Votes: 43 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 39 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the quality of the casting isn't great, to deter you from doing it.

You can get Foxtel Play on Samsung Smart TV's. About $45 per month with Fox Footy I think. No joining cost, and you can cancel anytime you like.
I have the same on T-Box. I think we got away with 3 months last year.

Oh right, that's a shame. If there was issues, you'd think/hope the AFL has put plenty of time and money into getting it up to scratch for this season. They're only going to get more people signing up, so it's not an area they can afford to call near enough is good enough and put the feet up.

Yeah apologies I should have specified my setup - you wouldn't want to be relying on it to look comparable to Foxtel on a home theatre system or anything like that. I watch it through my tablet which does the job for me.

Last edited:
A heads up - you can add an AFL live pass to your Dees membership (if you're in Aus/NZ) for 65 bucks - a pretty good deal considering it's 90 on the AFL/Telstra site.

I've used it for a couple of years now and must admit that while it isn't perfect, it's the best solution to watch EVERY game of the season without getting the way more expensive Foxtel. Plus nearly instant access to match replays.

Hope Telstra give me some money for that.
I've considered the live pass. it gives me something to watch on the train home for 2 and a half hours after a sat arvo game. Must say i did not realise that you could bundle it with your membership, so i three questions
1 - Can you still add it after buying your membership?
2 - Offer sounds to good, is it for the H&A season or just challenge?
3 - Is it only for Dees games?

Yeah apologies I should have specified my setup - you wouldn't want to be relying on it to look comparable to Foxtel on a home theatre system or anything like that. I watch it through my tablet which does the job for me.

Damn ... because playing it through a home theatre system was what i'd planned to do with it!

Oh well, it will be late in the season when I move, so plenty of time to scope it out.

Is there anyway to get the live pass up on a smart tv?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with a MHL to HDMI cable does the biz. Other Android phones probably work. Don't know about iPhone.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with a MHL to HDMI cable does the biz. Other Android phones probably work. Don't know about iPhone.
Asked Tyson Densley from the AFL site on Twitter about if there was a PS4 or Smart TV app coming. He said the broadcasting contracts limit the size of the screen they're allowed to stream on. So any workarounds you can find, use them, because they're not allowed to do it officially.

Or just get free HD Foxtel from JB hifi for 3 months. No lock in contract ect.

Just got to be a Telstra customer. If your not you can buy a $2 sim x3 for $6 to qualify :)

Oh and then you keep it for the season and pay the last few months or cancel it after 3 months (Telstra will call you first and if you want to cancel they will even pay the postage). And then you can go back into JB and then have a different person from your house signs up again*.

You are welcome friends.

*this last part might not work, I dunno, it's just what the man said.

I watch on AFL live via iPad and iPhone. I then brought a $70 VGA connector from the Apple Store. I run it through my old projector and PC speakers and project it on my wall at home. Kick the kids out close the door and watch any game live no adds.

Foxtel is actually pretty reasonable these days at $50 a month for the basic package + sports. I guess if you're not into other sports like rugby, tennis, overseas cricket tours, soccer, etc + watching TV shows on TV it does seem like you're paying $50 a month to just watch AFL games, but it's definitely not as bad as it used to be.

Foxtel is actually pretty reasonable these days at $50 a month for the basic package + sports. I guess if you're not into other sports like rugby, tennis, overseas cricket tours, soccer, etc + watching TV shows on TV it does seem like you're paying $50 a month to just watch AFL games, but it's definitely not as bad as it used to be.
Yeah we were paying $150 a month so I suspended it for a month, called up to cancel and now have pretty much the same thing for $50 for 12 months. The bloke on the phone actually said to me to keep pushing Foxtel as he thought I could get more.

Yeah we were paying $150 a month so I suspended it for a month, called up to cancel and now have pretty much the same thing for $50 for 12 months. The bloke on the phone actually said to me to keep pushing Foxtel as he thought I could get more.
Oh yeah, that's also really easy to do. You can work them down from 12 month contracts to 6 month contracts at half the price. Before I left Australia I was getting 4 or 5 packages for like $50 on a month to month basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints and Norf have more than us. :(

Doggies have about 3k less. o_O

I'm suspicious of St Kilda's numbers...

North are giving out massive amounts of complimentary memberships and including them in their numbers.

Then again, we may be too, but I haven't heard anyone complain about us yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back