Training 2016 Season training reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My small training report

Arrived around 10ish to find most out. For the time they were on the ground it mainly consisted of simulated stoppages with a quick free kick given and spread to attack inside 50 (must be pre-empting Suban giving away the free kicks ) all simulations from different areas around 70m out

They then broke out to smaller groups do using on specific areas, with my focus mainly on tanner and tabs getting the inside 50 kicks from croz. Smith had some soft hands and clunked most. At worst he's a big unit and will bring the ball to the ground in a contest - I for one would play him deep for a few weeks.

Other small notes;

- bennell walking laps with no strapping

- couldn't see Clarkes legs / knees with all of his strapping

- Balic out there after the main session doing some small agility and bio mechanic work

- our kicking is largely terrible - all the guys were having shots from the pocket when leaving the track, only bennell kicked it from what I could see

- ubers has a great kick - stayed on the ground post session and was rotating the 50m ark and was hitting them sweet. Love to see him build his tank and get a game second half of the season

- mayne decided to talk for 15+ minutes about 35m out with 2 trainers I assume - wouldn't that time be better used actually kicking for goal. Considering how shite he is from that distance....

- pav looking good, trained indoors mainly

- no sign of sandi, might have been inside

- tabs trained pretty well, his hands are getting softer which is starting to show up on game day

- our skills are largely terrible but I said that already

- RTB didn't take the session but watched on, but may have been more involved before I arrived

No other real standouts, was hoping to see apeness but couldn't spot him

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My small training report

Arrived around 10ish to find most out. For the time they were on the ground it mainly consisted of simulated stoppages with a quick free kick given and spread to attack inside 50 (must be pre-empting Suban giving away the free kicks ) all simulations from different areas around 70m out

They then broke out to smaller groups do using on specific areas, with my focus mainly on tanner and tabs getting the inside 50 kicks from croz. Smith had some soft hands and clunked most. At worst he's a big unit and will bring the ball to the ground in a contest - I for one would play him deep for a few weeks.

Other small notes;

- bennell walking laps with no strapping

- couldn't see Clarkes legs / knees with all of his strapping

- Balic out there after the main session doing some small agility and bio mechanic work

- our kicking is largely terrible - all the guys were having shots from the pocket when leaving the track, only bennell kicked it from what I could see

- ubers has a great kick - stayed on the ground post session and was rotating the 50m ark and was hitting them sweet. Love to see him build his tank and get a game second half of the season

- mayne decided to talk for 15+ minutes about 35m out with 2 trainers I assume - wouldn't that time be better used actually kicking for goal. Considering how shite he is from that distance....

- pav looking good, trained indoors mainly

- no sign of sandi, might have been inside

- tabs trained pretty well, his hands are getting softer which is starting to show up on game day

- our skills are largely terrible but I said that already

- RTB didn't take the session but watched on, but may have been more involved before I arrived

No other real standouts, was hoping to see apeness but couldn't spot him

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure it's above the shoulders with Mayne. He managed to slot that after the siren Cartlon goal when it made no difference to the 4 points. So maybe the talking is what he needs.

Pretty sure it's above the shoulders with Mayne. He managed to slot that after the siren Cartlon goal when it made no difference to the 4 points. So maybe the talking is what he needs.

I reckon Mayne has to forget about the two big sticks and instead just aim for a structure,fan or whatever between the middle of the goals,then try and direct the footy close to his chosen target.

Strong session this morning with Ross jumping on any mistake. Weller,Tabs and Zac D all running laps after stuffing up and if one or the groups .ie Mids etc cocked up it was the commando rolls. Skills good this morning with a good 10 minutes or so in the kicking circle work without a missed kick. Yarran is injured with a calf strain as is Silvagni. Apeness trained well and tackled with a mission. That mission should be this week for Peel. Tanner Smith spent a long time on goal shooting and slotted most of them. Pav the same but missed most of them. Mayne trained well,but he normally does. Hughes worked with the main squad so looks like he is in. Shame about Yarren after such a great start for Peel.

Matt De Boer spent a lot of time working with the ruckmen, read into that what you will.;)

Saw Nat Fyfe driving the big black Lexus into Freo Oval so that means he has almost fully recovered from his surgery. :p

Harley Bennell was walking the boundary whilst doing party tricks with a football. He then practiced snapping goals out of his bum and nailed every kick. Even Ross was smiling as he just blindly drilled them from every angle known to man.:)

Pav came over to sign some gear and got the congratulations from the training watchers who hoped that Lauren was pregnant with a boy, to which Pav replied "I've done my bit, the rest is up to her now.":D

Chris Mayne was great today, really impressive in fact. But that was of course in training where things don't matter. :'(

As Salim mentioned, Silvagni and Yarran have both injured their calves. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt De Boer spent a lot of time working with the ruckmen, read into that what you will.;)
In: DeBoer Out: Clarke, Griffin ?

Saw Nat Fyfe driving the big black Lexus into Freo Oval so that means he has almost fully recovered from his surgery. :p
woo! I wish :'(

Strong session this morning with Ross jumping on any mistake. Weller,Tabs and Zac D all running laps after stuffing up and if one or the groups .ie Mids etc cocked up it was the commando rolls. Skills good this morning with a good 10 minutes or so in the kicking circle work without a missed kick. Yarran is injured with a calf strain as is Silvagni. Apeness trained well and tackled with a mission. That mission should be this week for Peel. Tanner Smith spent a long time on goal shooting and slotted most of them. Pav the same but missed most of them. Mayne trained well,but he normally does. Hughes worked with the main squad so looks like he is in. Shame about Yarren after such a great start for Peel.

Any idea if this is what was keeping Silvagni out for the last couple of weeks or was it definite that it was lingering concussion (he is having an awful run these last two years with every injury imaginable).

I'm prone to a bit of hoodoo mysticism and black magic theory myself.

I was told some first Australian men of high regard did some magic in the late 90s to ensure their favourite purple team finally got the quality big forward they'd needed for years. That man would have a long, highly successful career with the club - despite many logical opportunities to move elsewhere.

The magic payoff was that while this great man was at the club, there would never be another great big forward to battle alongside them. There could of course however be great small forwards and goal kicking midfielders, but never a like for like.

Once the Great big man finally hangs up the boots, the spell is broken and normal logic presumes. More than likely it will become incredibly easy to find a viable replacement.

I guess after everything, it's just so amazing that Zac Dawson has been at the centre of the Dockers biggest ever magic conspiracy.

Is there any word on how long Yarran will be out for salim?

Well I got down to training and the old brigade were all there and the conversation was quite lively . Our on the track has been covered by Harry and Salam .Just a couple of things I noticed was that RTB was very much whistle in mouth , shouting instructions and giving anyone who was not performing to the required level penalties as well has a good talking to ,Ross it would appear is taking the training session more than in previous sessions this year .
Morabito is well and truly over his hamstring problem .Apeness when training late in the session was getting good height jumping for marks in the goal square . Hughes looks to be in great shape .Irish is only doing light work and is only running slowly, he is a long way from playing but he is at least kicking the ball now . Suban ,Ibbo and DeBoer look close to being recalled .Tucker maybe playing for Peel .
Hill very vocal in the match sims. Those thinking that Tanner Smith will get a upgraded will have to wait as he was training with the WAFL guys .He was trying hard to impress RTB with his enthusiasm in the Match sims

I noticed that Tanner was nailing his set shots during goal kicking practice yesterday, however when he switched to snapping the ball over his shoulder, he sprayed them everywhere. I'm sure this is why he hasn't been upgraded as yet.

I noticed that Tanner was nailing his set shots during goal kicking practice yesterday, however when he switched to snapping the ball over his shoulder, he sprayed them everywhere. I'm sure this is why he hasn't been upgraded as yet.
I don't know. A guy on our list that can kick a goal from a set shot. Won me over :)

Pav missed everything from set shots to snaps. They need to get a hold of Harley to give them some lessons.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back