Gary Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Gaz has said in multiple interviews this year that he thinks it's time the suns played finals, Now IMO they will miss out again. Is it another wasted year for Gary?

He's the best player in the comp for mine but i feel he's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and for me that's very sad.

While he's improved and gotten better at the suns he's wasted his career, I'm resigned to the fact the best player of my generation will never play on the MCG in front of 75k plus again.

Do you agree has he wasted his career?

Gary Ablett Snr wasted his career by retiring broke

Gary Ablett Jnr has loads of money and leaves behind a legacy of building a new team which will have a strong history in years to come

Gaz has said in multiple interviews this year that he thinks it's time the suns played finals, Now IMO they will miss out again. Is it another wasted year for Gary?

He's the best player in the comp for mine but i feel he's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and for me that's very sad.

While he's improved and gotten better at the suns he's wasted his career, I'm resigned to the fact the best player of my generation will never play on the MCG in front of 75k plus again.

His years at Geelong certainly weren't wasted .... 2 premiership medallions is nothing to be sneezed at.

Gary Ablett Snr wasted his career by retiring broke

Gary Ablett Jnr has loads of money and leaves behind a legacy of building a new team which will have a strong history in years to come

Built them to what exactly? His legacy at gold coast isn't something to write home about IMO.

Jr after he retires

tumblr_ng40ztiuOJ1s2wio8o1_500.gif

2 Premierships
2 Brownlows
5 MVP's
8 All Australian's
5 Best & Fairests
Foundation captain of a new AFL club
Universally regarded as one of the greatest players the game has seen

Not bad for a wasted career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to the OP, I think it is a wasted year, but not just for gary, for the Suns as a club. Right now, the Giants have streaked past them. I know injuries have cruelled them, but they haven't built their list as well as the Giants have.

I think it would be a great end to gary's career if he was able to be there for the Suns first finals game, first finals win.

I think it will be a sad regret in some ways, barring the cash he's gotten, if he can't take the Suns to a finals series

The discussion about his inability to over come a shoulder injury nearly a full 2 years since the initial injury is worth having imo.

I thought in this day and age, shoulder recos weren't career limiting...

2 Premierships
2 Brownlows
5 MVP's
8 All Australian's
5 Best & Fairests

What's his finals stats the last 6 years. And win loss % the last 6 years. Since 2011 he's been a background player. Great for supercoach though.

2 Premierships
2 Brownlows
5 MVP's
8 All Australian's
5 Best & Fairests

He really does need to have a good hard look at himself.

What's his finals stats the last 6 years. And win loss % the last 6 years. Since 2011 he's been a background player. Great for supercoach though.
You say background player. I say 2013 Brownlow Medallist.

Who gives a s**t about those things when Ablett can earn a lot of money and do something very historic at a new club.

A premiership medal might look good but that will never pay for a loaf of bread or petrol in his car

Who gives a s**t about those things when Ablett can earn a lot of money and do something very historic at a new club.

A premiership medal might look good but that will never pay for a loaf of bread or petrol in his car

What, oversee a rampant party-boy drugs culture and see them go from being beaten by Geelong by 150 points in 2011 to being beaten by Geelong by 120 points 5 years later. Certainly is historic. It hasn't been the fairy tale GAJ or the AFL envisaged. They haven't climbed up the ladder to become contenders, with GAJ being the champion captain leading the charge. They're a failure, and GAJ has been at the helm. Great player but what a dismal, disappointing five years it has been under his watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back