Scandal Lyon and Brownless

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Already posted on Bay, if not kosher for main board, please delete, thanks)

If only the Lyon King had paid more attention when he was a cub... but I guess he has his pride.

simba.jpg

demon21

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2003
Tasmania
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
melbourne/Chargers
For those people who are saying Lyon is faking his mental state what would be the point of that just on here a lot of people will say he is faking it and get criticised even more and also the fact is no one knows what's going on in his mind.

I always find it funny how some people get worked up over stuff like this the fact is Lyon and Brownless ex wife are single and they can do what they like, Yes many people may not agree with it but unless your in that family who cares.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
Look, you're just pushing for a barney and i'm not going to fall for it, you are childish and immature and you cannot read. You might as well close down Big Footy because none of us know anything except the information given to us by the media and that has been plentiful on this subject. I am responding only to the headlines from both the Age and Sun that state the reasons behind "what happened". It's not hard to find out, it's all over the papers and internet! I've only given my thoughts on it and a view on "Male taboos", so i 'll stick to that.
IMO the mental illness card is being played by the Nine PR department to shield Lyon from something that has obviously REALLY happened and he has been stood down.

Now the bolded gave me a really good laugh- thanks. Can you show me where your adamant stance that Garry (who mind you may indeed be putting it on or is in fact a PR strategy) has been confirmed on the 'internet and papers' you hold so dear, to be lying about his condition.

Seems that you use that as an information source, and you are adamant that he is, so if you can show me where that is fact I can then be as informed as your good self.

Your last sentence is very measured and adult like well done- bit different to anything you have been prattling on about as though fact previously.

Sorry, sticking your dick in your best mates woman and feeling bad about it when you face the consequences can't be compared to legitimate depression. Dog act from a dog bloke.
Didn't say it wasn't a dog act, but then so is breaking a contract and taking money you haven't earned. Mental illness could be behind both, or none. Garry could be so depressed he was driven to the woman who was comforting him for all we know. Meanwhile, she wasn't "his woman". She left him a year ago.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
For those people who are saying Lyon is faking his mental state what would be the point of that just on here a lot of people will say he is faking it and get criticised even more and also the fact is no one knows what's going on in his mind.

I always find it funny how some people get worked up over stuff like this the fact is Lyon and Brownless ex wife are single and they can do what they like, Yes many people may not agree with it but unless your in that family who cares.

Channel 9 are faced with an awkward situation as two key members of its main football shows have fallen out, it looks like they have sacked him or sent him on an extended holiday just weeks before the season starts so to try and manage the situation they have put forward Lyon needs a break for medical reasons, knowing that other media outlets have the story.

It may have been Lyon's idea or someone at channel 9 has gone okay we need to deflect this but it hasn't worked, they have also tried to change the narrative to protect Bill but it hasn't worked although public support is strongly leaning to Bill.

Now the bolded gave me a really good laugh- thanks. Can you show me where your adamant stance that Garry (who mind you may indeed be putting it on or is in fact a PR strategy) has been confirmed on the 'internet and papers' you hold so dear, to be lying about his condition.

Seems that you use that as an information source, and you are adamant that he is, so if you can show me where that is fact I can then be as informed as your good self.

Your last sentence is very measured and adult like well done- bit different to anything you have been prattling on about as though fact previously.
Exactly. The convenient part in the paper - evil Garry Lyon *s over good bloke Bill Brownless - is true. The inconvenient idea that Garry Lyon has been suffering from a mental illness for a long time, also in the paper, is untrue.

I just don't get it.

More importantly, I don't give a * and I don't understand why anyone here does either.

*I don't like Garry Lyon, FWIW.

demon21

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2003
Tasmania
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
melbourne/Chargers
Channel 9 are faced with an awkward situation as two key members of its main football shows have fallen out, it looks like they have sacked him or sent him on an extended holiday just weeks before the season starts so to try and manage the situation they have put forward Lyon needs a break for medical reasons, knowing that other media outlets have the story.

It may have been Lyon's idea or someone at channel 9 has gone okay we need to deflect this but it hasn't worked, they have also tried to change the narrative to protect Bill but it hasn't worked although public support is strongly leaning to Bill.

Well considering the other media outlets have the story they also said Lyon has been having issues for years, The point being no one knows the true story and what his mental state is.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Well considering the other media outlets have the story they also said Lyon has been having issues for years, The point being no one knows the true story and what his mental state is.

Yes but it would appear that they are going by channel 9's media release

This doesn't take away from reports over time that Lyon suffers from some kind of medical condition.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

Kool aid drinker

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast

I think where the problem lies is that Bill has not come to terms yet with his failed marriage, and has not let go. Consequently when she teams up (if true) with a best mate, #### hits the fan!! It was always going to hurt no matter who his wife teamed up with?

demon21

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2003
Tasmania
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
melbourne/Chargers
I think where the problem lies is that Bill has not come to terms yet with his failed marriage, and has not let go. Consequently when she teams up (if true) with a best mate, #### hits the fan!! It was always going to hurt no matter who his wife teamed up with?

I can understand why Bill is angry and upset and how it hurts both family's, But just find it funny the way some people go on about it its like someone has been killed they are both free to do what ever they wan't too.

Sep 21, 2009
Melbs
AFL Club
Essendon
For what it's worth, as far as I'm aware Garry Lyon and his wife have been separated for about 10 years, and Billy and Nicky split up at least a year ago.

The strong implication people seem to be going for is that Lyon cheated on his wife with Nicky within months of her separation from Billy, but not really sure that's accurate.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Forget the wife, my money is on Gazza chasing one of the daughters:

Billy-Brownless-with-daughters-Ruby-and-Lucy-Emirates-Stakes-Day-2014-500x455.jpg

Billy's wife has some seriously strong genes. Clearly he played no part in this.

As for mental illness. Its quite possible he does suffer. Millions do. But millions arent cheating on their incredibly close friends with wives/ex wives.

Its hard to guess which mental illness it is. It would have to be one which stops you from being honest and faithful with your friends.

Douchebagitis perhaps.

While I have enormous sympathy for people who struggle with mental illness, having people very close to me suffer from serious forms, I just cant see this being anything other than an excuse and a distraction and Lyon hiding behind it to stop scrutiny, rather than being a legitimate issue. No wonder we question everyone who uses it.

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
For what it's worth, as far as I'm aware Garry Lyon and his wife have been separated for about 10 years, and Billy and Nicky split up at least a year ago.

The strong implication people seem to be going for is that Lyon cheated on his wife with Nicky within months of her separation from Billy, but not really sure that's accurate.
Garry and his wife may be "separated" but they still spend a lot of time with each other, including going to New York together.

Doesn't really matter who was separated from who at the time. Going behind your best mate's back and getting it on with the mother of his children is pretty low. But honestly, who really cares what semi-famous people get up to in their personal life.

Sick of people hiding behind the word depression when they stuff up

Ahh, but if you make sure people know a celebrity is mentally ill, then he can elicit sympathy, rather than just have everyone call him out for being a prick. (like you can't be both??)

I've had depression for a long time, and can be a prick at times, but I've never done that to a mate.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Kool aid drinker
Piss funny seeing a Bombers fan say this but yeah so true.

FFS Dees fans should hate Lyon. He dogged their club when they needed him most. He was happy to bag them out and criticise everything but when they asked him to help out and coach the gutless prick shied away.

I cannot believe the Kool Aid drunks on here sometimes though. Absolutely baffling.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong

Wrong! Lyon's wife did separate over an alleged infidelity many years ago. However, they reunited subsequently and more recently she decided to separate again.

Billy's separation was more recent but if you watch Open Mike on YouTube you'll hear him say that Nicky and he and the family were all on good terms. Presumably while Lyon was screwing his - albeit recently separated - wife behind his back. Nice way to treat a good mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back