Scandal Lyon and Brownless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the part that gets me. It's like if I was one of the most outspoken anti-drug athletes going around, but I was doping like it was going out of fashion, I'd probably be a bit worried that I'd get caught out 10 years after I retired, when the testing methods improved.

Same thing with celebrities: when I was a bit younger, I remembered hearing stories about this ex-player/that ex-player up on their high horse about Ben Cousins or Laurence Angwin and then I'd figure that all the stories that I'd heard about said ex-player being off their head on drugs nearly constantly when off camera mustn't be true. Surely people just aren't that blatantly hypocritical, especially when there's countless strangers witnessing what they're doing in plain view (i.e. nightclubs and parties)? I was pretty naive.

But that's the thing to remember with media people: they just have to look good on camera (and some of them don't even need that), they don't need to be supreme athletes and so they can get up to a hell of a lot more mischief than athletes, as long as they've got no concern about being hypocrites.

The cases I know off, relate more to people enjoying excessive drinking rather than drug use, that isn't to say some don't use but I haven seen any of that but excessive drinking is something many of them do enjoy or they enjoy other perks which they often frown upon when enjoyed by other people.

Knowing a few people around the AFL/media community, nothing surprises although what I find bemusing is that the next day many of these people like to front a camera and in a self-righteous manner have a crack at any one who acts in an inappropriate manner.
Rex Hunt used to be all sanctimonious when he commented on the latest AFL scandal, all the time he had a mistress on the side.

Rex Hunt used to be all sanctimonious when he commented on the latest AFL scandal, all the time he had a mistress on the side.

That kind of thing is common, it seems like the more sanctimonious the person is the greater the chance that they themselves are playing up or doing something suss.

Can someone who actually knows anything (so nobody already in this thread) and is not a ******** (so about 2% of BF posters) please PM me what happened.

I don't know nothing bout Gazza boning Billy's daughter/s, but since this thread is dying a slow death I'll tell you about the time Eddie Mac G lost his phone in the nightclub I was managing...

It was the night of the GF Footy Show thingy and Cos Cardone rings right after we close freaking out coz Steady Eddy dropped his phone somewhere when he was farked up on Crownies...

Gazza was there that night also and he too was cactus. Massive bummer...we never found the phone. Oh the fun I would have had with that contact list...

Mistress's that he was paying a weekly wage.

I was at a party years ago and all the channel nine who's who were there and nothing i hear ever surprises me after that night.
Talk about living in an altered state of reality.
The whole night blew my mind and I actually had to pinch myself if what I was seeing was real.
Wasn't like real life the way I know it!

Pity it wasn't a channel 7 party with Jennifer Keyte

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at a party years ago and all the channel nine who's who were there and nothing i hear ever surprises me after that night.
Talk about living in an altered state of reality.
The whole night blew my mind and I actually had to pinch myself if what I was seeing was real.
Wasn't like real life the way I know it!
My Sister in law works on tfs, I can verify this info as accurate and true from everything I've been told.

At least most celebrities and sportsman do "only" Coke and not crystal meth as would be the case at many normal people's parties who can't afford or aren't connected enough for the Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back