Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond's football manager admitted that they were just aiming to make finals and be competitive. They knew they weren't going to win a premiership going after mature age recruits but didn't think Richmond supporters would stick with them through another rebuild.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-...for-recruiting-strategy-says-football-manager

That is quite staggering. Not so much the plan itself (although that too) but to publicly cop to it is a PR catastrophe. lol

Richmond's football manager admitted that they were just aiming to make finals and be competitive. They knew they weren't going to win a premiership going after mature age recruits but didn't think Richmond supporters would stick with them through another rebuild.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-...for-recruiting-strategy-says-football-manager

That would just about tip me over the edge if I was a long suffering Tigers supporter.

Jesus wept even if you thought it you wouldn't say it.

So Essendrug just released their Indigenous round guernseys.

Yeah, OK, you say.

Designed by....
GAVIN F***ING WANGANEEN!

That's his focus now. Aboriginal art. Make sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where the **** were they all the other night?

If we only got 27k on a Saturday night against Richmond it would be the biggest story of the week.

#tarptimepoort

That would just about tip me over the edge if I was a long suffering Tigers supporter.
Just been to their board and while its fashionable and easy to giggle I actually feel the pain that some
of their die hard supporters are feeling. Their anger is white hot. The GCS and GWS concessions didn't help us or some others.
I get the AFL long term plan but maybe they didn't foresee the short/medium flow on effect.
Oh well it is a national comp after all. Surely the RFC board and footy dept have got to wear most/all of the blame tho.
16 other teams were effected but geez wouldn't be easy being a Richmond fan right now.
Hawks n Swans next 2 games for them
ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back