BigFooty Forum

Clint Beastwood
Clint Beastwood
I reckon we were playing better in 07 than in 06, if Judd wasn't injured and Cousins was playing then we would have gone deep into September, maybe even won two in a row :( Kerr was a gun that year.
byebyexenxen
byebyexenxen
I look forward to this year because I want to see what sheed is like and our new coach. Last year we had injuries pretty much all year at different times so we hardly ever had a full strength team much like in 2012 when we were on top of the ladder at the start and were without our forwards pretty much all season. So we have a good team. Will see how we go with less injuries.
Clint Beastwood
Clint Beastwood
I'm really excited! Low expectations as well, but we basically have the same team as 2011/2012 minus Kerr and Embley so we could push up the ladder. Could. Hopefully. Haha
byebyexenxen
byebyexenxen
No wonder we now have the second youngest team in the league haha cos we lost Kerr, Embley, nico and Adam Selwood end of last season. Someone said darling might play a different role this year. I think it was darling. I look forward to the changes this year. Was Simpson a midfielder back then for north Melbourne?
Clint Beastwood
Clint Beastwood
A few people might play different roles, Simmo likes versatility. Darling, Lecras, Yeo and Ellis might play a bit through the middle, I guess we'll have to wait and see :) Exciting stuff. Yeah he was, a very good defensive midfielder.
byebyexenxen
byebyexenxen
Oh I see. How exciting. Don't know much about Yeo or Ellis so I look forward to seeing them play. You would know Yeo though cos he played for Brisbane right?
Clint Beastwood
Clint Beastwood
I don't follow Brisbane that closely, just have a soft spot for them :) As it happens though I do haha, he's from WA, tall, quick defender with good skills and the ability to push through the midfield. Cemented his spot in Brisbane's back line last year. Ellis is similar, but smaller and injury prone.
byebyexenxen
byebyexenxen
Ellis was from Brisbane as well? I think you're cool because you follow other teams not just WCE. I need to stop being so one sided all the time. It gets frustrating as well because I can't enjoy games if I don't know other teams apart from WCE. Always been my problem but I did get to watch and actually enjoyed last year's GF.
Clint Beastwood
Clint Beastwood
No Ellis was from Hawthorn. Thanks Xen :) It's fine to be one sided though. I just like other teams as well, less than the Eagles. I love watching impartial games, it's even better when you're there because you're not emotionally involved in it.
byebyexenxen
byebyexenxen
I went to one game at the MCG and two teams I hated were playing but I went because a friend got me a ticket to go and yeah I had a nice time. It was Geelong vs Essendon I think.
Clint Beastwood
Clint Beastwood
Two big clubs, that would have been awesome, at the MCG too! I've seen a few really good games at the G, one with Collingwood which was a shame because I hate them :( Have you been to Etihad?
byebyexenxen
byebyexenxen
Not yet but this year I am going to Melbourne so I might go this time. Yeah I didn't like Geelong when I went so I wanted Essendon to win but they didn't haha. This was in 2010. The year I gave up on footy though that was at the start of the year so the worst is yet to come for my west coast boys :(.
Clint Beastwood
Clint Beastwood
You gave up on footy? What do you mean the worst is yet to come, stick with them!
byebyexenxen
byebyexenxen
In 2010 I mean haha wce finished last that year. Ok not gave up on footy but was like meh cos I don't remember anything from that year.
Clint Beastwood
Clint Beastwood
2010 wasn't particularly enjoyable, at least lots of young players got a go!
byebyexenxen
byebyexenxen
True! 2011 was a good year though. What you up to today? Done some packing? :p
Clint Beastwood
Clint Beastwood
I'm doing my Dreamteam at the moment haha I really should do some packing, what about you?
byebyexenxen
byebyexenxen
Yes you should. Not long to pack now. Well at least get some done. You won't be able to tonight because of cricket. Speaking of cricket, Tasmania doing well in second innings :( not cool.
Clint Beastwood
Clint Beastwood
I'll listen to the radio while packing ;) Hmmm not good at all, we need a few more wickets, 5 preferably!
byebyexenxen
byebyexenxen
Though we got wickets after I typed that. Well I didn't check score for a while then I saw we got wickets since then so that's not too bad. Bailey did well though so that's good that he is out now.
Back