SFA Golf Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does the ball really make a difference? I'm 90% sure that I could be hitting a soccer ball, tennis ball or home brand golf ball and would get the same ordinary result

Does the ball really make a difference? I'm 90% sure that I could be hitting a soccer ball, tennis ball or home brand golf ball and would get the same ordinary result
They all feel a little different off the face. Bloody expensive game if you let it be

They all feel a little different off the face. Bloody expensive game if you let it be
Play lawn bowls boys... expensive to start out (not as expensive as golf) but your equipment lasts for ever. The biggest danger you have is spilling beer on your shoes

If you're a hacker, like me, don't use the tour balls as they spin more and your bad shots are even worse.
Off to play the Dunes, fourth hit in 18 months - May the Lord have mercy on my soul!

If you're a hacker, like me, don't use the tour balls as they spin more and your bad shots are even worse.
Yeah that's why I've generally played the e6

Tap in par on the last...the previous 17 holes meant nothing! :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has a slope of 123

Looking at the scorecard it doesn't look that long.
It looks bloody tight tho

Lots of risk reward decisions

I might have been thinking Bundoora.

Ok next question sperts

Golf shoes. How vital is it to have a pair of golf shoes. I've never worn them, always just played in the runners and never had an issue of slipping.
There is no way I could play without shoes.

There is no way I could play without shoes.
How bout golf shoes? Im quite handy in my thongs.......................

Get your minds out of the gutter :p
cold_beer_thongs-r61f3e60e55b6489f883d8418fc7bdcac_z9cuv_324.jpg

How bout golf shoes? Im quite handy in my thongs.......................

Get your minds out of the gutter :p
cold_beer_thongs-r61f3e60e55b6489f883d8418fc7bdcac_z9cuv_324.jpg
Haha no seriously though if I played without Golf shoes I would spray the ball everywhere. lose power ..you've got to wear Golf shoes.

Haha no seriously though if I played without Golf shoes I would spray the ball everywhere. lose power ..you've got to wear Golf shoes.
Yeah think i'll get a pair. Worst bloody thing now is im going to have to get orthotics :( so may be limited in what shoes i can get for them

Yeah think i'll get a pair. Worst bloody thing now is im going to have to get orthotics :( so may be limited in what shoes i can get for them
Well ill go out in sympathy with you because as soon as I get back to Melb I'm straight to the podiatrist to get orthotics. Having too much trouble with knees etc.
I hadn't considered it affecting my Golf until just now!:mad:

I always had issues when driving the ball. Would always slip. But haven't had an issue since I got golf shoes.

Well ill go out in sympathy with you because as soon as I get back to Melb I'm straight to the podiatrist to get orthotics. Having too much trouble with knees etc.
I hadn't considered it affecting my Golf until just now!:mad:
Yeah I had them when I was a teen. They got ruined whilst playing footy in them. Didn't replace them and have gradually got bad knees. But the worst thing has been plantar facia setting in. Wore some temporary orthotics which have done wonders

Whoa, how have I not seen this thread before??

I have a boys golf long weekend coming up :D. Down south to Mandurah tomorrow afternoon, Meadow Springs on Saturday, Kennedy Bay on Sunday and Secret Harbour on Monday. Very keen!

Bought a new driver and had one of those "holy crap I've finally fixed my swing" moment on the range yesterday.

As such I'm fully expecting to not play anywhere near my handicap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back