Universal Love Who do you follow when we play your VFL side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandringham. When watching Richmond VFL I more look at players on the AFL list rather than wanting them to win.

Picked the Borough as a kid and kinda stuck with them, really don't follow the VFL much to want either them or our 2nds to win more than other when they play each other though.

I pretended they weren't there. :oops:

I tried to do that with Preston, but it just didn't help.
Was worse when i heard they'd moved a few home games to Prince's Park.

I tried to do that with Preston, but it just didn't help.
Was worse when i heard they'd moved a few home games to Prince's Park.
I stopped going for a few years, didn't buy a season ticket for a while aswell. Changed the song, no atmosphere. Luckily we've been stand alone for a few years.

I stopped going for a few years, didn't buy a season ticket for a while aswell. Changed the song, no atmosphere. Luckily we've been stand alone for a few years.

They stuffed it.
When the AFL Ressies sides joined in they should have made it into two Conferences like American Sport.

Code:
VFA                                        VFL
Bendigo                                  Carlton
Box Hill                                  Collingwood
Coburg                                   Essendon
Frankston                               Footscray
North Ballarat                         Geelong
Port Melbourne                        Hawthorn
Preston                                   Melbourne
Sandringham                           North Melbourne        
Werribee                                 Richmond
Williamstown                           St Kilda
Casey - Dandenong                  Gippsland or Murray

Each side plays home and away against the other sides in it's conference for 20 games. The top four in each conference play off for the top in each conference then play the top side in the opposite conference to see who the champion of Victoria is.

Last edited:
They stuffed it.
When the AFL Ressies sides joined in they should have made it into two Conferences like American Sport.

Code:
Williamstown                           Casey - Dandenong

I put Casey - Dandenong in the VFL as they moved after the 2001 season.

Each side plays home and away against the other sides in it's conference for 18 games. The top four in each conference play off for the top in each conference then play the top side in the opposite conference to see who the champion of Victoria is.
It'll never be the same as the old VFA, they were great Sunday afternoons back in the day.

It'll never be the same as the old VFA, they were great Sunday afternoons back in the day.

Yeah mate, my father used to take me to the local games on Saturday or watch the Tigers then on Sunday it was follow the Bullants.

The government should have done the same here as the US did to the NFL and rule no Sunday AFL games to protect the VFA.

Yeah mate, my father used to take me to the local games on Saturday or watch the Tigers then on Sunday it was follow the Bullants.
Yeah...we lived 5 minute walk from Willi's ground, me and my brother would go watch them train during the week then to the game on the weekend. I still get to atleast half a dozen home games a year but like I said it's not the same... Having said that neither is the AFL!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah...we lived 5 minute walk from Willi's ground, me and my brother would go watch them train during the week then to the game on the weekend. I still get to atleast half a dozen home games a year but like I said it's not the same... Having said that neither is the AFL!!

No way is the VFA anything like it was, yeah ok it was similar to the NRL in behaviour but it was so tribal, so much like the local and country leagues, it was fantastic.

AFL is a joke, the people at the tip of the top have ruined footy almost all over Australia.

Anyway the way to bring the VFA back is to stop playing Sunday AFL games in Victoria and have VFA only games.

Sandringham. When watching Richmond VFL I more look at players on the AFL list rather than wanting them to win.
Used to love the Freddy Cook,Rex Hunt rivalry to see which one would kick the most goals.

They stuffed it.

Code:
Williamstown                           St Kilda
Casey - Dandenong                  Gippsland or Murray

Each side plays home and away against the other sides in it's conference for 20 games. The top four in each conference play off for the top in each conference then play the top side in the opposite conference to see who the champion of Victoria is.
Would have worked if there was enough coin to go around, however there wasn't.

My dad played for coburg and then we joined them. I really struggle to barrack against them when we play them. The side I follow in my local league I have trouble when they play a team in a richmond top. .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My dad played for coburg and then we joined them. I really struggle to barrack against them when we play them. The side I follow in my local league I have trouble when they play a team in a richmond top. .

What years did your dad play for them?

I think it was early 60 's. We always watched them and followed them when I was growing up.

Same here, follow Coburg....played there. ...the old Cleary days were the best.

The good old days. Wrestling at Festival Hall followed by the VFA, followed Dandenong for some unknown reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back