Unofficial Preview Changes & pre-match discussion vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

So what's the gameplan for the northern kangaroos this weekend? Kick it long down the line and hope one of your 48 talls can clunk it? Lmfao so predictable. #oldschoolfooty
Look what the cat dragged in.. Mods card this fool..

Ikr. Especially after we lost.

Wait.
Sure, but turner didn't do much and a couple of the backs have been iffy for a while. I'm happy to give sugar another go but some other players need to regain some form in the vfl and then come back imo. You can't keep playing players who don't perform, even if you are winning.

Notice how the club been building this game up while Bulldogs are playing it low key? Can the Bullies handle the pressure? Will be interesting to see how they go if we continue with our forward pressure.

We're playing mind games ;)

You think norf are the benchmark? Lol. Remember when Collingwood were 7-2 at the start of last year? You're just a team who has peaked too early and won't make finals same as the Collingwobbles

One thing I won't be too worried about is blokes with 10+ preseasons under their belt running out of puff when the real stuff starts.

You probably should know a bit about it peaking too early after seeing your own mob lose to the worst team in the 8 in the finals last year.

I'd be happy to see us bank 3 out of the next 4 games against Dogs, StK, Ess and Carlton, get to 8-1 and then we can start resting a few every week to be fresh for the finals.

I'd be happy to see us bank 3 out of the next 4 games against Dogs, StK, Ess and Carlton, get to 9-1 and then we can start resting a few every week to be fresh for the finals.

Uhhh ... maybe you should take a look at our fixture list from Round 10 onwards.

What has Turner done at VFL level to warrant his selection over Wood?

Seriously, I want to know, because I haven't been overly impressed by anything Turner has done at AFL level. In his career he's averaged 2.6 tackles, 9.8 disposals and less then a goal a game. While they aren't horrible numbers, I am failing to understand how he is such a lock, especially with Masons performances at both VFL & AFL level.

Seriously, I want to know, because I haven't been overly impressed by anything Turner has done at AFL level. In his career he's averaged 2.6 tackles, 9.8 disposals and less then a goal a game. While they aren't horrible numbers, I am failing to understand how he is such a lock, especially with Masons performances at both VFL & AFL level.

Scott has his favourites ...

Why do you think Scott has gone with Turner over Wood?

Turner is far from a lock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not realise Turner's game was that much better than Wood's..
I better see a late change.

Hey guys it's been a torrid week on BF between our clubs, at least on our board. Nothing unusual there, no love lost. But it's great our 2 clubs are sitting first and second and playing a big Friday night game. Probably less unusual for you guys given your history, but none the less given our similar situations with supporter bases and so on, it's a great thing for footy.

Of course we want to win, it's nice to see 2 different side somewhat the focus this week. Well done, you have built a team to challenge, I hope we can test you, but I hope no matter what we can continue to show what clubs with our financial situation can do. May the rivalry continue between us.

Turner may bring more defensive pressure in our forward line. They move the ball so well out of the backline that we need to get some pressure on their small backs. I would have preferred wood to stretch them - but they know best.

We stretched them last year and lost.

Admittedly there were a number of other factors that contributed to that loss but we have a side that will still stretch them.

I think we had no other option than to go with Turner over Wood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back