RG's Training Report 01/12

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anybody know if Tim Simpkin is training with us watched his video looks like a good kid.

OER training report from today, another good read on top of RGs.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=2565.msg121188#msg121188

In this link when the guy is talking about the pictures and he says "I can't put a name to the face of the solid kid third from the right" in the third picture, can someone tell him or post it that it is Bryn Weadon the over aged player from the North Ballarat Rebels. I don't have a log in for the website and CBF setting one up.

Bryn is an older ager player as he was injured for the past couple of years. He is a well built medium defender. He rebounds really well from the backline and has a huge kick on him. He is very much a link player who tested very well at the state screenings including (i think) second in the best test with about 14.6 from memory, happy to b proven wrong. If any more info is required just ask.

In this link when the guy is talking about the pictures and he says "I can't put a name to the face of the solid kid third from the right" in the third picture, can someone tell him or post it that it is Bryn Weadon the over aged player from the North Ballarat Rebels. I don't have a log in for the website and CBF setting one up.

Bryn is an older ager player as he was injured for the past couple of years. He is a well built medium defender. He rebounds really well from the backline and has a huge kick on him. He is very much a link player who tested very well at the state screenings including (i think) second in the best test with about 14.6 from memory, happy to b proven wrong. If any more info is required just ask.

cheers mate, will do that

Before you all bite my head off, no i'm not looking for trouble or here to bad mouth the tiges.

Just wanted to give you info on a future players of yours.

In the link with the training pics the guys says i won't name this kid who comes from another sporting background......but i will.

His name is Pat Nicholls. massive kid just 18 or 19. tennis background was supposed to go pro very early age and was aussie tennis's next best thing but tennis injuries closed that window. played this year at St Bedes Mentone in A section amateurs, who the grand final for the third straight year rising through the ranks, and he starred all year on bigger bodies and wiser heads.

Hopefully you guys pick him up as a rookie, would flourish at AFL level. they call him 'buddy'. has the same attributes. very tall lanky left footy with pace and alot of skill and flair....

good luck to you guys.

Before you all bite my head off, no i'm not looking for trouble or here to bad mouth the tiges.

In the link with the training pics the guys says i won't name this kid who comes from another sporting background......but i will.

His name is Pat Nicholls. massive kid just 18 or 19. tennis background was supposed to go pro very early age and was aussie tennis's next best thing but tennis injuries closed that window. played this year at St Bedes Mentone in A section amateurs, who the grand final for the third straight year rising through the ranks, and he starred all year on bigger bodies and wiser heads.

Hopefully you guys pick him up as a rookie, would flourish at AFL level. they call him 'buddy'. has the same attributes. very tall lanky left footy with pace and alot of skill and flair....

good luck to you guys.

Thanks mate. Always good to hear. No head biting for that input.

BTW - could you sucker punch HAWKER44 if you ever meet him.

Thanks for the info, ITSMYNAME. Interesting stuff. :thumbsu:

Does anyone know how Clayton Collard is going at training?

He's not. On the Ocean Grove return test for the players he absolutely flopped and returned very unfit and so we told him not to return and subsequently delisted him shortly after.

good luck to you guys.

looks like he got a gig at the sandy dragons:

played 6 games in 2007 with Sandy Dragons, stats were not buddy like. ;)

Players permitted to train with Richmond: Andrew Browne (Murray Bushrangers), David Gourdis (Richmond), Kade Klemke (Murray Bushrangers), Nick Liddle (Coburg), Patrick Nicholls (St Bedes), Matt Suckling (Sandringham Dragons), Justin Van Unen (Oakleigh Chargers), Bryn Weadon (North Ballarat)

http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=70706

danny meyer was listed as traing with Port.

Alot of names mentioned to be training with us are not on that list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went, but didn't pay enough attention to be able to give an overly comprehensive run down.

First thing I noticed was that the reports saying Graham Polak can't see below his knees etc are a load of shit. He took a couple of marks from right off his toes, and his skills seemed fine. Was left out once the drills started getting remotely physical/tight though.

Angus Graham is the biggest man I have ever seen.

Brett Deledio, Matt White, and Nathan Foley are incredibly fast.

Jack Riewoldt can kick a big torpedo.

We are going places.

Why the **** did you quote that post when it was irrelevant to what you said?

And I did pay attention. But it's hard to notice every single player and how they are going. You can't tell who's fit and who's not from little handball drills.

And I was busy showing off my skills to the recruiting managers whose eyes I no doubt caught whilst kicking the footy on the hill over the other side of where everyone was.

Players permitted to train with Richmond: Andrew Browne (Murray Bushrangers), David Gourdis (Richmond), Kade Klemke (Murray Bushrangers), Nick Liddle (Coburg), Patrick Nicholls (St Bedes), Matt Suckling (Sandringham Dragons), Justin Van Unen (Oakleigh Chargers), Bryn Weadon (North Ballarat)

http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=70706

danny meyer was listed as traing with Port.

Alot of names mentioned to be training with us are not on that list

Fair enough, Fishy. I wouldn't know, I've never been to a training session/XMAS training night.

How is that for confusing....

lol i wish cousins was there

It was good to see the boys train, even though it was piss pouring

Thomson really impressed me, he looks quite big, i actually though it was cousins for like a split second!:eek:

Fair enough, Fishy. I wouldn't know, I've never been to a training session/XMAS training night.

How is that for confusing....

leave me out of this Sante! I just shaved my head today so I'm feeling pretty tough right now.

I went yesterday and there wasn't a lot to draw any decent conclusions from. However:
- Gus is massive, but too bad he is a lousy footballer
- Thomson's skills were 100% for what I saw. Some nice daisy cutters, and his handballing is sublime.
- JON is a dud.
- Vickery looked at ease, but Post made several errors, which resulted in push ups.
- Kicking skills overall were pretty impressive given the conditions, however as always when they did pressure drills they fell to pieces.
- Hughes is a friggen monster. Unclear what type of monster at this stage for he was hot and cold.

I went yesterday and there wasn't a lot to draw any decent conclusions from. However:
- Gus is massive, but too bad he is a lousy footballer
- Thomson's skills were 100% for what I saw. Some nice daisy cutters, and his handballing is sublime.
- JON is a dud.
- Vickery looked at ease, but Post made several errors, which resulted in push ups.
- Kicking skills overall were pretty impressive given the conditions, however as always when they did pressure drills they fell to pieces.
- Hughes is a friggen monster. Unclear what type of monster at this stage for he was hot and cold.

- Thomson did look very good, much more impressive than Hislop.
- Coughlan looked good, Didn't seem restricted at all. Is a bit lighter but still looked solid
- McGuane looked like he had put on some muscle as did Edwards.

overall the players who impressed me most where Riewoldt, Thompson, Coughlan, Edwards, Hughes and Raines.

Would have been good to see Connors and Cotchin train but it appeared they were on meet and greet duties.

Collins is still very small. I almost thought he was a "rookie hopeful" training with us because of his lack of definition in his body.

Anyone else have any thoughts or chats with the players on Friday that they want to share?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back