Stop now you cowboys!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How about we stop the lynch mob right now and let the club sort itself out. If you think that all your panicky bullshit is helping, you are wrong. We need to hang tight together rather than trying to hang everyone with two legs at our club. Stop looking for scapegoats you cowboys. Get behind KT and Kochie and the players while they are trying to sort through their issues.
You are showing yourselves to be a bunch of sooky wimps. I thought Port supporters had a bit more intestinal fortitude than that. There's plenty of the season to go and plenty yet to play out. Things ain't going our way right now but learn to hang tight. Support the club and turn up and at least have some hope. It was always going to be challenge with the suspensions. Things don't always end with everyone riding off happily into the sunset but give the club a chance.

tumblr_nam67txumi1r27k09o1_400.gif

As said in another thread, im sick of hearing how rosey and how happy the playing group is and how well the coaches get along etc etc. just stop.
Why if everyone is so happy etc is the body language looking like s**t!? Why arent they playing for each other? why then are players getting frustrated and getting fines week in week out?
One thing to hold tight, another thing is to accept the s**t that this footy club has put out on field for the last 18months!

As said in another thread, im sick of hearing how rosey and how happy the playing group is and how well the coaches get along etc etc. just stop.
Why if everyone is so happy etc is the body language looking like s**t!? Why arent they playing for each other? why then are players getting frustrated and getting fines week in week out?
One thing to hold tight, another thing is to accept the s**t that this footy club has put out on field for the last 18months!
wrong thread

Intestinal fortitude?

I'm sorry, that's wrong. Port supporters really haven't a great deal of intestinal fortitude because it is pretty easy to support a club that knows how to get s**t done and did for so long.

Intestinal fortitude?

I'm sorry, that's wrong. Port supporters really haven't a great deal of intestinal fortitude because it is pretty easy to support a club that knows how to get s**t done and did for so long.

The last 10 years suggests otherwise. Apart from the odd flurry of brilliance we have been either frustratingly laconic or downright embarrassing.

Anyone who has consistently supported the club through this era has guts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems to me people forget just how bad we were last year. I think this just has Primus era written all over it and everyone is now worried we are going to end up a basketcase again. #PutYourForksOut

latest

destroyed and embarrassed by the crows, destroyed and embarrassed by gws, destroyed and embarrassed by the cats (15 goals to 3 after a fight...) now is the perfect time to get your cowboy on. this isnt woodville, south adelaide, melbourne or some other basket case footy club, hate to say it but we are heading down that path, every port fan should be fired up about whats gone on the last 2-3-10 years.
dont be a sook and accept the club must cop some criticism.

I think people could handle losing by a goal or 2. But the 48 point loss to the Cats was actually our SMALLEST loss of the season, and I'd say that's what most people are upset about.

Not to mention the 'oh well, maybe they go better next week if we pick them all again' is really frustrating as well.

How about we stop the lynch mob right now and let the club sort itself out. If you think that all your panicky bullshit is helping, you are wrong. We need to hang tight together rather than trying to hang everyone with two legs at our club. Stop looking for scapegoats you cowboys. Get behind KT and Kochie and the players while they are trying to sort through their issues.
You are showing yourselves to be a bunch of sooky wimps. I thought Port supporters had a bit more intestinal fortitude than that. There's plenty of the season to go and plenty yet to play out. Things ain't going our way right now but learn to hang tight. Support the club and turn up and at least have some hope. It was always going to be challenge with the suspensions. Things don't always end with everyone riding off happily into the sunset but give the club a chance.

Agree!

Sick of the reactive responses on here, sack the coach, sack someone, anyone.. blah, balh, blah!

At least it looks like KT + the rest are sticking together from his last email.

destroyed and embarrassed by the crows, destroyed and embarrassed by gws, destroyed and embarrassed by the cats (15 goals to 3 after a fight...) now is the perfect time to get your cowboy on. this isnt woodville, south adelaide, melbourne or some other basket case footy club, hate to say it but we are heading down that path, every port fan should be fired up about whats gone on the last 2-3-10 years.
dont be a sook and accept the club must cop some criticism.
There are plenty of other negative, panicky threads for that sort of talk. o_O

"It was a disgrace, an absolute disgrace. We owe the world an apology, a performance like that was a disgrace. Politics, that's what I put it down to. There are too many people in this club with hidden agendas. That's the problem. That 48 point loss tonight was politics, nothing else. Whether you are involved directly or indirectly you have an effect.

"Because of a pissant supporter base that still thinks it's back in the SANFL, this club will never be successful in the AFL until you get rid of that crap.

"Things change very quickly in football clubs. If someone's not happy with something, they do whatever they can to fracture it. That's what they do. Whether it's jealousy or ego, whatever it is, it certainly smacks of that at our club at this point of time.

"Everyone is involved. I am not going to name names, everyone involved with the club is involved very heavily.

"I couldn't give a damn about my future. This club will never win anything until it gets rid of it.

"I wanna be the coach, yes. We need to work in a happy environment, and this was a very happy place until a year ago.

"We have got a very big week coming up. It's the whole lot. A performance like that, you can't tell me that we forgot to play football overnight. That tells you your mind is not fresh. There's a lot of s… in your mind, you can't play football, you can't do anything.

"It's going to be extremely difficult. It's going to be a massive heart-to-heart Monday morning. We want people out there who want to play football. We need people around the club who are thinking of the right things, football, nothing else.

"I will be taking charge of the playing group. You either got balls or you don't have balls, Monday we will see who has them and who hasn't and then we need to come out on Saturday and show that we have got them."

Sage words, Auerilo. Sage words indeed. :D

Really enjoy your posts, I just can't agree with this one. As a long time and loyal supporter the last 10 years has been a nightmare. We had a good year in 2014 but apart from that we've not nearly well played good enough for what's on the list. I sat through those dark days of 165 point beltings and listened to everybody talk about how irrelevant our football club was.

Sure, we need to stick together and keep turning up to the games, however Doesn't mean we have to sit there and continue to watch insipid performances. Any organisation that continues to perform badly should accept criticism. Reform starts at the top and goes all the way to the bottom. Kochie and KT have set the benchmark. The players and coaches now need to lift to that mark or leave the club. I f**king love this club and I don't want to hear any more rhetoric from the players about how they are hurting etc etc. Get out there, start being professionals and show us how much this great club actually means to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back