Remove this Banner Ad

McManus2Waterhouse

Club Legend
Suspended
Jun 14, 2008
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
was in adelaide a couple weeks ago had a huge night and wound up at the blue and white on o connel st

damn i was in all kinds of heaven cant remember much of it had 6 of these giant dim sims and a yiros

the chap that runs it was an absolute legend as well - all class

ive been craving those dim sims ever since ive come back and its breaking my heart

Speaking of AB, does anyone here know which place had it first? I've only started eating it a couple years ago so I don't know the full history of it.

• Banned
yea thats right

thats the thing my mate got
the chap that owned the joint was talking to us for ages about they invented it and the shop down the road ripped it off

It actually originated in Whyalla in the late 80s and was brought over by one of the students at Lincoln College. They asked The Grease to make one for them and the rest is history. At least that's the story I was told when I was living in the college (91-92). Back then it wasn't called an AB (AB is a politically correct shortening of the previous name) and it didn't appear on the menu - it was a specialty order, so you had to be "in the know".

Even so, I'm not aware that there is anywhere in Whyalla where they're still made, so the Blue & White do have a strong claim to be "the home of the AB".

It is absolutely correct that the Red & White ripped it off.

Bonus points to anyone who knows what "AB" actually means and why it is named that. Hmmm, might not be a wise idea to post it on BF though, as it's a bit distasteful.

cant remember but it was either after birth or abortion

Correct answer.

When you open the package, what you see is a mess - chips, yiros meat, garlic sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce. It looks like an abortion (or what you'd expect an abortion to look like) and thus the name was given. Might look awful, but very tasty.

It actually originated in Whyalla in the late 80s and was brought over by one of the students at Lincoln College. They asked The Grease to make one for them and the rest is history. At least that's the story I was told when I was living in the college (91-92). Back then it wasn't called an AB (AB is a politically correct shortening of the previous name) and it didn't appear on the menu - it was a specialty order, so you had to be "in the know".

Even so, I'm not aware that there is anywhere in Whyalla where they're still made, so the Blue & White do have a strong claim to be "the home of the AB".

It is absolutely correct that the Red & White ripped it off.

Bonus points to anyone who knows what "AB" actually means and why it is named that. Hmmm, might not be a wise idea to post it on BF though, as it's a bit distasteful.

What was it called in Whyalla and where was it???? I mean I grew up there and am not familiar with it:confused:

What was it called in Whyalla and where was it???? I mean I grew up there and am not familiar with it:confused:

That much I couldn't tell you. All I know is that the student in question first got one over there (may have actually asked for it to be tailor made, effectively inventing it himself). He subsequently returned to college and started getting them from The Grease, a trend which was followed by all his fellow collegians.

I was at St Ann's at the same time and we always said it was us that invented it.

s**t Vader, we probably know each other.

Havn't had an AB at the Blue and White for a few years.

Is Tony stil in charge?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly is an AB. My mates always say they want to get an AB in the morning when they have a massive hangover.

BTW, I thought it stood for AtomicBomb, obviously I am wrong.

just caned like 4 mussels nad 6 dim sims at tonys

**** love tonys just love es home made dim sims *** know what they are **** i lve them wat legend tony is chucked me some frgree water
racked out a glass a d juser t topped me up some tap wat a legend cant get yenuff tht big tony home mades fuc hes musses wrerent bad eithet but shi claude lovesthe salt i was like ****in jesis cladue gi easy on the salt for once hes like ya i kno yea i kno but thenhe ****in tops the salt up jesus christ i can hardly breathe lucjyu tony gave me free water ors id be dead

**** love tonys just love es home made dim sims *** know what they are **** i lve them wat legend tony is chucked me some frgree water
racked out a glass a d juser t topped me up some tap wat a legend cant get yenuff tht big tony home mades fuc hes musses wrerent bad eithet but shi claude lovesthe salt i was like ****in jesis cladue gi easy on the salt for once hes like ya i kno yea i kno but thenhe ****in tops the salt up jesus christ i can hardly breathe lucjyu tony gave me free water ors id be dead

woot tony :thumbsu:

I was at St Ann's at the same time and we always said it was us that invented it.

s**t Vader, we probably know each other.

Havn't had an AB at the Blue and White for a few years.

Is Tony stil in charge?

I didn't have much to do with the students from St Ann. Stole your bathtub during Swatvac week in 91 but that was about it. The only two St Ann students I knew were Nicole Koundes a friend of hers.

Then again, it's a small world. There's at least one other BF member that I know of who I knew in a previous life almost 20 years ago.

hahaha. Classic.

Although bit concerned here. Your back home at 2:00am in the morning. What the **** is wrong with you?! Thats when the night begins.

What exactly is an AB. My mates always say they want to get an AB in the morning when they have a massive hangover.

BTW, I thought it stood for AtomicBomb, obviously I am wrong.

Abortion.

Consists of a giant mess of chips, yiros meat, garlic sauce, tomoato sauce, bbq or chili sauce. As Vader said, as you can imagine, it looks pretty feral but tastes pretty good. You must set some time aside afterwards as well, as youll be on the shitter for a while.

Know Nicole well. Please don't tell me your name is Matthew?

No, I'm not Matthew Pole. Did laugh when you guys kidnapped him. He might have been the instigator of the tub stealing incident, but the two who actually carried it out were myself and Craig Spencer. Have never run so fast in my life as we did when we did the bolt across Brougham Place with 100 St Ann students on our tail. We were ready for you though, having a large group of Lincolnites armed with water bombs waiting for your arrival once we got back on our home turf.

Been trying to remember the name of Nicole's friend, used to be quite keen on her at the time. From memory her name was Anne, last name starting with Z. She was a music student, studying piano at the Conservatorium (Adelaide Uni).

EDIT: Finally remembered the name.. got part of it right. Katrina Zacher. Wonder what she's up to these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back