MRP / Trib. LT incident on Hunter ( Cops 1 week - Accepted Ban)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't help but feel if the roles were reversed the media would be going out of their way to absolve Hunter due to Thomas knees being buckled to draw high contact.
Don't drop your knees! A simple side step or shimmy and Thomas is effectively out of the contest and the Dogs could have launched a potential attacking foray but Hunter took the stupid option where he drops his knees and puts himself at risk of being seriously injured
Bending at the knees trying to draw a free with the degree of difficulty of 1.5 when the head is thrown back.
I'll buy careless if it's also acknowledged that Mr 44 meaningless possessions contributed by dropping his knees.
He was going to his knees.....it's a high tackle attempt.
if the dogs didnt drop to thier knees at every oppurtunity. as well as thrusting thier necks into tackles this may not of even been a worry.
This should be the impetus for a rule change where players who drop at the knees to draw high contact and put themselves in danger are penalised.

Hey guys, I'm conscious of not being a pain in the @rse on your board, so I'm not going to go into Bont's comments or LT or tunnelling or anything like that.

I just wanted to say one thing - and that is Lachie Hunter HAS been known to drop his knees at times. But I really don't think this is one of those occasions. If you look at the slow-mo video in the OP, you'll see that Hunter goes down low to pick the ball up. And 4 frames after he has touched the ball Thomas makes contact. In that 4 frames he has already begun to rise up. So regardless of what you think of Thomas' tackle, I don't think it's fair to say Hunter was dropping his knees to draw a free.

Congrats on the pantsing. 16 points is a severe under-representation of how thoroughly we were beaten.

This is all about hate for Thomas.

Incidents like this have happened for 100 years and not one has ever been punished by the tribunal.
Correct.

I'll also add a hypothetical. Hunter coathangers Brent Harvey. Thomas runs in to remonstrate with Hunter, giving him a forceful push to the chest/neck area.

What odds on the free NOT being reversed, to teach Thomas a lesson?

I can have an opinion on a player. He has been shithouse this year and seems to be undroppable. Being a supporter doesn't mean you can't be critical
You are not being critical, you are being vitriolic and just flat out wrong. It was a s**t post, if only we could suspend posters for s**t posts......

I found a GIF of Lindsay's "Clothesline From Hell" on Hunter. Here it is:

91c389d3713cd46b92a69058d8194587.jpg

I just wanted to say one thing - and that is Lachie Hunter HAS been known to drop his knees at times. But I really don't think this is one of those occasions. If you look at the slow-mo video in the OP, you'll see that Hunter goes down low to pick the ball up. And 4 frames after he has touched the ball Thomas makes contact. In that 4 frames he has already begun to rise up. So regardless of what you think of Thomas' tackle, I don't think it's fair to say Hunter was dropping his knees to draw a free.
Turn it Up!

image.png

When Hunter grabs the ball his knees are parallel with the of the bottom of the British Paints writing in the advertisement behind.

image.png

When Thomas tackles, Hunter's knees drop way below of the bottom of the British Paints writing in the advertisement behind.

Hunter drops his knees and raises his torso looking for the head high contact.

Bottom Line. Bullflogs Whinge and Bullflogs Moan. Can't remember 54. :stern look

If you watch it at normal speed there's not much in it. It was a split second, he had to go for the tackle, he was going in the opposite direction put an arm out and did his best. Lindsay must have arms of steel to get him down as momentum should have allowed him to break the tackle and play on. It was high so a free kick and move on.

Check out the Hodge incident and the commentary...

Great pick up GR.

Hodge is ok because he's a good bloke, can run around belting players all day long and avoid media scrutiny.

Lindsay gets someone high once and he is guilty until proven innocent because certain members of the so-called media have a distinct dislike for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check out the Hodge incident and the commentary...

If this runs on any of the footy media this week I want the club to make a statement.

I also want JB to have the balls to call it out on the footy show, all of it, the unwarranted persecution of Lindsay through the footy media.

I can almost guarantee we'll be silent.

Lindsay is not perfect, nobody is. However, I will state my life of the fact that he is an honest, hard working player. However, he has assumed the role of whipping boy by everybody, including plenty of people on our own board because they mistakenly believe that he is constantly playing for free kicks. Every single time that Lindsy tries to break through with the ball, the commentary is that he is playing for a free. Bruce was at it again on Friday. To me, and I know I can be seen as biased, Lindsay always tries to position his body in such a way that it will protect him from a collision. It backfires on him sometimes. Case in point his hopeless effort to mark in the last quarter when he was completely open. However, as always, he jumped and turned his body in order to take the expected player impact on the side rather that on the front. He does this in every situation - have a look. The Lachy Hunder incident was an accident. Just look how he reacted. Normally, Lindsay would have been in peoples' faces. After the game, you could see he was really down on himself. I, for one, will continue to back Lindsay 100%. Although, I wish he's stop turning his body when flying for all his marks. He'd take a lot more marks if he changed that.

It wasn't clumsy by Lindsay. He made him earn it. Bontempelli doing a great impersonation of Cotchin's missus.

I'm getting really sick of the media's character assassination of LT. He's an easy target for all the cowards out there in the footy world.
Im afraid there was only one coward in this incident.

Turn it Up!

View attachment 241819

When Hunter grabs the ball his knees are parallel with the of the bottom of the British Paints writing in the advertisement behind.

View attachment 241820

When Thomas tackles, Hunter's knees drop way below of the bottom of the British Paints writing in the advertisement behind.

Hunter drops his knees and raises his torso looking for the head high contact.

Bottom Line. Bullflogs Whinge and Bullflogs Moan. Can't remember 54. :stern look

Good forensics there, Zondor. Plus look where LT's hand is in the first frame. Around the top of Hunter's arm. It looks like it slips up in the motion.

Mark Fine on SEN just said that 'nothing screams at me as far as the MRP is concerned' (meaning he couldn't think of any incidents that needed reviewing). Jon Ralph :rolleyes: then replied that they could look at the LT incident. Said in the past it could have been just assessed as a tackle but there are new protocols now regarding incidents that cause concussion (or words to that effect). Someone else who heard this might be able to add more detail.

He'll get a week, more due to character assassination than the actual incident.

We'll be silent. The AFL will chalk it up as a victory for concussions and prosecuting those who cause them (even inadvertently) and move on, even while their media-types-in-waiting like Hodge & Selwood are pinning blokes' heads between goalposts and decking flankers off the ball, doing far worse than LT ever has.

And it'll be a crying shame. But that's the competition we exist in. And while I love the club, we won't do anything to change it.

He'll get a week, more due to character assassination than the actual incident.

We'll be silent. The AFL will chalk it up as a victory for concussions and prosecuting those who cause them (even inadvertently) and move on, even while their media-types-in-waiting like Hodge & Selwood are pinning blokes' heads between goalposts and decking flankers off the ball, doing far worse than LT ever has.

And it'll be a crying shame. But that's the competition we exist in. And while I love the club, we won't do anything to change it.
If that's the case, Hodge cops a week also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back