RG's Training Report 01/12

Remove this Banner Ad

RichosGuns

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2006
your house
AFL Club
Richmond
Well it's that time of the year were any footy fix is a good footy fix. So i was driving down Punt Road about 1 yesterday and noticed the boys were training, I decided to pop in for a few minutes and ended up staying an hour or so.
Some key points:
* Alot of the young boys were there for what would have probably been there first traning session. I saw Tyrone "Ty" Vickery wearing no.37, Jayden Post in no.8 and Adam "Thomo" Thompson in no.31. I didn't recognise Hislop but I'm pretty sure he wasn't their.

* The ruckman made up one group with mainly Simmo and Vickery contesting with each other. Putt and Graham also did a bit of ruck work.

* The foward group consisting of Morton, Riewoldt, Hughes, Putt, Pattison (trained with the fowards not the rucks all session), Post and Brown. Richo was training with the midfielders.

* Post and Vickery are much smaller then the rest of the players and probably won't play much this year.

* After some light drills and a run Kel Moore, Cotchin, Tambling all went off (this may have been the rehab group). Cotchin has put on weight however he still runs arouund with his natural slunch. A player who I didn't really recognise (who I presume was Sylvester) pulled up soar in a contest and limped off. He latter came back on but then went of with Moore and co.

* Players who weren't training at all include Coughlan, Thurstfield, Conners, Hislop and Gourdis.

* Jordan McMohan was getting absolute flogged, doing alot of fitness and sprint work.

* The midfield boys were doing alot of running and kicking drills. The boys who particully stood out were Deledio, Foley, Jackson and Edwards.

* TT's boy Collins along with Edwards haven't added any weight. They are still very skinny. McGuane look pretty good to, his shoulders are much bigger but he still has chicken legs and is thin in the chest.

*Riewoldt was look pretty lean with Cleve was looking strong - real key position size. He looks like he's added a few cm's too, seemed at least an inch or so taller then Jack. Angus Graham looks really big too.

* Bowden and Johnson have lost a bit of weight to probably increase their speed and endurance.

* Adam Pattison is now an absolute monster. He looked massive.

* Chuck $10 on Richo and Deledio to place/win the brownlow this year. Richo was looking very impressive, he trained with the mids all session and was hitting some very nice lace out passess.

* Some of the drills were pretty lethargic with the boys having to be called in quite a few times to be "motivated" to get it right.

*Newmo was still in no.1 and Sugar was still in no.17

* No tackling drills occured

* All the boys were looking very good overhead. Ty, Patto and Jack being the standouts. Morton was struggling overhead

* Motivation for the boys was very high. Alot of talking and reving up was done by the players and coaches.

* Graham Polak trained the full session and looked pretty good. As far as I could see he wasn't limited in any of the drills that were done. Although no real heavy contact done during the drills

* A couple of blokes who I didn't recognise were doing alot of repeat sprint drills and were closely monitored. I'm pretty sure these were a couple of young kids were training with us to be rookied or picked up in the PSD. I didn't recognise either of them but I hear Kade Klemke is training with us so one of them might be him. Andrew Brown is also meant to be training with us but I would have noticed him (he's 200cm 100kg). One of the blokes was pasty white with blonde hair (i intially though he was Morton) and the other bloke had dark hair

No photo's so guys, but if you have any questions, just post em' here

Good report ChosGuns :thumbsu: I'm getting sick of all this to-ing and fro-ing over the draft and specifically our drafting. Good to hear some actual footy news

P.S. I will be outlaying a few bob on Lids and Cotchy for the Brownlow for the next decade or so ;)

Now this is exactly why I "waste" valuable work time checking on Big Footy in the off-season.
Excellent update RG. :thumbsu:

Makes a pleasant change from all of the Ben Cousins and Draft discussion...

Thanks for the write up. Really good to hear.

The most pleasing thing for me was Cleve Hughes. I've got really high hopes of him this year. Although i get shot down for having that thought.

Polak, its always good to hear positive news on him.

Good to see the new fellas in there training early. Getting a taste of it.

It is in the topic its about training, na im just pissed off because i cant go watch my team train. Does it really matter who cheaks out your training seriously, It not like were doing set plays that were gonig to do during the season:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best Post I've read in ages , well done Richos Guns. Surprised to hear Andy Collins hasn't beefed up a bit , I think you'll fiind he trains in the number 12 RG. You might of thought he was Richo

about the young blokes who you didnt' recognise.

i've been trying to gather info about who's been training with us also. from reading a number of different richmond boards, a few names have come up.

kade klemke we already know.

Justin Van Unen (Oakleigh Chargers) - could be the pasty white kid with blonde hair
http://www.pocc.com.au/downloads/Justin-Van-Unen-Article.pdf

Tom simpkin (geelong falcons) - could be the kid with dark hair.
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2008/11/20/32461_geelong_sports.html

simpkin's youtube highlights look good.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=P6VKDf1ct3A

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=P6VKDf1ct3A

Remove this Banner Ad

Back