TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

So if im on a optus mobile plan 100$/month does that mean i get the epl for free or have to pay extra money for it?

I am an Optus subscriber for both phone and internet and I really don't think it's great.

You might be able to make some cash by selling login details :)

I currently swap foxtel go login details with a friend in exchange for Netflix access. Can only imagine what EPL access would be worth. I'd pay you $20 a month for login access!!

Virgin have a similar thing to foxtel go over in the UK where you get 3 logins per account to watch all the channels in your package.

I might have a crack at borrowing a login from family and watching it through a VPN. I tried to do the exact opposite when I was in the UK on an Australian VPN on Foxtel GO but it didn't work unfortunately (to watch the 3pm games).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have said for years, the Fox Sports package is a great offer. What you get for $50 - $70 a month is world leading. So many sports, the coverage is very good and it's ultra reliable.

All their other crap (movies docos dramas etc) is garbage, but for sport it cannot be beat.

I think most would agree with you but it ends there with foxtel, their "essentials" pack or whatever the hell they call it is garbage and to make people sign up for that just to get the sport is a deal breaker for me, no one in our house would watch any of it, oh and if thats not enough, they slug you extra for HD, no good

My eyes lived with SD for 20 years. HD wouldn't be anywhere near my deal breaker.

But yeah I only watch maybe 10 channels regularly out of 50.

Come to think of it if the beinsport channels are exclusively HD I would be a tad annoyed.

So if im on a optus mobile plan 100$/month does that mean i get the epl for free or have to pay extra money for it?

I think you would get it for free mate, all the news releases have quoted broadband packages upward of $85, I had a look on the optus website and it says that they will release the exact eligible deals on May 15 I think it said but from what everyone is saying, if you have a package $85 and above you should be good to go, I have the $85 phone and broadband bundle so I am thinking that I am good to go as well, its great for people who are current customers and who are going to be eligible but its a real kick in the guts for everyone else

I think most would agree with you but it ends there with foxtel, their "essentials" pack or whatever the hell they call it is garbage and to make people sign up for that just to get the sport is a deal breaker for me, no one in our house would watch any of it, oh and if thats not enough, they slug you extra for HD, no good

You can watch PL under Foxtel for as little as $35 per month on Foxtel Play. And you aren't required to buy a telstra broadband or mobile phone plan. Much better deal for consumers.

Certainly downsides but there's actually not much else like it worldwide where you get such a spread of content. We have four codes of football and you get every game live of AFL, NRL, Super Rugby, A League and EPL.

Add in all the US sports, ESPN, cricket tours, dedicated sports news and Motorsport channels and Sky Racing, you won't find too many services like it.

Nothing is ever perfect but for a $60 package they've done pretty bloody well. Loss of EPL is a blow but I reckon they'll have it back one day - if people refuse this extortion by Optus and let them die on the vine.

Who on earth is going to cancel a phone or Internet contract with an existing provider to watch the EPL when there is no guarantee on the quality of the coverage? Let alone no ability to tape games unless you get Fetch.

The decision to not sell the games as a "Season Pass" on either FOXTEL or on the Internet is surely commercial suicide.

My eyes lived with SD for 20 years. HD wouldn't be anywhere near my deal breaker.

But yeah I only watch maybe 10 channels regularly out of 50.

Come to think of it if the beinsport channels are exclusively HD I would be a tad annoyed.

There aren't any exclusively HD channels on Foxtel, I highly doubt that'll be the case

Who on earth is going to cancel a phone or Internet contract with an existing provider to watch the EPL when there is no guarantee on the quality of the coverage? Let alone no ability to tape games unless you get Fetch.
They have Video on demand so there is no need to record it unless you want pre and post match coverage, thats if they hav that.
Nba game pass $360 12 months
Nhltv $170 12 months
Mlbtv premium $139 12 months
Over 600 buck I pay for those

1020 bucks all for 12 months if you're not an Optus customer for the epl. Seems rich
Mate get a vpn for nba pass next season and get the cheapest on offer, got it for $200 this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back