Game Day Intra club match @Whitten Oval 9:30 am.

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who went. Did they rest all the rucks up forward and outside of goats were any of them looking any good if so? Tom Campbell showed some promise up there two years ago before having a difficult 2015 season.

I was standing next to the blue bench big Red was icing high on the leg docs didn't seem to concerned and I heard him say he was a bit sore.

Thought minnow was pretty good in the ruck and round the ground.

Caleb is definitely going to make every other club look stupid for not picking him.

Watching libba and Wallis going head to head was exciting for anyone let alone our own fans.

And it was brilliant to see Koby running around again. Very tough around the contest.

Thought everyone was kidding about Collins looking like an old man but now that I've seen him up close I'll agree.

Lastly all I can say is it was brilliant to go to Whitten oval for the first time and hope to do it again soon

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

So going off today Adams will probably get first crack at chb?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to Big red after the game and he said he did a big training load in the morning so was probably pretty tired. Roughead also mentioned the ice was from a bruise where someone kicked him and wasnt an issue.

Was great to see the boys back out there caleb daniel was looking in excellent touch. Really excited for the major season now!

Was Suckers and Adcock playing? If so, thoughts?
Both were playing. I noticed suckling more than adcock. That left foot is lethal and I think he is underestimated on how good he can be in traffic

Went down this morning and have just gotten home

Ill do some of the obvious ones

Rucks though Minson/CAmpbell was pretty even but minnow was better around the ground for mine.

Roughead looked decent in the second half and won a few taps looks to have a way better leap to me than all the other Ruckmen.

Libba was good without dominating, was playing on half back in the first but went into the middle and got his hands on a few, in the last he was involved in a few more passages of play which was nice, to me he was solid and will get better.

Caleb Daniel was everywhere in the first half really good skills not as dominant in the second half

Stringer was excellent just knows where to go kicked 3 and gave away at least two, was in the middle in the last qtr i thin, he just looks dangerous around the ball.

Bont was solid without being spectacular, got more involved as the game went on, i dont this he will miss a beat.

Bob was bob, no decline there, best passage of play for mine was when bob kicked 50 meter pass to Macrea in the middle who kicked an absolute dart to Dale for a goal

The following were good without going into it - Macrea, Dale, Roberts, Dickson, Redpath, Gotez, Dunkley, Wood, Wally, Stevens.

The following i think we ok without staring Hamling, Morris, Mclean, Cordy, Honeychurch, Suckling

Cant say i saw everything as quite a few new numbers and cant spot numbers from the far side of the ground so i might have missed some stuff

hope this helps those who couldn't get down with a bit of info.

Went down this morning and have just gotten home

Ill do some of the obvious ones

Rucks though Minson/CAmpbell was pretty even but minnow was better around the ground for mine.

Roughead looked decent in the second half and won a few taps looks to have a way better leap to me than all the other Ruckmen.

Libba was good without dominating, was playing on half back in the first but went into the middle and got his hands on a few, in the last he was involved in a few more passages of play which was nice, to me he was solid and will get better.

Caleb Daniel was everywhere in the first half really good skills not as dominant in the second half

Stringer was excellent just knows where to go kicked 3 and gave away at least two, was in the middle in the last qtr i thin, he just looks dangerous around the ball.

Bont was solid without being spectacular, got more involved as the game went on, i dont this he will miss a beat.

Bob was bob, no decline there, best passage of play for mine was when bob kicked 50 meter pass to Macrea in the middle who kicked an absolute dart to Dale for a goal

The following were good without going into it - Macrea, Dale, Roberts, Dickson, Redpath, Gotez, Dunkley, Wood, Wally, Stevens.

The following i think we ok without staring Hamling, Morris, Mclean, Cordy, Honeychurch, Suckling

Cant say i saw everything as quite a few new numbers and cant spot numbers from the far side of the ground so i might have missed some stuff

hope this helps those who couldn't get down with a bit of info.
That pass from Bob was awesome. It was just a massive hint of what is to come again this year

I just got back from the game. Not going to go too indepth with my view on things but a few things i picked out was.

- Caleb Daniel looks amazing with ball in hand, he always hits a target very good skills and gets rid of the ball quickly, I think he will play just about every game this year. His only problem on the footy feild is I feel he has patches of brilliance but than goes missing.

-Honeychurch Looks so good when ball in hand a bursting away from packs, I liked his forward entry passes and really liked how he is a very team oriented player. Just needs to really put his head down and keep pressuring.

-Jong, very hard at it, solid marker but unfortunately from what I saw today, His kicking and decision making still needs alot of improvement, My only knock on him is I dont think his kicking or decision making will ever improve, however im very open minded to being proven wrong.

-Josh dunkley looks really solid around packs and hits the contest really hard. He is a very similar player to Kobe Stevens and Jong but I beleive he will surpass both in next 16 months. I was quite impressed with him he just keeps going at the contest and likes to spread, The sort of player you would love to coach.

-Goatz, I remember when he was first drafted I read somewhere he was skinny and had a long way to go. TBH im very impressed with him, It was the first time I saw him and he looks solidly built, Kicked 2 nice set shot goals, He isnt as far back behind the pack as what I thought judging by fellow bigfooty posters on here. Has alot of improvement in him.

-Redpath has taken another step. He looks very composed and very rrady to make CHF his own, He will ave 2 goals a game this year.

-Brad Lynch, I didnt find him too skinny at all, yes he has some filling out todo and wouldnt mind seing abit more muscle, His kicking however is very exceptional and I think he will get a few games this year if 1 or 2 of our HBF get injured.

-Campbell looks ready to make the ruck division his, He looks really strong, fit and hungry.

. Stringer is a freak, He simply makes something out of absolute nothing.

-Goatz, I remember when he was first drafted I read somewhere he was skinny and had a long way to go. TBH im very impressed with him, It was the first time I saw him and he looks solidly built, Kicked 2 nice set shot goals, He isnt as far back behind the pack as what I thought judging by fellow bigfooty posters on here. Has alot of improvement in him.

So does Goetz look like he will be a ruckman, a CHF, a FF or a ruckman/resting tall forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back