Preview Port Adelaide vs Lions, Round 7 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually forgot that the game is on sunday and that there will be another session, so I guess Wingard could get up
it wont be the concussion thats the problem, it might be another injury? but i think he will be fine

if any Lions supporters give me flack i just say one thing, 2004
I think we'll get by with 2001,2002,2003 and the fact we were well in to 2004 until we ran out of legs (we were up by a point at half time were't we?), playing that final at the MCG didn't help there. I'd probably mention Polec myself, your most important player and one we could well use.

I think we'll get by with 2001,2002,2003 and the fact we were well in to 2004 until we ran out of legs (we were up by a point at half time were't we?), playing that final at the MCG didn't help there. I'd probably mention Polec myself, your most important player and one we could well use.
you did trade shattock to us

you know we had the wood over Brisbane in that era, i woudl have loved to play in a GF against them in 01,02 or 03 as i think we would have won

If you had been good enough to play in them you would have. Clearly you weren't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As you know, the wood in H&A is very different to Finals. That's why it took you until the 4th edition to knock us over, with an extra day off and a few of our champs battered and bruised before the ball was bounced. Just saying

Talking of the age experience thing I saw this analysis that I thought was interesting the other day:
https://thearcfooty.com/2016/05/02/...16-driven-by-old-campaigners-or-rising-stars/

agegames1.png

agefant2.png

What does it tell me? That GWS are scary. Also that our list profile isnt that bad and if we hold the group together we should be a conteder in a few years

you know we had the wood over Brisbane in that era, i woudl have loved to play in a GF against them in 01,02 or 03 as i think we would have won
Wow, so you were not good enough to make it but you would have won. Could be one of the most unfounded cockiest thing I have ever heard. "We would have beaten what's maybe the greatest team of all time". Delusional.

2001 Round 1 Port
2001 Round 16 Brisbane
2001 Qualifying Final Brisbane
2002 Round 7 Brisbane
2002 Round 22 Port
2002 Preliminary Final Brisbane
2003 Round 2 Brisbane
2003 Round 17 Port

I'm counting 5-3 to us in that era mate, I think you have the wrong definition of the term "wood".

Oh, sorry, I forgot to count that Pre Season Grand Final in 01, I guess that makes it 5-4...

At this point I'd like to say, the chap in the thongs WAS a real person and that did happen.

As you were.

ok, you were better, just put some development into Mayes for the rest of the year will ya

Wo

Would have loved the home prelim in 2004 and like we earnt and we would have won.

I guess now we are remembered as the best team ever - you guys are remembered as suffering the biggest loss in a gf ever mmmm know which I would take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back