Review R6: Port v Richmond Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want to put it in here early, Toump was really good tonight. Consistently works hard defensively and does the hard stuff. Get games into him and his ball use will get better and better.

DBJ playing like a veteran. Hard as a cats head.

Someone said Ollie a captain's knock - so true.

the most impressive thing was we changed things up. it wasnt the same old rubbish, we actually made changes and mixed it right up.
imp up forward, charlie, hoff and howard up through the ruck at times, still got belted in hitouts but were much more mobile and competitive, broadbent through the middle not soft seagulling down back. polec responding the proper way after being given a rightful bake. impey finally allowed to show his dash and flair instead of being wasted down back. stewart back where he has always played his best footy.
much better, credit to the coaches, now stick with it...

This is aimed at the posters who filled our board with slagging the selections off, the coaching and etc and said we'd be beaten easily.

Enjoy that. That was the perfect line up for the oppo and the players played for the coach and each other. That's all we need. Now back the guys in and here's the chance to turn the season around

Didn't think our first half was good, thought Richmond stunk. Our second half was better and Richmond also improved a bit so it was nice to see us play some classy football under pressure.

Main positives were the contest and the defence for sure. Amazing effort to always be contesting every single ball and more often than not winning. Tackle count was amazing.

I still hated kicking to Impey / Ah Chee as our only forward way too often. Sometimes it worked, but a lot of what we did tonight will not work against the good teams.

You know what. I think I'll join you. It's gotten to that point where the expectation of a good season has been let down for the last time. The terrible standard Richmond keep producing makes it easirt to let it go and laugh. It has come to this.

I feel for you buddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what. I think I'll join you. It's gotten to that point where the expectation of a good season has been let down for the last time. The terrible standard Richmond keep producing makes it easirt to let it go and laugh. It has come to this.
Your fans deserve better. Never done anything to deserve it

Since everyone's usually so quick to bash the umpires on an off night I'll go the other way and say this was the most well-officiated game I've seen in a while. Aside from that goal umpire's call on Wines' GOTY contender I thought for the overwhelming majority of the game they let it flow and didn't play any soft frees.

I thought that as they walked off too. Maybe 1/100 games is that well done. Deserves recognition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back