliir Aliir and Western Bulldogs player Jason Johannisen.

The new additions in 2016 join existing Australia Post AFL Multicultural Player Ambassadors David Zaharakis (Essendon), Jimmy Toumpas (Port Adelaide), Stephen Coniglio (GWS Giants), Paul Puopolo (Hawthorn), Shem Tatupu (Hawthorn), Alipate Carlile (Port Adelaide), Bachar Houli (Richmond), Nic Naitanui (West Coast) and Lin Jong (Western Bulldogs).

Essendon player David Zaharakis will continue working on AFL Victoria's talent programs, mentoring young multicultural footballers and will attend key multicultural events.

Port Adelaide's Jimmy Toumpas, on the other hand, will facilitate cultural education sessions with community leagues and community football clubs, as well as assist with multicultural talent programs in South Australia.

OFFICIAL "THE TOUMP" ALERT:

Jared Polec and Chad Wingard share spotlight in Port Adelaide’s trial game

Former Demon Jimmy Toumpas — acquired in the off-season — was quiet in his first match in Power colours but coach Ken Hinkley was not concerned, saying the hardrunning midfielder had “fitted in perfectly’’ at Port. “He didn’t see a lot of the ball but he’s done everything right this pre-season and will fit into our team pretty easily I would think,’’ Hinkley said.

Former Demon Jimmy Toumpas — acquired in the off-season — was quiet in his first match in Power colours but coach Ken Hinkley was not concerned, saying the hardrunning midfielder had “fitted in perfectly’’ at Port. “He didn’t see a lot of the ball but he’s done everything right this pre-season and will fit into our team pretty easily I would think,’’ Hinkley said.

Yeah he can't get a kick even when there's only one team on the field, I'm sure he'll be fine come finals.

I've Heard Toump and Ollie talk about the Dees a lot. They are both pissed to be at Port and most probably playing finals. Would love to be a fly on that wall......

Toump...Hey Ollie, boy did you get lucky!
Ollie...Not wrong Toump. Why did you stay a year longer than you had to?
Toump....Don't know. They nearly got me too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone knows I was pretty big on Toumpas coming good when he was here, but it sounds like nothing has changed at all.

Sounds like you were there? What did you see? Have Mates who were ther and they say he was quite good. Admittedly, that's compared to our standards, not theirs.
Your nameless mates' opinions mean about as much as the media report the rest of us are going along with. Toumpas just lacks the appetite at AFL level, and it makes him an inferior player. Nothing against the guy, he's a good bloke and I hope he does well at Port. I just can't see it happening.

I like the Toump, still reckon he'll make as a best 22 player, won't get to the high draft pick quality we all wanted, but he's still only heading into his 4th season and like to cut slack to players in their first 4 years as they are still developing.

I like the Toump, still reckon he'll make as a best 22 player
Agreed. A bright future in the SNAFL awaits.

...and like to cut slack to players in their first 4 years as they are still developing.
4 years is enough time to play a couple of decent games

Toump is s**t.

I'm glad The Toump has plenty of friends to watch his progress at Port Adelaide in 2016 :)

I see youre new to this whole Toump thing, mate. If you knew anything about Jimmy Toumpas you would know that he's allergic to "progress", he doesnt even get "progressively" worse for crying out loud, he started out s**t for us and continued playing at that same s**t for the four years he was here, making the same mistakes week after week. You will see what i mean if he manages to string three games in a row togther for you.

Progress, impossible. He's a poor man's Cale Morton. Ill be amazed if he's not off your list by the end of this year, at the latest, next year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back