Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather he stayed reasonably slim. He's bloody quick for a big guy, and * me he can get some clearance from defenders.

Problem at the moment is the rest of our forwards have been so s**t, and our delivery so poor, it's been easy for opposition to simply drop in to space in front of him.

I'm kind of morbidly interested to see whether these experienced top ups help improve delivery inside 50 - he could be surprisingly good this year.

Would rather he stayed reasonably slim. He's bloody quick for a big guy, and **** me he can get some clearance from defenders.

Problem at the moment is the rest of our forwards have been so s**t, and our delivery so poor, it's been easy for opposition to simply drop in to space in front of him.

I'm kind of morbidly interested to see whether these experienced top ups help improve delivery inside 50 - he could be surprisingly good this year.

I'm sure there will be some success stories this year. A guy like Jackson Merrett or Fantasia could shine on a wing in place of Stanton for example when given further opportunities in a more suitable position.

Would rather he stayed reasonably slim. He's bloody quick for a big guy, and **** me he can get some clearance from defenders.

I don't want Joe to become a behemoth as I agree, he needs to maintain his mobility and speed. I'd like to see him be more competitive in 1:1 contests though, if not marking the ball at least bringing it to ground. In order to do this he needs to get stronger in the legs, core, upper body, pretty much everywhere.

Fourth year is supposed to be break out year - Let's wait and see.

Really. Think the conversation was 4 to 6 seasons for most of the big blokes. This year is not going to be helped now we have a few big gaps in the big bloke department. Could find himself double teamed a lot again.

Really. Think the conversation was 4 to 6 seasons for most of the big blokes. This year is not going to be helped now we have a few big gaps in the big bloke department. Could find himself double teamed a lot again.

I don't subscribe to this theory as IMO players develop in their time - I was merely rehashing the numerous posts earlier in this thread about year 4 being a break-out year - I'll be happy if JD shows more footy intelligence and builds up his tank - Then the results should come.

I don't subscribe to this theory as IMO players develop in their time - I was merely rehashing the numerous posts earlier in this thread about year 4 being a break-out year - I'll be happy if JD shows more footy intelligence and builds up his tank - Then the results should come.

Joe needs to evolve more as a player. He plays like he did in junior football which isnt setting the world on fire concurrently.

So you do not subscribe to the the theory. Only trouble is it is not a theory , it is what history tells you. I do not think anyone said 4 seasons was the magic number. I know i said it is generally years 4 to 6 sometimes 3 to 5 and if you are at the very top of the tree 2 to 4 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you do not subscribe to the the theory. Only trouble is it is not a theory , it is what history tells you. I do not think anyone said 4 seasons was the magic number. I know i said it is generally years 4 to 6 sometimes 3 to 5 and if you are at the very top of the tree 2 to 4 seasons.
I think he would have had his break out year last year if it wasn't for all the shenanigans. In a good team he would have found the opportunity to get off the leash.
The team this year may still be no good, but he will go close to breaking 50 i reckon

I think he would have had his break out year last year if it wasn't for all the shenanigans. In a good team he would have found the opportunity to get off the leash.
The team this year may still be no good, but he will go close to breaking 50 i reckon

Agreed he started the season quite well and was on track to kick 40 goals easy from memory

Dad is Anthony and played on gorilla Full Forwards. He's due to pack some size. Patience.
If Anthony was plasticine and you stretched him, what would you get? Punched in the ******* face probably ... Loved Anthony, was just learning the ropes as a fullback myself when he played; him and Langford where the two I watched most keenly. This is going to be a huge year for Joey - I don't think he has to score a hell of a lot or be uber successful personally, but that at the end of the year you'd hope that he would have learnt a fair bit about leadership through adversity. Hopefully he manages to win a few off his own boot.

The look of determination, the reach, the mo... who'd put their hand up to go against this monster?

12644747_10153855854309356_7172855201594607437_n.jpg

So if JD breaks out this year, would that make him an early 4-6, or a late 2-4? ;)

The look of determination, the reach, the mo... who'd put their hand up to go against this monster?

12644747_10153855854309356_7172855201594607437_n.jpg

More interested in what's in the gachground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back