Roast Dan Richardson Interview - SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not?
He's saying look at them now to 18 months ago.

Look at what dude? Dont know if you are up to speed, but they are supposedly killing it because they are world beaters that have beaten the other world beaters in Freo, Saints, Carlton and the Lions. Thats it...their win column is what it is because they beat the group that includes us now that are vying for the spoon ;)

ok Livo you asked for it as I was trying to save your apologetic face

the Gentleman he spoke to was Anthony fagan membership Manager and please explain why it would be hard to believe that we would get flogged by west coast that night ?We lost by over 40 points and got absolutely taught a lesson. He would never ring some girl on the desk and berate a receptionist get a grip of yourself .
Thats settled then.
Off the Web site.:p:D
Consumer Business
General Manager of Consumer Business Cain Liddle
Head of Consumer Richard Fox
Consumer Strategy and Engagement Manager Shane Dunne
Acting Membership Manager
Anthony Fagan
Membership Operations Team Leader Kiera Stacey
Premium Membership Sales Executive Belinda Gay
Membership Operations Officer Jade Stevens
Membership Retention Officer Pending
Reserved Seat Officer Samantha Smith
Retail Coordinator - Buyer Jack Blackmore
Membership Sales Officer Joe Rush
Membership Sales Officer Dane Norton
Membership Sales Officer Katherine McCarthy
Membership Sales Officer Sarah Leahy
Membership Sales Officer Alex Hondromatidis

They've said **** all.
I just don't understand it. If I spoke like that about the company I work for i would be breaching several sections of the code of conduct and be given the arse.

This just gets a bit of "meh". Caro said it's disappointing.
It's more than disappointing it's disgusting.
They went harder on Dusty in chopstickgate.And he was found innocent of any wrong doing.:mad:

I've worked out why we haven't landed the doozy - they've been honest with every potential recruit.

Dan - 'So you want to play for Richmond, eh. Good, good...but we've got to be honest, we only want to be competitive in the short term and are looking for mature plodders rather than potential stars. Any thoughts you have on winning a premiership won't fly here.'
Recruit - 'What? Your planning for a quick turnaround and only want to be competitive? I can't do that, it's always been my dream to play in and win a premiership!'
Dan - 'Oh dear. Dearie dearie me. That sort of thinking won't work. We thought you were someone who was happy only making finals, but obviously we were wrong. I'm sorry, son. You're just not the right fit for the culture we're building here.'
Recruit - 'Thank **** for that.'
Did you get through the membership dept? I just rang went straight through.:)

Make no mistake, 27K at the G for a home game on a perfect Saturday night for a club with 70K members is a neon light message. The fall out from the dip in sales through the superstore, the PRO bars etc will be felt. Was talking to a dude last year at the dream time who is a bummer supporter who knows a couple of tiger coterie dudes and according to what he was told a tiger home game at the g brings in a mill at a time...now a few more of last saturday and they will be worried. The other thing that has continued to defy logic is for a club with no debt and averaging 50K a game etc etc...i just cant get my head around the paltry amount we came out with as a profit last year....I can distinctly recall in the "excuses" there was one that went, we have invested heavily in the footy dept to give it all the resources to make it successful...funny s**t right there..

Thats settled then.
Consumer Business
Anthony Fagan
He's only the acting manager? That poor bastard, what a time to step in :p

Make no mistake, 27K at the G for a home game on a perfect Saturday night for a club with 70K members is a neon light message. The fall out from the dip in sales through the superstore, the PRO bars etc will be felt. Was talking to a dude last year at the dream time who is a bummer supporter who knows a couple of tiger coterie dudes and according to what he was told a tiger home game at the g brings in a mill at a time...now a few more of last saturday and they will be worried. The other thing that has continued to defy logic is for a club with no debt and averaging 50K a game etc etc...i just cant get my head around the paltry amount we came out with as a profit last year....I can distinctly recall in the "excuses" there was one that went, we have invested heavily in the footy dept to give it all the resources to make it successful...funny s**t right there..
it's called the corporate world m8 and they aren't going to come out and say we made 10 mil other they? I think it's called a tax dodge.

A one off post just because of the seriousness of this issue from me.

The key issue about all of this is our head of footy has said our club needed an eight year rebuilt, but they only did a four year one because they didn't think the supporters had the patience for the bigger one.

This is a complete crock of s**t. At the start of the cleanout, we were all given the message that the rebuild would be long, slow, and painful, but at the end of it we would have a list that was more sound and reliable moving forward.

At best, Dan is blaming his failures on us, which is weak and shows contempt for us as individuals and financial supporters of the club.

For that he should grow a set and resign.

At worst, he has unveiled that we were sold a pup, and key parts of our administration compromised the development of our club because they feared some pathetic feral rfc supporter stereotype

If this is the case, everyone who approved, condoned, and executed this deception should resign. They have not only shown contempt for us all as members, but they knowing failed to act in the best interests of the club.

We should ask and demand answers to the following:

1) Did Richmond Football Club decide to conduct an inadequate but shorter rebuild because of the fan base?

If the answer is no, Dan Richardson should tender his resignation immediately.

If the answer is yes, we then ask:

2) Which staff made this decision and supported it?

Every one who was behind this should resign. If they do not, we as members should gather the required egm trigger petition to spill the board, and replace it with one that isn't afraid of its own supporters.

We cannot have our club run by people who have no respect for us as members, and compromise the running of our club based upon this contempt they have for us.

*I know there are still a lot of genuine good people at the club, and this anger is in no way focused at them, only those who think we are a pathetic stereotype

Thats settled then.
Consumer Business
Anthony Fagan
except i was being nice and neglected to put Acting:p

I honestly dont get all the over reaction to our poor start, we have made 3 finals series in a row and this year we have had at least 1/3rd of our list injured with all these injuries over lapping each other in just the first 6 rounds, couple that with the players not injured who are out of form and it's no wonder we are struggling. The way people on here and the media are carrying on, one would think we are losing with a full strength healthy list.

Fremantle for god's sack finished on top in 2015 and are now on the bottom in 2016, don't hear calls for them to need a rebuild, the amount of over analysing on our club has reached out of control and unable to contain levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The key issue about all of this is our head of footy has said our club needed an eight year rebuilt, but they only did a four year one because they didn't think the supporters had the patience for the bigger one.

This is a complete crock of s**t. At the start of the cleanout, we were all given the message that the rebuild would be long, slow, and painful, but at the end of it we would have a list that was more sound and reliable moving forward.

At best, Dan is blaming his failures on us, which is weak and shows contempt for us as individuals and financial supporters of the club.

At worst, he has unveiled that we were sold a pup, and key parts of our administration compromised the development of our club because they feared some pathetic feral rfc supporter stereotype

If this is the case, everyone who approved, condoned, and executed this deception should resign. They have not only shown contempt for us all as members, but they knowing failed to act in the best interests of the club.

1) Did Richmond Football Club decide to conduct an inadequate but shorter rebuild because of the fan base?

Every one who was behind this should resign. If they do not, we as members should gather the required egm trigger petition to spill the board, and replace it with one that isn't afraid of its own supporters.

We cannot have our club run by people who have no respect for us as members, and compromise the running of our club based upon this contempt they have for us.

*I know there are still a lot of genuine good people at the club, and this anger is in no way focused at them, only those who think we are a pathetic stereotype
Welcome back. Never forget, this is your fault. :p

I do agree with Lloyd though about perhaps trading out somebody like Lids.
Breaks my heart but it might be where we are at.
Makes me sick thinking what he would do at a good team but if we are going to strip it back we just might have to.
And get what for him though?
No doubt he'd want to join a club with the premiership window open and if the current standings are about right,We would only get a pick in the mid teens at best for Lids.Only way i can think is if a very good player is also involved but even then it feels like we comeup short to lids actual worth.

I honestly dont get all the over reaction to our poor start, we have made 3 finals series in a row and this year we have had at least 1/3rd of our list injured with all these injuries over lapping each other in just the first 6 rounds, couple that with the players not injured who are out of form and it's no wonder we are struggling. The way people on here and the media are carrying on, one would think we are losing with a full strength healthy list.

Fremantle for god's sack finished on top in 2015 and are now on the bottom in 2016, don't hear calls for them to need a rebuild, the amount of over analysing on our club has reached out of control and unable to contain levels.

Let me be of assistance...our footy manager has come out and stated that we the members were fed BS and that our list building wasnt about targetting a flag, but it was all about targetting us to keep handing over the cash....Now dont know about you dude, either you are one of the few that have been sent into this forum on a pay check to somehow put forward some shitty stat as your reasons for being comfortable atm, or you are basically totally stooopid and cant comprehend what has gone down in the last couple of days. To be fair to you, I dont think you are a plant by the club, so it must be that you are totally stooopid ;)

Probably because RTB has pretty much told everyone they are doing a rebuild of sorts.

POTD and welcome back

Blowtorch is on Dan and the board moreso than the coach. So at least Dan takes responsibility. It does make sense that our "real" rebuild would not have worked with the early draft picks going North. But allowing Zac Smith to go Geelong rather than have a crack ? Same with McEvoy ?

Reading between the lines, Dan is protecting Dimma and redirecting the blame to the recruiters. In the process, they pulled the wool over the member's eyes.

I would suggest that the RFC hierarchy offer this year's members FREE membership for next year as punishment !

After all, we were misguided into thinking we were a Treloar away from top 4 ?
Given our serious ruck deficiencies, I agree re Zac Smith and Big Boy. Re top-ups I think it's reasonable to separate out the mature age rookies as their spot on our list when recruited was not at the expense of a kid - Aaron Edwards, Ricky Petterd, Orren Stephenson, Sam Lonergan, Todd Banfield, Matt Thomas, Anthony Miles and Kane Lambert. All except Banfield were promoted to Senior list over time and 4 of those gave/are giving a good return on little more than zero investment - Petterd, Thomas, Miles and Lambert. It's reasonable to question playing Petterd and Thomas over a kid as that was about short-term gain, but they played their role and helped us win games in 2013-15. We did manage 15 wins in both 2013 and 2015 and most of us enjoyed that consistent success....and naturally hated the bitter finals defeats. :(

Of the others who were recruited/traded into our Senior List - Shaun Hampson, Nathan Gordon, Sam Lloyd, Taylor Hunt, Andrew Moore, Jacob Townsend and Chris Yarran. A pretty poor return there, in fact the rookies have been better. So damning on FJ and Blair Hartley. Lloyd has been a win. I remain hopeful re Townsend and Yarran. Too early to make a call on Moore but he looks to be struggling. Like the others - he was let go for a reason.

Re our coaching group, I quite like Ross Smith (Defensive) and Ben Rutten (Defenders), but geez our defensive development/performance in 2016 has been woeful. Injuries have contributed of course, but defensively we seemed to start this season like a dodgy cart with a rickety wheel and there's a fair smack of desperation in suggesting that Grimes and Vlaustin are likely to return this Friday after missing 4 and 2 weeks respectively. I'd suggest usually a more cautious approach would be adopted, maybe in Grimes case a run in the two's. However, we do really need both back in and playing well and I guess the sooner they come back, the sooner we get to settling our back 6-7 and playing decent footy again.

And get what for him though?
No doubt he'd want to join a club with the premiership window open and if the current standings are about right,We would only get a pick in the mid teens at best for Lids.Only way i can think is if a very good player is also involved but even then it feels like we comeup short to lids actual worth.
Only at the right price.

Look at what dude? Dont know if you are up to speed, but they are supposedly killing it because they are world beaters that have beaten the other world beaters in Freo, Saints, Carlton and the Lions. Thats it...their win column is what it is because they beat the group that includes us now that are vying for the spoon ;)
If you can't see the difference between them now to 18 months ago then I can't help you dude.

exactly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back