No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be an interesting year for John Worsfold trying
to find the correct balance between player development
and playing the top ups. Probably in the end it will come
down to continuity as a lot of the banned players were the
ones you would expect to play the big minutes.

Did the AFL err by not letting the other affected clubs
have access to top ups or top up in our case, while seemingly
rewarding the club that caused all the problems in the first
place ? Ah well just another stroll down integrity avenue.

Worsefold has a pretty good gig this year. No one expects them to win a game, he can only surpass expectations.

Worsefold has a pretty good gig this year. No one expects them to win a game, he can only surpass expectations.
I sort of agree in terms of general expectations of win/loss. However there
will be a few internal voices at the club saying either A- We are paying
these top up guys so start playing them. Or B- I believe the children are
the future we must get them ready for when our champions return, but
will the champions ever return.

Had a nice chuckle to myself when I read these buried deep within the SC board, thought I'd share here:

Aahhh the Griffen. A creature with the arse of a Bulldog, the head of a Giant and the balls of a gnat. Legend has it that it has the ability to become invisible for lengthy periods especially in Western Sydney on a Saturday afternoon.

Native to South Australia but sighted as far as Footscray to the east / Campbelltown to the north, the Griffen is a diurnal creature, hunting the pigskin by day* and going pigshooting at night (or whenever it feels like hiding from its club),utilizing its close set eyes which have evolved over generations. A complex beast, the Griffen is renowned for its fearless attack on the footy yet has been witnessed to wet itself at the mere thought of being named captain.

* Every second week in 2015, to be exact.

EDIT: one more in reply to the above:

You're of course referring to the fearsome Bulldog Griffen, a savage pack hunter. Alas now presumed extinct after the invasive Boyd's Hyena overran its territory.

There's also the lesser known Greater Western Sydney Griffen, however whoever called it "greater" was surely playing a joke. The Greater Western Sydney Griffen is a cowardly creature who lurks in the shadows, seldom seen, especially on the harsh grasslands of the Spotless stadium. It's a crafty devil, every now and then darting out of it's hiding place to grab a cheap possession before retreating back to rest in safety on the half back line or preferably the interchange bench.

Last edited:
214327_68df79b27371cb7d9747093c6899b333.png

Hoping for a better result from our boys tomorrow.

Last edited:
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...-mental-health-condition-20160213-gmta5h.html

Look's like we may not have to be put through Garry Lyon's hatred of our club this season.

By the way - when did rooting someone else's wife become a 'mental health condition'?

Seem's to be standard PR strategy in the AFL.

Can't see footy classified surviving and surely that's the last nail in the coffin for the ever rotting carcass of the show-formerly-known-as-the-Thursday-night-footy-show. James Brayshaw as the senior host? The media deliver s**t sandwich after s**t sandwich that we happily eat because the crusts have been removed and the remains presented in the shape of a footy. But an hour long Brayshaw Toastie? I think the stench will quickly overpower said presentation....

Can't see footy classified surviving and surely that's the last nail in the coffin for the ever rotting carcass of the show-formerly-known-as-the-Thursday-night-footy-show. James Brayshaw as the senior host? The media deliver s**t sandwich after s**t sandwich that we happily eat because the crusts have been removed and the remains presented in the shape of a footy. But an hour long Brayshaw Toastie? I think the stench will quickly overpower said presentation....

I'm a little more optimistic about the single host format which I think would work better, but it may have worked better with Lyon as opposed to Brayshaw. That said if the NRL show is successful this year following the live NRL game on Thursday night then I'm sure that may help the future of the AFL show staying on screen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I'm into scandalous AFL gossip......but it would appear through the media's reporting that a 48 year old male from East Brighton is alleged to have fornicated with the ex-wife of a 119kg Corio Bay male.

Dunno my Melbourne geography, but it sounds like Lyon rooted Brownless's ex-missus.

Classy work from Lyon, which has also ended Brownless's TV career.

Clearly supporting the Demons leads to severe mental illness.

Lyon is just a runny turd.

Dunno my Melbourne geography, but it sounds like Lyon rooted Brownless's ex-missus.

Classy work from Lyon, which has also ended Brownless's TV career.

Clearly supporting the Demons leads to severe mental illness.

Lyon is just a runny turd.

About bloody time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back