BigFooty Song Contest, Host: Loonerty, Theme: TV themes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We'll probably have a theme in the morning. Anyway, according to my stats, Loonerty last won before Krisholio did.

That puts us WA people at a disadvantage if the theme is chosen in the morning, all the good songs will be gone by the time we get up.

That puts us WA people at a disadvantage if the theme is chosen in the morning, all the good songs will be gone by the time we get up.
What not going through until Day 2s play kicks off Plugg? And when one of the spare Kiwi national anthems has won the contest too. For shame.

Can you investigate the highest place/votes of a Billy winner? Think I set a new record.
Indeed you have. Call_Me_Floss came close with American Pie but you are the first person to achieve a podium finish and win the Billy.

5. Dinosaur Jr - Plans
4. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sacrilege
3. The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
2. Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
1. A Perfect Circle - Judith

Billy: Suzi Quatro - Daytona Demon

Could have thrown a blanket over the top 4. Gave extra votes to songs I hadn't heard before, otherwise the Charlie Daniels band would have gotten the 5.
Cool, I was hoping someone here, anyone, would dig it. I think it's probably my favourite song of the last 10 years - the best thing J Mascis has ever done. I can understand Illinois being a nazi over the title, but there was simply NO WAY I wasn't going nom it for this round.

Cool, I was hoping someone here, anyone, would dig it. I think it's probably my favourite song of the last 10 years - the best thing J Mascis has ever done. I can understand Illinois being a nazi over the title, but there was simply NO WAY I wasn't going nom it for this round.

I like Dinosaur Jnr. It was actually an oversight it didn't get votes from me. Should have given it 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God Told Me To - Considered nominating this. Great song, probably will be criminally underrated by this crowd.
This is the song that went the furthest up in my estimations from listening to all the songs on the playlist.
I'd heard it 2 or 3 times before and never thought much of it, but it's a cracking song.

That lead guitar bit at the start (and later on) is genius. Simple, but so familiar… Like something from an Explosions In The Sky album or Monster Magnet, I dunno.. can't quite put my finger on it. Anyway, not something I'd normally associate with Paul Kelly. Works really well.

It's exactly why I participate in the song contests. Heard some great songs that I never would have heard otherwise.

The billy nearly won the comp.

**** ya'll for nothing boting me higher.

Also **** ya'll for not being able to understand what Clapton went through and why he wrote that song.

it was my first choice , thats why i billied it.

What people dont realize is that music changed forever when bon scott died. Hells bells was the first thing anyone ever heard when acdc started playing again. Its opening is spiritual and deeply moving.

Should of got five from everyone, back in black is the finest album ever.

The one time I go to bed before 2am!
Thanks Dave Dobbyn, you the real MVP.

So since one of my themes was "travel" and we just had a "air travel" round (thanks Allikat), I'll go with my back up theme: TV themes!
Pretty sure this hasn't been done and if there is a lot of backlash I'll think of something else.

So it can be a song written for the TV show or just a song used by the show.

Let's aim to have all noms in by say 10pm eastern Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back