List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to go after Paul Ahern too, highly skilled outside mid was flying in the NEAFL until he did a knee. He will be looking at the way they are settling at the moment and wondering if a spot will ever open up for him. Do a deal for him and Pickett. He would give us a live wire super quick small forward to go with Aherns outside game.

For some reason I just get feeling that at years end we'll do another McEvoy/Stanley type trade, where a well liked player & late pick will be moved on for a earlier pick.

Personally, a guy like Eli Templeton may be one that could appeal to another team & possibly allow us to upgrade our 3rd round pick to an early-to-mid 2nd rounder.

Anyways, just thought I'd get some discussion happening today
Eli is worth a lot more to us than whatever we'd get for him in a trade, reckon he can be a very good winger for us going forward with his nice neat skills and running capabilities. Is tearing it down in the VFL and just needs a string of AFL games in a row rather than one in one out, also more time up the ground getting more of the ball rather than playing mostly as a small forward.

A lot of people have jumped off Eli over the past year but I think he's a ripper, his VFL highlights video that's just gone up on Saints website is great viewing.

Is Jack Martin OOC? He would be my no.1 target.
Really? Jack Martin plays like a guy who just doesnt give a s**t about footy. Reminds me a lot of Lewis Jetta

If we're talking GC players, I'd take Touk Miller before I took Jack Martin. OOC in 2017 too

Really? Jack Martin plays like a guy who just doesnt give a s**t about footy. Reminds me a lot of Lewis Jetta

If we're talking GC players, I'd take Touk Miller before I took Jack Martin. OOC in 2017 too

Big no to Martin for me also. I am actually a massive fan of Saad. Have no idea what his stats are but every time I get a glimpse of GC, Saad really impresses me. He takes off every time he gets it, never seems to get caught and disposes it well. He is actually a pretty rare sort of player, can do a lot of damage out of the back pocket.

Sometimes I think players that go late in the draft often don't get hyped the same way top draft picks do, even when they are a few years into their AFL career. It takes the footy public a lot longer to catch up when rookie list players are actually having a real impact. I think Saad is a victim of that mentality.

Prime example of this, was this weekend. If Aish had played as well as Sinclair on the weekend, everyone would be frothing about the next big thing in footy. I would bet my left nut Sinclair will be a better player than Aish at this level.

Possibly an assumption but I think Jack has been caught in a poor environment & culture on the Gold Coast. His potential is clear & largely untapped. Everything he does is pure class.

He is exactly the type of player we need. He's quick, highly skilled & has X factor coming out of his ears.

Comparing Martin to Miller is like comparing a new Ferrari to a burnt out VB commodore. Nothing against Miller with that comparison, Martin is just an exceptional talent.

The kid has recently turned 21 so a bit quick to write him off. Id love him at the Saints & back our club to get the best out of him.

Possibly an assumption but I think Jack has been caught in a poor environment & culture on the Gold Coast. His potential is clear & largely untapped. Everything he does is pure class.

He is exactly the type of player we need. He's quick, highly skilled & has X factor coming out of his ears.

Comparing Martin to Miller is like comparing a new Ferrari to a burnt out VB commodore. Nothing against Miller with that comparison, Martin is just an exceptional talent.

The kid has recently turned 21 so a bit quick to write him off. Id love him at the Saints & back our club to get the best out of him.
Thats far too harsh on Touk. He's a gun

If your saying Jack Martin is a Ferrari 448GTB, then Touk Miller is a Mercedes C63 AMG IMHO.... ie: very very good, just doesnt have the same flashiness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could do with a bit of Hollywood in the team. Love his arrogance & confidence. I'd also take Buddy or Cyril.

What about we poach Thomas Bugg then. Celebrates goals before they are kicked, tries to play to the crowd like he is Akermanis (without the skill, or 3 premierships), then becomes a downhill skier and goes missing when a bit of pressure is put on like last weekend.

Perfect

Just something a bit different.

We end up with pick 5-8 and the tigers offer us cotchin straight swap and they pay 150k of his contract in his first year with us. Would any one bite?

My thinking is he would actually thrive in a midfield with good support and not having to be the #1 mid of a team.

We end up with pick 5-8 and the tigers offer us cotchin straight swap and they pay 150k of his contract in his first year with us. Would any one bite?

My thinking is he would actually thrive in a midfield with good support and not having to be the #1 mid of a team.

Yes.

There is not a nooooooooo long enough. He is the exact opposite of what we need: players with elite skills.

We would jump at that immediately, obviously it would never happen though.

I still think we need someone who is a cut above David Armitage at winning the ball.
Not Sure Shiel or Jelly are it, though I wouldn't mind them.
Take Jack Steele then. Wouldnt be anywhere near the price of Wines or Viney & will be just as good in 2 years time (the same age Viney & Wines are now)

Jack Steele & Caleb Marchbank for 2017 1st rounder plus extras

This year take Sam Petrevski-Seton or Jy Simpkin for the outside skill. Simpkin will slide too because he's broken his leg a couple of weeks ago, so he may still be available at our pick even if we win more games than expected & finish in the realms of 9th-11th

Last edited:
Take Jack Steele then. Wouldnt be anywhere near the price of Wines or Viney & will be just as good in 2 years time (the same age Viney & Wines are now)

Jack Steele & Caleb Marchbank for 2017 1st rounder plus extras

This year take Sam Petrevski-Seton or Jy Simpkin for the outside skill. Simpkin will slide too because he's broken his leg a couple of weeks ago, so he may still be available at our pick even if we win more games than expected & finish in the realms of 9th-11th

The other two were winning more ball two years ago than Steele is now. How do we know he will be someone who can average 15 contested disposals per game? ( i concede however that Viney in particular would be virtually impossible to get ).

The other two were winning more ball two years ago than Steele is now. How do we know he will be someone who can average 15 contested disposals per game? ( i concede however that Viney in particular would be virtually impossible to get ).
I feel Steele is just a victim of being at GWS. Hard to crack a full time gig in the guts when your teammates are Ward, Griffen, Coniglio, Shiel & are all elite.

He had 8 CPs from 21 touches against Hawthorn with 4 clearances & 7 tackles. He's improving every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back