Autopsy Rd 6 Post Game Discussion - Carlton def Essendon by 15 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed the game today so i decided to read the game day thread to get a feel for the game. One thing that stood out was when we kick a goal the whole board is jubilant as soon Essendon kicked a goal the whole world came to an end it was like reading a bipolar commentary report.
I understand that this is just the manifestation of a passionate supporter base but to read it continuously was just incredible.
I suggest watching the game, its the only way you'll truly get the frustration of our fans, we had so so much ball inside 50 and wasted it.

What an ugly game of football. It was nice to get the win though.

I must say the first half of the 3rd quarter, when we did everything in our power not to kick a goal, became embarrassing. Supporters of both clubs sitting near me were laughing at our ineptness. Instead of playing the percentages we tried to manufacture something special & bombed every opportunity. Even Wright's attempted dribble should have been a kick around the body which would have been a soda.

I would go as far as saying that if we didn't have Thomas & Gibbs in the team today, we would have lost badly.

I missed the game today so i decided to read the game day thread to get a feel for the game. One thing that stood out was when we kick a goal the whole board is jubilant as soon Essendon kicked a goal the whole world came to an end it was like reading a bipolar commentary report.
I understand that this is just the manifestation of a passionate supporter base but to read it continuously was just incredible.

This board is like the Melbourne weather, great one minute, bad the next.

But we are all passionate Carlton supporters who love our club, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

No doubt there were many moments some (many?) of our players shouldn't be proud of.

Good thing is though, Bolton was as frustrated as any of us and no doubt he'll make sure they learn a thing or two during the week.

Finey dissing our GWS recruits.

"They should just play kids in their place".

What kids, Finey?

He's a ******* idiot.
Wha? They're not exactly old men themselves and they're playing well :/

I hate Casboult whenever he has the ball to kick for goal. With an efficiency rate of 25% in front of goal he has to be the worst goal kicking forward of all the forwards in the competition. However he has other skills and he is reasonably tall. The coaches should reinvent him in another position on the ground. He has proven time and time again that he does not cut it as a goal kicking forward. It is just awful in the extreme to watch him kick for goal from a set shot.

You know everyone knows this.

His kicking isn't a secret.

It's like people calling for either Phillips or Krooz to be dropped every ...*******.... week when it's ******* obvious the MC will not.

They might drop Casboult but they haven't yet and I dont think they will because he's there for his strengths not his weaknesses.

Anyone listening to SEN?

"They will take you no further than a couple of spots on the ladder, which is a bad thing not a good thing". Basically he's telling us to tank it up. He also made a sly dig to SOS: "SOS did you recruit them because they were nice blokes, what's the point".

This is after he rated each of our players today, most of them rated well and actually doing their bit to help the team for the win, which is what you actually want. Plowman's overrated too, even though he's barely played but in his limited time has shown a lot of poise.

Stick to supporting drug cheats, and yelling at talkback callers who disagree with you Finey. I'm sure Bolton and SOS know far more than you. :$

I didn't know golfer Stuart Appleby was a Carlton fan. Glad we got the W on his birthday :)

wp_ss_20160501_0008.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an ugly game of football. It was nice to get the win though.

I must say the first half of the 3rd quarter, when we did everything in our power not to kick a goal, became embarrassing. Supporters of both clubs sitting near me were laughing at our ineptness. Instead of playing the percentages we tried to manufacture something special & bombed every opportunity. Even Wright's attempted dribble should have been a kick around the body which would have been a soda.

I would go as far as saying that if we didn't have Thomas & Gibbs in the team today, we would have lost badly.
I'd be more inclined to praise our back half for the win TBH MSR, but in saying that, Daisy was fantastic all day today, was everywhere, Bryce is improving, not at the rate Daisy is, but compared to where he was three weeks ago, I'd take what he has given us over the last two weeks and run to the bank.

You know everyone knows this.

His kicking isn't a secret.

It's like people calling for either Phillips or Krooz to be dropped every ...*******.... week when it's ******* obvious the MC will not.

They might drop Casboult but they haven't yet and I dont think they will because he's there for his strengths not his weaknesses.
Not good enough. The MC should focus on his strengths and, for his psychological health and that if the team , remove him as the identified CHF. Give him another role.

Finey dissing our GWS recruits.

"They should just play kids in their place".

What kids, Finey?

He's a ******* idiot.
I was just listening to the same thing.

"Why would SOS, recruitment manager at GWS, bring Jacksh and Whiley over to Carlton when they weren't making it at GWS?"
Uhhh....Finey....check your facts pls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back