Abbott: "Warmer when Jesus was a boy"

Remove this Banner Ad

shiznit

Draftee
Suspended
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
You really think that is an argument for global warming? That's just embarrassing.

No, but the fact that the last four decades have been consecutively warmer is a rather strong indication of global warming. The last decade certainly puts to rest the "no warming since X year" meme once and for all.

Poptech

Cancelled
May 23, 2010
USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In your dreams

Rebuttal to "Poptart’s 450 climate change Denier lies"

1. Greenfyre titles his post with a childish ad hominem attack of calling skeptics "deniers". This is a typical propaganda tactic to try and associate skeptics with holocaust deniers. It is a desperate attempt to move the argument away from the science and instead try to silence the skeptics through ridicule. This tactic was popularized by Ellen Goodman in the Boston Globe,

"Let's just say that global warming deniers are now on a par with Holocaust deniers" - Ellen Goodman, Boston Globe, 2007

Global Warming Denial = Holocaust Denial? (FrontPage Magazine)
Global warming: the chilling effect on free speech (Spiked, UK)
Global Warming Ad Hominem Attacks Show Alarmist Believers' Desperation (The Heartland Institute)

2. Greenfyre starts off repeating the same lies that I have already refuted,

Lie - not peer reviewed, and/or.
Truth - He fails to support this statement. Every paper and journal is peer-reviewed.

Lie - known to be false, and/or.
Truth - He fails to support this statement. None of the papers are known to be false.

Lie - irrelevant, and/or.
Truth - He fails to support this statement. None of the papers are irrelevant.

Lie - Out of date (no longer relevant), and/or.
Truth - He fails to support this statement. The age of any scientific paper is irrelevant.

Lie - not supportive of climate change Denial.
Truth - This is a strawman argument and a typical ad hominem attack [1]. All of the papers support skepticism of man-made global warming or the economic or environmental effects of.

3. Greenfyre repeats the same lie about Dr. Pielke Jr. pulling papers off the list. This is impossible since Dr. Pielke Jr. never submitted any papers to the list. The list is a resource of peer-reviewed papers that support skepticism of "man-made" global warming or the environmental or economic effects of. Dr. Pielke Jr. wrongly assumed the list claimed all the papers "refuted" global warming. Nothing could be further from the truth as many of the papers are supporting evidence contrary to the alarmist positions of alleged catastrophic effects of man-made global warming. Most of Dr. Pielke Jr's papers fit into this category and support skepticism of "alarmism". In the comments to his blog post, the readers of his blog were surprised Dr. Pielke Jr. does not consider himself a "skeptic" as so much of what he writes challenges the alarmist orthodoxy. I share these readers sentiments but was well aware of his outspoken verbal position on where he stands and made no attempt to apply a certain position to him or any of the authors of the papers on the list. This is again stated in the note: "The inclusion of a paper in this list does not imply a specific position to any of the authors". I suspect Dr. Pielke Jr. received a hysterical email from an alarmist which clearly backfired. Regardless I clarified this in the comments of his blog post of which Dr. Pielke Jr. accepted as an explanation.

4. Greenfyre deceptively takes a comment I made out of context. In a reply I made to a comment in Greenfyre's blog about Dr. Pielke Jr.'s alleged [blogs.nature.com] comment quoted on Wikipedia about the journal Energy & Environment not being in the multi-billion dollar Thomson Reuters corporation's commercial ISI database, "…On our Energy and Environment paper from 1999, had we known then how that outlet would evolve beyond 1999 we certainly wouldn’t have published there. The journal is not carried in the ISI and thus its papers rarely cited. (Then we thought it soon would be.)"

...I said, "I hardly consider a blog comment by Pielke (if that is him) to be substantial."

I was refering to Dr. Pielke Jr's comment quoted on Wikipedia. First of all there is no way to verify who a blog comment is from. Second, the ISI (Institute for Scientific Information) is owned by the multi-billion dollar Thomson Reuters corporation and offers commercial database services similar to other companies services such EBSCO's "Academic Search" and Elsevier's "Scopus". So his opinion of something being included or not in the ISI is irrelevant to a journal being peer-reviewed. This had nothing to do with what Greenfyre implies my comment was about - that I was talking about Dr. Pielke Jr's discussion of the "450 Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skepticism of "Man-Made" Global Warming" list. Greenfyre thus widely distorted what I was saying for propaganda purposes and shows he is so bad at analysis that he cannot even follow comment discussions in his own blog.

5. Greenfyre lies that I did not address Dr. Pielke Jr's statements. I directly addressed his statements on his own blog and corrected the misinterpretation he had of the list, of which he accepted.

6. Greenfyre lies that I shifted the definition of the list. I did no such thing, the list has always stated - "The following papers support skepticism of "man-made" global warming or the environmental or economic effects of".

7. Greenfyre lies that I will not remove papers off the list that do not belong. Actually I have removed papers off the list before reaching 450 during a quality control check. I have no problem making corrections but first it has to be demonstrated that they do not support skepticism of "man-made" global warming or the environmental or economic effects of. Something Greenfyre has failed to do.

8. Greenfyre lies that Energy & Environment is not Peer-Reviewed. Again he links to the multi-billion dollar Thompson Reuters corporation's commercial Master Journal List, implying that only journals on this list are peer-reviewed. This is absurd as anything listed there is purely subjective. Other competing companies clearly list E&E as a peer-reviewed academic journal,

EBSCO Publishing lists Energy & Environment as a Peer-Reviewed Academic Journal (PDF)

EBSCO has been around for over 60 years and their services are used by colleges, universities, hospitals, medical institutions, government institutions and public libraries.

"E&E, by the way, is peer reviewed" - Tom Wigley, Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)

It is explicitly stated in their mission statement,

"Regular issues include submitted and invited papers that are rigorously peer reviewed."

9. Greenfyre attempts to smear the process by which EBSCO identifies a journal as peer-reviewed. EBSCO clearly mentions ALL the methods they use to determine if a journal is peer-reviewed. Greenfyre implies that they just take the word of the journal itself, which is a lie. Ironically he criticizes the very process that journals appear on the multi-billion dollar Thompson Reuters corporation's commercial Master Journal List - internal editors.

10. Greenfyre lies that the Scopus listing implies that E&E is not peer-reviewed. Scopus incorrectly lists E&E as a "trade journal" while EBSCO correctly lists it as an academic journal. E&E is not associated with any specific "trade" such as "chemical engineering" and it fails to match their criteria for defining a "trade journal",

Coverage of Source Types (Scopus)

1. "Trade Journal: a serial publication covering and intended to reach a specific industry, trade or type of business."

Fail - E&E is not targeted at any specific industry, trade or business. It is explicitly stated that it is an interdisciplinary journal,

interdisciplinary (defined) - "involving two or more academic, scientific, or artistic disciplines."

2."Characteristics: usually a glossy magazine type of periodical with articles on topical subjects,"

Fail - E&E is not a glossy magazine type of periodical.

3. "many news items and advertisements that will appeal to those in the field."

Fail - E&E has no advertisements and does not appeal to any field.

4. "Trade Journals are seldom refereed"

Fail - E&E is refereed. The word "seldom" implies some are, thus a trade journal listing does not mean it cannot be peer-reviewed.

5. "...and do not always have an editorial board."

Fail - E&E has an editorial board.

6. "Abstracts are usually short or non-existent, and few or no references are given."

Fail - E&E abstracts are average length and extensive references are given. Examples,

A 2000-year global temperature reconstruction based on non-treering proxies (PDF)
(Energy & Environment, Volume 18, Numbers 7-8, pp. 1049-1058, December 2007)
- Craig Loehle

Corrections to the Mann et al (1998) Proxy Data Base and Northern Hemisphere Average Temperature Series (PDF)
(Energy & Environment, Volume 14, Number 6, pp. 751-771, November 2003)
- Stephen McIntyre, Ross McKitrick

The M&M Critique of the MBH98 Northern Hemisphere Climate Index: Update and Implications (PDF)
(Energy & Environment, Volume 16, Number 1, pp. 69-100, January 2005)
- Stephen McIntyre, Ross McKitrick

7. Finally it is stated, "Trade journals are included in Scopus because users and librarians consider selected articles to be scientifically relevant." Clearly Scopus editors choose to include E&E due to the scientific relevance of some of it's articles, this is contrary to the claims made by it's critics.

11. Greenfyre lies that because the peer-review process is not mentioned on E&E's website it is not peer-reviewed. This is absurd as I have personally spoken to the editor Sonja Boehmer-Christiansen and various authors of papers to confirm that E&E is peer-reviewed and challenged Greenfyre to do the same, something he has never done.

12. Greenfyre attempts to smear Sonja Boehmer-Christiansen by taking quotes she said out of context. Dr. Boehmer-Christiansen has simply admitted to allowing papers a chance to undergo E&E's peer-review process where they may have been arbitrarily rejected from this chance by the editors of other journals. This in no way means that they are published without review. The full context of her quote,

"My political agenda is simple and open; it concerns the role of research ambitions in the making of policy.

I concluded from a research project about the IPCC - funded by the UK government during the mid 1990s - that this body was set up to support, initially, climate change research projects supported by the WMO and hence the rapidly evolving art and science of climate modeling. A little later the IPCC came to serve an intergovernmental treaty, the 1992 UN Framework Convention on Climate Change. This enshrines in law that future climate change would be warming caused by greenhouse gases (this remains debated), is man-made (to what an extend remains debated) as well as dangerous (remains debated). It became a task of the IPCC government selected and government funded, to support the theory that this man-made warming would be dangerous rather than beneficial, as some argue.

The solutions to this assumed problem were worked out by IPCC working group three, which worked largely independently of the science working group one and consisted primarily of parties interested in a 'green' energy agenda, including people from environment agencies, NGOs and environmental economics. This group supplied the science group with emission scenarios that have been widely criticized and which certainly enhanced the 'danger'. From interviews and my own reading I concluded that the climate science debate WAS BY NO MEANS OVER AND SHOULD CONTINUE. However, when I noticed that scientific critics of the IPCC science working group were increasingly side-lined and had difficulties being published - when offered the editorship of E&E, I decided to continue publishing 'climate skeptics' and document the politics associated with the science debate. The implications for energy policy and technology are obvious.

I myself have argued the cause of climate 'realism' - I am a geomorphologist by academic training before switching to environmental international relations - but do so on more the basis of political rather than science-based arguments. As far as the science of climate change is concerned, I would describe myself as agnostic.

In my opinion the global climate research enterprise must be considered as an independent political actor in environmental politics. I have widely published on this subject myself, and my own research conclusions have influenced my editorial policy. I also rely on an excellent and most helpful editorial board which includes a number of experienced scientists. Several of the most respected 'climate skeptics' regularly peer-review IPCC critical papers I publish."

- Dr. Sonja Boehmer-Christiansen, Editor, Energy & Environment

Then of course she admits E&E is not a pure science journal, which it never claimed to be but rather an interdisciplinary academic journal that allows debate on topics that cross the natural and social sciences and have policy implications. Thus papers published will include both pure science, social science and a mix of both. This is effectively stated on their webpage,

"Energy and Environment is an interdisciplinary journal aimed at natural scientists, technologists and the international social science and policy communities covering the direct and indirect environmental impacts of energy acquisition, transport, production and use. A particular objective is to cover the social, economic and political dimensions of such issues at local, national and international level. The technological and scientific aspects of energy and environment questions including energy conservation, and the interaction of energy forms and systems with the physical environment, are covered, including the relationship of such questions to wider economic and socio-political issues. A major aim of Energy and Environment is to act as a forum for constructive and professional debate between scientists and technologists, social scientists and economists from academia, government and the energy industries on energy and environment issues in both a national and international context. It is also the aim to include the informed and environmentally concerned public and their organizations in the debate."

13. Greenfyre further attempts to smear E&E by using HuangFeng's so called "analysis". While I agreed that the online labeling of some of E&E's papers was inconsistent (it is now being corrected), this does not prove a paper was not subject to the peer-review process. I pointed out to Huang multiple times that most journals including the popular journals Nature and Science do not designate which articles are peer-reviewed or not. Using Huang's standards Nature and Science should be removed as peer-reviewed journals for failure to disclose which articles are peer-reviewed or not.

14. Greenfyre cherry picks the most theoretically extreme paper in the list. The solar paper by Dr. Manuel is in no way a common skeptical position and only represents 0.2% of the list. Regardless the paper clearly is supporting skepticism of "man-made" global warming, which is why it is included. Greenfyre is under the misconception that the list is supposed to be a singular argument when nothing could be further from the truth. The list is a reference to ALL the arguments supporting skepticism of "man-made" global warming or the environmental or economic effects of.

15. Greenfyre lies that there are duplicate papers on the list counted twice. He dishonestly quotes a commenter (J. Smith) from his previously discredited post while conveniently ignoring my reply,

"That was a typo and corrected but irrelevant as none of the responses were counted in the peer-reviewed paper count and there are many more listings than the 450 papers (actually there are more than 450 papers, this is intentional)."

At anytime he or anyone else could have counted the list to see this is not true but this was never done. I even pointed this lie out to him again and he still has not corrected it.

16. Greenfyre lies that corrections to papers are counted. He dishonestly quotes a commenter (Marco) from his previously discredited post while again conveniently ignoring my reply,

"Marco, try reading the note:

Notes – The papers support skepticism of “man-made” global warming or the environmental or economic effects of. Comments, Corrections, Erratum, Replies, Responses and Submitted papers are not included in the peer-reviewed paper count.

There is no double counting! There are many more listings then the 450 papers."

At anytime he or anyone else could have counted the list to see this is not true but this was never done. Again I pointed this lie out to him and he still has not corrected it.

Conclusion = Greenfyre is Completely Refuted

Poptech

Cancelled
May 23, 2010
USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The purpose of the list is to provide a resource for the skeptical arguments being made in peer-reviewed journals and to demonstrate the existence of these papers. It is not supposed to be a single argument but rather a resource for all of them.

Independent scientists are not collectivist group thinkers and thus come to different conclusions about the details but there is one conclusion supported by all the skeptical scientists - there is no cause for alarm.

shiznit

Draftee
Suspended
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Wow. A real life Blog Scientist! Awesome! Is it true you guys wear your underwear on the outside?

Poptech

Cancelled
May 23, 2010
USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wow. A real life Blog Scientist! Awesome! Is it true you guys wear your underwear on the outside?
I am a computer scientist but I will provide you with some skeptical scientists you can refer to,

A. Alan Moghissi, Ph.D. Physical Chemistry, Former Director, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Bioenvironmental Division, USA
Adriano Mazzarella, Ph.D. Professor of Earth Sciences, University of Naples, Italy
Aksel C. Wiin-Nielsen, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Geophysical Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Albrecht Glatzle, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Agricultural Biology, University of Hohenheim, Germany
Alexander Gumen, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Environmental Geology and Geophysics, University of Gomel, Russia
Alfred H. Pekarek, Ph.D. Professor of Earth and Atmospheric Science, St. Cloud State University, USA
Allan M.R. MacRae, B.Sc., M.Eng., P.Eng, Canada
Allen Simmons, BSEE, Former Computer Modeler and Weather Satellite Engineer, NASA, USA
Alois Haas, Ph.D. D.Sc. Professor Emeritus of Chemistry, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Amy Kaleita, Ph.D. Professor of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Iowa State University, USA
Andreas Prokoph, Ph.D. Professor of Earth Science, University of Ottawa, Canada
Andrei Kapitsa, Ph.D. Professor of Geography, Moscow State Lomonosov University, Russia
Anthony R. Lupo, Ph.D. Professor of Atmospheric Science, University of Missouri, USA
Antonino Zichichi, Ph.D. President of the World Federation of Scientists, Italy
Arun D Ahluwalia, Ph.D. Professor of Geology, Panjab University, India
Arthur B. Robinson, Ph.D. BioChemistry (Caltech), Former Professor of Chemistry, University of California San Diego, Professor of Chemistry, Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, USA
Arthur G. Anderson, Ph.D. Physics, USA
Arthur V. Douglas, Ph.D. Professor of Atmospheric Science, Creighton University, USA
Arthur Rorsch, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Molecular Genetics, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Atholl Sutherland Brown, Ph.D. Geology, Former Chief Geologist of the British Columbia Geological Survey, Canada
Ben Herman, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Atmospheric Science, University of Arizona, USA
Benjamin D. Pearson, B.S. Physics, USA
Bill Collins, Ph.D. Professor of Earth Science, James Cook University, Australia
Bjarne Andresen, Ph.D. Theoretical Chemistry, Professor of Physics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Bob Durrenberger, Retired Climatologist, Former President of the American Association of State Climatologists, USA
Boris Winterhalter, Ph.D. Professor of Marine Geology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Brian G. Valentine, Ph.D. Chemical Scientist, U.S. Department of Energy, USA
Brian Pratt, Ph.D. Professor of Sedimentology and Paleontology, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Bruce Borders, Ph.D. Professor of Forest Biometrics, Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, University of Georgia, USA
Bruce N. Ames, Ph.D. Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Bruno Wiskel, B.Sc. Geology, Canada
Bryan Leyland, M.Sc. Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, New Zealand
Burt Rutan, B.S. Aeronautical Engineering, D.Sc. (honoris causa), USA
Carl Johan Friedrich (Frits) Böttcher, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Physical Chemistry, University of Leiden, The Netherlands
Charles Gelman, B.S. Chemistry, M.S. Health Science, USA
Charles Hammons, Ph.D. Applied Mathematics, Software Engineer, USA
Charles R. Anderson, Ph.D. Physics, USA
Chris de Freitas, Ph.D. Professor of Environmental Science, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Christiaan Frans van Sumere, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry, University of Gent, Belgium
Christoph C. Borel, Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, USA
Christopher Essex, Ph.D. Professor of Applied Mathematics, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Christopher Landsea, Ph.D. Atmospheric Science, USA
Claude Allegre, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Earth Science, University Paris, France
Cliff Ollier, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Earth and Geographical Science, University of Western Australia, Australia
Clinton H. Sheehan, Ph.D. Professor of Physics, Ouachita Baptist University, USA
Colin Barton, Ph.D. Earth Science, Australia
Craig D. Idso, M.S. Agronomy, Ph.D. Geography, Chairman, Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, USA
Craig Loehle, Ph.D. Mathematical Ecology, Principal Scientist, National Council for Air and Stream Improvement (NCASI), USA
Dan Carruthers, M.Sc. Wildlife Biology Consultant, Animal Ecology in Arctic and Subarctic Regions Specialist, Canada
Daniel B. Botkin, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Ecology and Marine Biology, University of California, USA
David Deming, Ph.D. Professor of Geology and Geophysics, University of Oklahoma, USA
David E. Wojick, Ph.D. Mathematical Logic, USA
David Evans, B.E. Electrical Engineering, B.Sc. Applied Mathematics and Physics, M.A. Applied Mathematics, M.S. Electrical Engineering, M.S. Statistics, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Carbon Accounting Modeller, Australia
David G. Aubrey, B.S. Geological Science, Ph.D. Oceanography, USA
David G. Gee, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Earth Sciences, Uppsala Universitet, Sweden
David Gray, Ph.D. Professor of Engineering, Messiah College, USA
David H. Douglass, Ph.D. Professor of Physics, University of Rochester, USA
David J. Ameling, B.A. Physics, USA
David J. Bellamy, B.Sc. Ph.D. C.Biol. FIBiol. Professor of Botany, Nottingham University, UK
David Kear, Ph.D. Geology, New Zealand
David L. Hill, Ph.D. Physics, USA
David Nowell, M.Sc. Meteorology, Royal Meteorological Society, Canada
David R. Legates, Ph.D. Climatology, Professor of Geography, University of Delaware College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment, Former director of the Center for Climatic Research, University of Delaware, Delaware State Climatologist, USA
David R. B. Stockwell, Ph.D. Ecosystem Dynamics, Research Scientist, National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis, USA
Dick Thoenes, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
Don J. Easterbrook, Ph.D. Professor of Environmental Geology, Western Washington University, USA
Don Parkes, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Geography, University of Newcastle, Australia
Donald G. Baker, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Soil, Water & Climate, University of Minnesota, USA
Donn Dears, B.S. Engineering, USA
Doug L. Hoffman, Ph.D. Computer Science, Environmental Modeler, USA
Douglas V. Hoyt, Retired Solar Physicist and Climatologist, USA
Duncan Wingham, Ph.D. Professor of Climate Physics, University College London, UK
Eckhard Grimmel, Ph.D. Professor of Geography, University of Hamburg, Germany
Eduardo Tonni, Ph.D. Professor of Paleontology, University of La Plata, Argentina
Edward F. Blick, Ph.D. Professor of Meteorology, University of Oklahoma, USA
Edward Wegman, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Computational Statistics, George Mason University, USA
Edwin X. Berry, Ph.D. Atmospheric Physics, AMS, CCM, USA
Eigil Friis-Christensen, Ph.D. Geophysics, Director of the Danish National Space Center, Denmark
Eric S. Posmentier, Professor of Earth Science, Dartmouth, USA
Ernst-Georg Beck, B.A. M.A. Biology, Germany
Eugene N. Parker, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Astronomy and Astrophysics, University of Chicago, USA
Everett Burts, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Biological Science, Washington State University, USA
F. James Cripwell, B.A. Natural Science (Honours Physics), Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, UK
Ferenc Miskolczi, Atmospheric Physicist, Hungary
Franco Battaglia, Ph.D. Professor of Chemical Physics and Environmental Chemistry, University of Modena, Italy
Fred Goldberg, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Sweden
Frederick A. Michel, Ph.D. Professor of Earth Science, Carlton Universityy, Canada
Fred W. Decker, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Atmospheric Science, Oregon State University, USA
Freeman Dyson, Professor Emeritus of Physics, Princeton University, Lorentz Medal 1966, Max Planck Medal 1969, USA
Gabriel T. Csanady, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Australia
Garth W. Paltridge, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Antarctic and Southern Ocean Studies, University of Tasmania, Australia
Gary D. Sharp, Ph.D. Marine Biology, USA
Gary Novak, M.S. Microbiology, USA
Geoff L. Austin, Ph.D. Professor of Physics, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Geoffrey G. Duffy, Ph.D. Professor of Chemical Engineering, University of Auckland, New Zealand
George E. McVehil, B.A. Physics, M.S. Ph.D. Meteorology, USA
George E. Smith, B.Sc. Physics and Mathematics, Lecturer, University of Auckland, Australia
George H. Taylor, State Climatologist of Oregon, Professor of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences, Oregon State University, USA
George Kukla, Special Research Scientist of Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University, USA
George V. Chilingarian, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Environmental Engineering, University of Southern California , USA
George Wilhelm Stroke, Ph.D. Physics, France
Gerd-Rainer Weber, M.Sc. Atmospheric Science, Ph.D. Meteorology, Germany
Gerhard Gerlich, Ph.D. Professor of Mathematical Physics, Technical University Carolo-Wilhelmina, Germany
Gerrit J. van der Lingen, Ph.D. Geology and Paleontology, New Zealand
Glenn E. Shaw, Professor Emeritus of Atmospheric Physics, University of Alaska, USA
Göran Ahlgren, Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, Sweden
Gordon E. Swaters, Ph.D. Professor of Applied Mathematics and Physical Oceanography, University of Alberta, Canada
Gordon J. Fulks, Ph.D. Physics, USA
Graham Smith, Professor of Geography, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Guy LeBlanc Smith, Ph.D. Geology, Australia
H. Grant (H.G.) Goodell, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Environmental Science, University of Virginia, USA
H. Leighton Steward, M.S. Geology, USA
Habibullo Abdussamatov, D.Sc. Head of the Space Research Laboratory of the Pulkovo Observatory, Russia
Hajo Smit, M.S. Environmental Science, Former Member, Dutch IPCC committee, The Netherlands
Hal W. Lewis, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
Hans Erren, B.Sc. Geology and Physics, M.Sc. Geophysics, The Netherlands
Hans Jelbring, Ph.D. Climatology, Sweden
Hans Schreuder, Analytical Chemist, UK
Harrison H. (Jack) Schmitt, Ph.D. Geology, Former NASA Astronaut, Adjunct Professor of Engineering Physics, University of Wisconsin–Madison, USA
Harry A. Taylor, Jr., Former Research Scientist, NASA Goddard
Space Flight Center, USA
Harry N.A. Priem, Professor Emeritus of Isotope and Planetary Geology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Hartwig Volz, Geophysicist, RWE Research Lab, Germany
Heinz Hug, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Organic Chemistry and Analytical Chemistry, University of Mainz, Germany
Hendrik Tennekes, Former Director of Research, Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute, The Netherlands
Henrik Svensmark, Ph.D. Director of the Center for Sun-Climate Research, Danish National Space Center, Denmark
Howard C. Hayden, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Physics, University of Connecticut, USA
Howard Maccabee, Ph.D. Biophysics, USA
Hugh W. Ellsaesser, Ph.D. Meteorology, USA
Ian Bock, Ph.D. D.Sc. Biological Science, Denmark
Ian D. Clark, Ph.D. Professor of Earth Science, University of Ottawa, Canada
Ian R. Plimer, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Earth Sciences, University of Melbourne, Australia
Indur M. Goklany, Ph.D. Science and Policy Analyst, U.S. Department of the Interior, Former Principal Author, IPCC, USA
Ivar Giaever, Ph.D. Physics, Nobel Prize in Physics 1973, Norway
J. Floor Anthoni, Ph.D. Computer Science, New Zealand
J. Scott Armstrong, B.A. Applied Science, B.S. Industrial Engineering, Ph.D. MIT, USA
Jack Barrett, Ph.D. Physical Chemistry, UK
Jack Welch, B.S. M.S. Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, USA
Jacques Robin, Ph.D. Professor of Computer Science, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil
James A. Peden, B.S. Physics and Mathematics, M.S. Experimental Physics, Atmospheric Scientist, USA
James Brooks, Ph.D. Geophysics, Australia
James Goodridge, Retired California State Climatologist, USA
James J. O’Brien, Ph.D. Meteorology, USA
James R. Stalker, Ph.D. Atmospheric Science, USA
James W. Buckee, Ph.D. Astrophysics, Canada
Ján Veizer, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Earth Science, University of Ottawa, Canada
Jarl R. Ahlbeck, D.Sc. Professor of Environmental Engineering, Abo Akademi University, Finland
Jay H. Lehr, Ph.D. Environmental Science, USA
Jasper Kirkby, Particle Physicist at CERN, Switzerland
Jeffrey A. Glassman, Ph.D. Applied Physicist and Engineer, USA
Jens Olaf Pepke Pedersen, Senior Scientist, Center for Sun-Climate Research, Danish National Space Center, Denmark
Jennifer Marohasy, Ph.D. Biology, Australia
Joanne Nova, B.S. Microbiology, Former Lecturer, Australian National University, Australia
Joel M. Kauffman, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Chemistry, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, USA
Joel Schwartz, B.S. Chemistry, M.S. Planetary Science, USA
John Blethen, Ph.D. Physics, Nuclear Physicist, USA
John Brignell, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Electronics & Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK
John E. Gaynor, M.S. Meteorology, USA
John E. Oliphant, B.A. Mathematics and Physics, M.S. Meteorology, USA
John E. Sununu, M.S. Mechanical Engineering, MIT, USA
John K. Sutherland, Ph.D. Geology, UK
John Nicol, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Physics, James Cook University, Australia
John R. Christy, Ph.D. Atmospheric Science, Professor of Atmospheric Science, Director of the Earth System Science Center, University of Alabama in Huntsville, NASA Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal, Former Lead Author, IPCC, USA
John Reid, Ph.D. Atmospheric Physics, Former Scientist for CSIRO’s Division of Oceanography, Australia
John S. Theon, M.S. Meteorology, Ph.D. Engineering Science, Chief of Climate Processes Research Program, NASA, USA
John W. Bales, Ph.D. Professor of Mathematics and Modeling, Tuskegee University, USA
Jon Jenkins, Ph.D. Computer Modelling and Virology, Australia
Jørgen Peder Steffensen, Ph.D. Professor and Curator, Centre for Ice and Climate, Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Joseph Conklin, M.S. Meteorology, USA
Joseph D’Aleo, M.S. Meteorology, Former Professor of Meteorology, Lyndon State College, USA
Joseph J. Delgado Domingos, Professor Emeritus of Environmental Engineering, Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
Joseph (Joe) P. Sobel, Ph.D. Meteorology, USA
Kanya Kusano, Ph.D. Program Director of the Earth Simulator, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science & Technology, Japan
Kary Mullis, Ph.D. Biochemistry, Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1993, USA
Keith D. Hage, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Meteorology, University of Alberta, Canada
Keith E. Idso, Ph.D. Botany, USA
Kelvin Kemm, Ph.D. Nuclear Physics, South Africa
Ken Gregory, B.A.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Canada
Kenneth E.F. Watt, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Environmental Studies, University of California, Davis, USA
Kenneth P. Green, D.Env. Environmental Science and Engineering, Expert Reviewer, IPCC, USA
Kevin Van Cott, Ph.D. Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
Kiminori Itoh, Ph.D. Professor of Environmental Metrology, Yokohama National University, Japan
Klaus Wyrtki, Ph.D. Oceanography, Physics, Mathematics, Germany
Kunihiko Takeda, Ph.D. Professor of Science and Technology Research, Chubu University, Japan
Laurence I. Gould, Ph.D. Professor of Physics, University of Hartford, USA
Lee C. Gerhard, Ph.D. Geology, USA
Lee Raymond, Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, USA
Leif Svalgaard, M.S. Geophysics, USA
Len Walker, Ph.D. Soil Mechanics, Australia
Leonard Weinstein, B.Sc. Physics, Sc.D. Engineering, USA
Louis Hissink, M.Sc. Geology, Australia
Luboš Motl, Ph.D. Theoretical Physics, Czech Republic
Lucia Liljegren, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, USA
Madhav L. Khandekar, B.Sc. Mathematics and Physics, M.Sc. Statistics, Ph.D. Meteorology, Expert Reviewer, IPCC, Canada
Martin Livermore, B.S. Chemistry, UK
Manik Talwani, Ph.D. Physics, USA
Mark P. Mills, B.S. Physics, Canada
Martin Hertzberg, Ph.D. Physical Chemistry, USA
Mel Goldstein, Ph.D. Meteorology, USA
Michael D. Griffin, B.S. Physics, M.S. Applied Physics, Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering, USA
Michael E Adams, Ph.D. Meteorology, USA
Michael Hammer, BE, MEngSc, Engineering Science, Australia
Michael J. Economides, Ph.D. Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Houston, USA
Michael J. Oard, B.S., M.S. Atmospheric Science, USA
Michael S. Coffman, M.S. Biology, Ph.D. Forest Science, USA
Michael Savage, B.S. Biology, M.S. Anthropology, M.S. Botany, Ph.D. Epidemiology, USA
Michael R. Fox, Ph.D. Physical Chemistry, USA
Miklós Zágoni, Ph.D. Professor of Physics, Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary
Morgan J. Poliquin, B.A.Sc. Geological Engineering, M.Sc. Geology, Canada
Nathan Paldor, Ph.D. Professor of Dynamical Meteorology and Physical Oceanography, Hebrew University, Israel
Noah E. Robinson, Ph.D. Chemistry (Caltech), Research Professor, Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, USA
Neil Frank, Ph.D. Meteorology, USA
Neil Hutton, Ph.D. Geology, Canada
Nicola Scafetta, Ph.D. Climate Research Scientist, Duke University, USA
Nigel Marsh, Senior Scientist, Center for Sun-Climate Research, Danish National Space Center, Denmark
Nils-Axel Mörner, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Palegeophysics and Geodynamics, Stockholm University, Sweden
Nima Sanandaji, Ph.D. Biochemistry, UK
Nir J. Shaviv, Ph.D. Professor of Physics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Norman Brown, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry, University of Ulster, UK
Ola M. Johannessen, Professor of Oceanography, University of Bergen, Norway
Olavi Kärner, Ph.D. Atmospheric Physics, Estonia
Oliver K. Manuel, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Nuclear Chemistry, University of Missouri-Rolla, USA
Oliver W. Frauenfeld, Ph.D. Environmental Science, USA
Paavo Siitam, M.Sc. Agronomy, Canada
Pal Brekke, Ph.D Theoretical Astrophysics, Norwegian Space Center, Norway
Paul C. Knappenberger, M.S. Environmental Sciences, Former Climate Researcher, Virginia State Climatology Office, USA
Paul Copper, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Earth Science, Laurentian University, Canada
Paul Driessen, B.A. Geology and Field Ecology, USA
Paul Reiter, Ph.D. Professor of Medical Entomology, Pasteur Institute, France
Patrick Frank, Ph.D. Chemistry, USA
Patrick J. Michaels, Ph.D. Ecological Climatology, Research Professor of Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia, Former State Climatologist for Virginia, Contributing Author and Reviewer, IPCC, USA
Patrick Moore, B.Sc. Forest Biology, Ph.D. Ecology, Greenpeace co-founder, Canada
Peter R. Odell, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of International Energy Studies, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Peter Stilbs, TeknD (Ph.D.) Physical Chemistry, Sweden
Peter W. Huber, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, MIT, USA
Petr Chylek, Ph.D. Professor of Atmospheric Science, Dalhousie University, Fellow of the American Geophysical Union, Canada
Philip J. Klotzbach, Ph.D. Atmospheric Science, Research Scientist, Colorado State University, USA
Philip K. Chapman, B.S. Physics and Mathematics, M.S., Ph.D. Instrumentation, MIT, Former NASA Astronaut, Australia
Philip Lloyd, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Environmental Chemical Engineering, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
Philip Stott, Professor Emeritus of Biogeography, University of London, UK
Piers Corbyn, B.Sc. Physics, M.Sc. Astrophysics, UK
R.G. Roper, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Atmospheric Science, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
R. Perry Glaister, Ph.D. Geology, Canada
R. Tim Patterson, Ph.D. Professor of Earth Science, Carleton University, Canada
R. W. Gauldie, Ph.D. Research Professor Emeritus of Ocean and Earth Science, University of Hawaii, USA
Raphael A.J. Wust, M.Sc., Ph.D. Lecturer of Earth Science, James Cook University, Australia
Ralf D. Tscheuschner, Ph.D. Physics, Germany
Ralph B. Alexander, Ph.D. Physics, USA
Randall Cerveny, Ph.D. Geography, USA
Richard A. Keen, Ph.D. Professor of Climatology, University of Colorado, USA
Richard C. Willson, Ph.D. Atmospheric Science, USA
Richard S. Courtney, B.A., DipPhil Material Science, Expert Reviewer, IPCC, USA
Richard S. Lindzen, Ph.D. Professor of Atmospheric Science, MIT, Former Lead Author, IPCC, USA
Richard T. McNider, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Environmental Science, University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA
Rob Scagel, M.Sc., Forest Microclimate Specialist, Canada
Robert C. Balling Jr., Ph.D. Professor of Geography, Former Director, Office of Climatology, Arizona State University, USA
Robert C. Whitten, Physicist, Retired Research Scientist, NASA, USA
Robert E. Davis, Ph.D. Professor of Climatology, University of Virginia, USA
Robert G. Williscroft, B.Sc. Oceanography and Meteorology, M.Sc. Ph.D. Engineering, USA
Robert Giegengack, Ph.D. Professor of Earth and Environmental Science, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Robert H. Austin, Ph.D. Professor of Physics, Princeton University, USA
Robert H. Essenhigh, M.S. Natural Science, Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, UK
Robert L. Kovach, Professor of Geophysics, Stanford University, USA
Robert M. Carter, Ph.D. Professor of Environmental and Earth Science, James Cook University, Australia
Robin Vaughan, Ph.D. Physics, UK
Roger A. Pielke Sr., Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, Senior Research Scientist, Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES), University of Colorado in Boulder, USA
Roger A. Pielke Jr., B.A. Mathematics, Ph.D. Professor of Environmental Studies, University of Colorado at Boulder, Fellow, Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES), Former Research Scientist, National Center for Atmospheric Research, USA
Roger Bate, M.Sc. Environmental and Resource Management, Ph.D. Economics, UK
Roger W. Cohen, M.S. Ph.D. Physics, USA
Romuald Bartnik, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Organic Chemistry, Univeversity of Lodz, Poland
Roy W. Spencer, Ph.D. Meteorology, Former Senior Scientist for Climate Studies, NASA, NASA Exceptional Scientific Achievement Medal, Principal Research Scientist, University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA
S. Fred Singer, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Environmental Science, University of Virginia, First Director, National Weather Satellite Center, Former Deputy Assistant Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, USA
Sallie Baliunas, Ph.D. Astrophysics, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, USA
Sau-Hai Lam, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Engineering, Princeton University, USA
Sherwood B. Idso, Ph.D. Soil Science, Former Research Scientist, U.S. Department of Agriculture, USA
Simon C. Brassell, B.Sc. Chemistry & Geology, Ph.D. Organic Geochemistry, UK
Sonja Boehmer-Christiansen, Ph.D. Emeritus Reader of Geography and Earth Resources, University of Hull, UK
Stanley B. Goldenberg, M.S. Meteorology, Hurricane Research Division, NOAA, USA
Steve Milloy, B.A. Natural Science, M.S. Health Science, USA
Stephen McIntyre, B.Sc. Mathematics, PPE Oxford University, Canada
Stewart W. Franks, Ph.D. Environmental Science, U.K.
Sylvan H. Wittwer, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Horticulture, Michigan State University, USA
Syun-Ichi Akasofu, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Geophysics, University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA
Tad S. Murty, Ph.D. Oceanography and Meteorology, USA
Thomas P. Sheahen, Ph.D. Physics, MIT, USA
Thomas Schmidlin, Ph.D. Professor of Geography, Kent State University, USA
Tim F. Ball, Ph.D. Climatology, Canada
Tom Harris, B. Eng. M. Eng. Mechanical Engineering, Canada
Tom Moriarty, M.A. Physics, Senior Scientist, US Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory, USA
Tom V. Segalstad, Ph.D. Professor of Environmental Geology, University of Oslo, Norway
Ulrich Berner, Geologist, Federal Institute for Geosciences, Germany
Vern Harnapp, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Geography, University of Akron, USA
Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, Ph.D. Researcher, Institute of Geophysics, Department of Solar and Planetary Research, Mexico
Vincent E. Courtillot, Ph.D. Professor of Geophysics, University Denis Diderot, France
Vincent R. Gray, Ph.D. Physical Chemistry, Expert Reviewer, IPCC, New Zealand
Vitaliy Rusov, Ph.D. Professor of Physics, Odessa Polytechnic University, Ukraine
Vladimir M. Kotlyakov, Ph.D. Director of the Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
Yong-Sang Choi, B.S. Earth Science Education and Statistics, Ph.D. Atmospheric Science, Korea
Yuri A. Izrael, D.Sc. Physics and Mathematics, Vice Chairman, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Russia
W. Dennis Clark, B.A. Biological Science, Ph.D. Botany, USA
Walter Cunningham, B.S. M.S. Physics, University of California at Los Angeles, USA
Walter Starck, Ph.D. Marine Science, USA
Warren Meyer, B.S. Mechanical Engineering, USA
Warwick Hughes, B.S. Geology, Australia
Wayne Goodfellow, Ph.D. Professor of Earth Science, University of Ottawa, Canada
Wendy M. Novicoff, Ph.D. Professor of Health Evaluation Sciences, University of Virginia, USA
Wibjorn Karlen, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology, Stockholm University, Sweden
William F. Smyth, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, McMaster University, Canada
Willem de Lange, Ph.D. Senior Lecturer of Earth and Ocean Science, Waikato University, New Zealand
William B. Hubbard, Ph.D. Professor of Planetary Atmospheres, University of Arizona, USA
William Bauman, Ph.D. Atmospheric Science, USA
William E. Reifsnyder, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Forest Meteorology and Biometeorology, Yale, USA
William Happer, Ph.D. Professor of Physics, Princeton University, USA
William J.R. Alexander, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Biosystems Engineering, University of Pretoria, South Africa
William M. Briggs, B.S. Meteorology and Math, M.S. Atmospheric Science, Ph.D. Statistics, USA
William M. Gray, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University, Head of the Tropical Meteorology Project, Colorado State University, USA
William R. Cotton, M.S. Atmospheric Science, Ph.D. Meteorology, Pennsylvania State University, USA
Willie H. Soon, Ph.D. Astrophysicist, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, USA
Wm. Robert Johnston, B.A. Astronomy, M.S. Ph.D. Physics, USA
Wolfgang Th*ne, Ph.D. Geography, Germany
Zachary W. Robinson, B.S. Chemistry, Professor of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, USA
Zbigniew Jaworowski, M.D., Ph.D., D.Sc. Natural Sciences, Former Research Scientist, Norwegian Polar Research Institute, Professor, Central Laboratory for Radiological Protection, Poland

Meteorologists:

"Scientists that study the earth's atmosphere, climate, and weather" - Wordsmyth Dictionary

A.J. Colby, B.S. Atmospheric Science, AMS Certified, Meteorologist WKYC-TV, USA
Andre Bernier, B.S. Meteorology, Meteorologist WJW-TV, USA
Anthony Watts, Chief Meteorologist KPAY-AM, USA
Arlo Gambell, AMS Certified, Meteorologist, USA
Art Horn, B.S. Meteorology, Meteorologist WVIT-TV, USA
Arthur T. Safford III, Retired Meteorologist USAF, USA
Asmunn Moene, Former Chief Meteorologist, Oslo, Norway
Austin W. Hogan, AMS Certified, Meteorologist, USA
Bill Meck, Chief Meteorologist WLEX-TV, USA
Bill Steffen, B.S. Meteorology and Physical Geography, Chief Meteorologist WOOD-TV, USA
Bob Breck, B.S. Meteorology & Oceanography, Chief Meteorologist WVUE-TV, USA
Brad Sussman, Meteorologist, USA
Brian Sussman, Meteorologist, USA
Bruce Boe, Director of Meteorology Weather Modification Inc., USA
Bruce Schwoegler, B.S. Meteorology, USA
Chad Myers, B.S. Meteorology. AMS Certified, Meteorologist CNN, USA
Christopher Plonka, Meteorologist USAF, USA
Craig James, B.S. Meteorology, Chief Meteorologist WOOD-TV, USA
Dan Maly, Retired Meteorologist WOIO-TV, USA
David Aldrich, B.S. Meteorology, Meteorologist WTXF-TV, USA
Dick Goddard, Chief Meteorologist WJW-TV, USA
Don Webster, Retired Meteorologist WEWS-TV, USA
Douglas Leahey, Meteorologist, Canada
Drew Lerner, Senior Agricultural Meteorologist, World Weather Inc., USA
Elliot Abrams, M.S. Meteorology, AccuWeather Chief Forecaster, USA
Eugenio Hackbart, Chief Meteorologist MetSul Meteorologia Weather Center, Brazil
Grant Dade, Meteorologist KLTV, USA
H. Michael Mogil, M.S. Meteorology, AMS Certified, Consulting Meteorologist, USA
Herb Stevens, Meteorologist WNYT-TV, USA
James Spann, AMS Certified, Chief Meteorologist WCFT-TV, WJSU-TV, USA
Jason Russell, Meteorologist, WTEN-TV, USA
Jeff Halblaub, B.S. Atmospheric Science, Meteorologist, USA
Jerry Lettre, Senior Meteorologist, WSI, USA
Jim Clarke, B.S. Meteorology, Meteorologist WZVN-TV, USA
Joe Bastardi, B.S. Meteorology, Expert Senior Forecaster AccuWeather, USA
John Coleman, Meteorologist, Founder of 'The Weather Channel', Chief Meteorologist KUSI-TV, USA
Jon Loufman, Meteorologist WOIO-TV, USA
Joseph E. Luisi, Former Chief Meteorologist Delta Airlines, USA
Justin Berk, B.S. Meteorology, AMS Certified, Meteorologist WMAR-TV, USA
Jym Ganahl, B.A. Climatology, AMS Certified, Chief Meteorologist WCMH-TV, USA
Karl Bohnak, B.S. Meteorology, AMS Certified, Meteorologist WLUC-TV, USA
Kevin Lemanowicz, B.S. Meteorology, Chief Meteorologist WFXT-TV, USA
Kevin Williams, B.S. Meteorology, Chief Meteorologist WHEC-TV, USA
Keith Eichner, Meteorologist WIVB-TV, USA
Lee Eddington, Meteorologist Geophysics Branch, U.S. Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division, USA
Mark Koontz, Meteorologist WFMJ-TV, USA
Mark Breen, B.S. Meteorology, Senior Meteorologist Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium, USA
Mark Johnson, AMS Certified, Chief Meteorologist, WEWS-TV, USA
Mark Scirto, B.S. Meteorology, AMS Certified, Chief Meteorologist KLTV, USA
Morgan Palmer, AMS Certified, Meteorologist KLTV, USA
Nick Morganelli, Free-Lance Meteorologist, USA
Paul Cousins, B.S. Meteorology and Geophysics, AMS and NWA Certified, Founder AtmosForecast, USA
Peter McGurk, Senior Meteorologist, WSI, USA
Randy Baker, B.S. Atmospheric Science, Senior Meteorologist UPS Airlines, USA
Randy Mann, AMS Certified, Meteorologist KREM-TV, USA
Richard (Rich) Apuzzo, Chief Meteorologist Skyeye Weather, USA
Roy Leep, B.S. Meteorology, Meteorologist WTVT-TV, USA
Sally Bernier, B.S. Meteorology, Meteorologist WJW-TV, USA
Shane Hollett, Meteorologist WMJI-FM, USA
Steven Nogueira, NWS Senior Meteorologist, USA
Terry Eliasen, B.S. Meteorology, Meteorologist WBZ-TV, USA
Thomas B. Gray, M.S. Meteorology, USAF, USA
Tim Kelley, B.S. Meteorology, Meteorologist NECN, USA
Tom Chisholm, B.S. Atmospheric Science, Chief Meteorologist WMTW-TV, USA
William Kininmonth, B.Sc., M.Sc., Retired Head of the Australian National Climate Centre, Australia

Apr 14, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
No, but the fact that the last four decades have been consecutively warmer is a rather strong indication of global warming. The last decade certainly puts to rest the "no warming since X year" meme once and for all.
No it's not a "strong" indicator by itself - you don't measure global climate in short periods of time.

This - and Abbott's comment - are the sort of crap that distract from meaningful debate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkamania!

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2007
My house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
49ers,Box Hill,NT Thunder
Nope. Not even close.
And here's a chart that shows how Blog Science is done, not that discredited laboratory science, with its corrected data and hidden inclines, no we're talking about science for the REAL world, done by REAL bloggers.
Real bloggers? Fake bloggers? Your losing it. Is this because your religious beliefs lie in tatters debunked by scientists that use the Scientific Method? You need help.
Yes, because the UN is taking over the world to install a Communist One World State. I know all about that one, Christopher Monckton told me all about it.
You're up to speed. Great. Here's a bumper sticker for you.
buy-carbon-credit-save-banker-web.gif

Because bloggers are educators. Maybe we should do what they are doing in Texas, we should get the bloggers to write the school textbooks that perpetuate this lie that scientists are putting out there. We could have all textbooks vetted publicly on a blog. We would democratise science rather then letting all of these "experts" fill our children's minds with all of these so-called "facts", and hamstringing Citizen Scientists with all this "scientific method" ("they call it peer-review, we call it Stalin-esque censorship!"). We can report and let out kids decide! We truly would usher in a new post-Enlightenment Utopia, were can run around naked and free, unbridled of concerns like qualifications and stifling titles like doctorates. After all, anyone on the net can call themselves a scientist these days!
Epic straw man fail.:eek:

Welcome aboard Poptech. I'm a fan of your list and have used it many times in the past along with Roger Pielke Jr.'s work debunking the peer review argument the global propagandists often rely on. BTW, how did you find out about this thread?

shiznit

Draftee
Suspended
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Captain Spam-bot and his mentally handicapped side-kick strike yet another blow to the Ivory Tower of critical thinking. POW! WAM! SOCKO!

Poptech

Cancelled
May 23, 2010
USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Welcome aboard Poptech. I'm a fan of your list and have used it many times in the past along with Roger Pielke Jr.'s work debunking the peer review argument the global propagandists often rely on. BTW, how did you find out about this thread?
I found this thread because I monitor any links to the list to see if any incompetents (such as shiznit) will fail to read the notes following it (they always do) and embarrassingly just try to use Google to discredit it. It is sad but it happens enough that I have to wind up posting what they failed to read. The list has never been debunked. The sheer volume of peer-reviewed papers supporting skeptics arguments is so overwhelming they usually wind up resorting to out right lying like Greenfyre. The lies usually involve one or a combination of the following,

- Lying about the paper counting method used. (Addendums, Comments, Corrections, Erratum, Replies, Responses and Submitted papers are not counted.)
- Lying about the list being debunked because certain papers on the list do not "refute" AGW theory. (All papers support either skepticism of "man-made" global warming or the environmental or economic effects of.)
- Lying about peer-reviewed journals not being peer-reviewed. (Every journal listed is peer-reviewed.)
- Lying about the inclusion of a paper on this list as a representation of the position of it's author in regards to AGW theory. (The inclusion of a paper in this list does not imply a specific position to any of the authors.)
- Lying about all climate related papers not on this list endorsing AGW theory. (There are thousands of climate related papers but few explicitly endorse AGW theory.)
- Lying that certain paper's age make them "outdated". (The age of any scientific paper is irrelevant. Using this logic all of science would become irrelevant after a certain amount of time, which is obviously ridiculous.)
- Lying that Blog posts, Wiki pages and YouTube videos "refute" peer-reviewed papers (That is not how peer-reviewed papers are challenged. Any valid criticisms would follow the established peer-review process of submitting a comment for publication in the same journal, which allows the author of the original paper a chance to publish a rebuttal in defense of their paper.)
- Lying that since some of the papers are mutually exclusive the list is falsified. (The purpose of the list is to provide a resource for the skeptical arguments being made in peer-reviewed journals and to demonstrate the existence of these papers. It is not supposed to be a single argument but rather a resource for all of them.)

For people who claim to be so "intellectual" it is amazing how intellectually dishonest they actually are. If you run across any not addressed in the notes, let me know and I will add whatever is needed.

Poptech

Cancelled
May 23, 2010
USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You could always just look at temperature records over the past century or 2 and note that global warming is indeed occurring.
Yes there has been a mild warming since the LIA, a mild cooling since 1998 and no statistically significant warming in the last 15 years. All in tenths of a degree.

Poptech

Cancelled
May 23, 2010
USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How pathetic Shitzit is now crying to greenfyre,

Poptart is an absolute psycho. Apparently he’s written some code to stalk out every time this link is used so he can jackboot his way over all debate

He’s cyberstalking you Greenfyre’s! What a deviant.
Apparently your “debunking” did not work out so well. You can challenge anything I stated and I will be glad to correct you with the facts.

Hawkamania!

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2007
My house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
49ers,Box Hill,NT Thunder
For people who claim to be so "intellectual" it is amazing how intellectually dishonest they actually are. If you run across any not addressed in the notes, let me know and I will add whatever is needed.
Agreed. And if I find something significant, I'll let you know.

Yes there has been a mild warming since the LIA, a mild cooling since 1998 and no statistically significant warming in the last 15 years. All in tenths of a degree.
Just an update on grin. He has a habit of comparing ipcc global warming sceptics to the tobacco industry (which a certain al gore received a lot of money from and his family made their fortune from) and making unfounded claims without backing up his posts with any references. Don't get too sucked in replying to his stuff as it's been debunked in other threads and you will be wasting valuable time.

And your above post is right on the money. You would be surprised at how little many people know about past climate events such as the Little Ice Age and the Medieval Warm Period. Once they do learn about it, they tend to become more sceptical of the ipcc line (well the non-brainwashed ones anyway).

Apr 14, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
You could always just look at temperature records over the past century or 2 and note that global warming is indeed occurring.

It's really not rocket science guys.

(Edit)
The question is: Why? Could carbon be contributing?
Increased temperatures alone over such a short period is not by itself evidence of global climate change - it's not rocket science, but it is climate science, and your assertion is bad science. Temperatures do increase and decrease naturally. There are other important factors, such as rate of change. So your question added in the edit is the important thing, that too many people do not focus on.

Dippers Donuts

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2001
Hunting the snark
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sluggers
Increased temperatures alone over such a short period is not by itself evidence of global climate change - it's not rocket science, but it is climate science, and your assertion is bad science. Temperatures do increase and decrease naturally. There are other important factors, such as rate of change. So your question added in the edit is the important thing, that too many people do not focus on.
So whats causing the current warming then?

So whats causing the current warming then?

It get's a bit pointless arguing with this mob.

They will argue against global warming with the passion of a fundy arguing that the world was created in a week 6 or 7 thousand years ago. No amount of evidence will sway them. It's a faith thing.

The fact that this decade was the hottest on record, breaking the record set by the previous decade, breaking the record set the decade before that is meaningless to them.

These people see this as the conservative side of politics fighting a noble battle against a left wing conspiracy to take over the world.

In a decade they'll deny that they were global warming conspiracy theorists in the same way that they now deny that they supported the ideology of scientists that 'proved' that tobacco is a healthy product. The fact that they are quite happy to allow their own children suffer from their nutcase beliefs is just further proof to them of their own salvation.

They will believe exactly what the multinationals who own the conservative side of politics tell them to believe, and think they are very clever for doing it.

It's as sad as it is pathetic.

Apr 14, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
It get's a bit pointless arguing with this mob.

They will argue against global warming with the passion of a fundy arguing that the world was created in a week 6 or 7 thousand years ago. No amount of evidence will sway them. It's a faith thing.
What is pointless is the way zealots approach the important issue of global climate change. This thread has seen a classic combination of the zealotry in GCC combined with the extreme idiocy of BF whereby anyone who disagrees with anything at all you say must be definition be taking the extreme opposite view to you.

I've not argued against GCC. In fact I've said it is a really important challenge facing the world and it needs to be addressed. We can see evidence of it and it is likely that humans are contributing to it, but we don't know how much, although it is probably significant. Short-term temperature changes are not evidence by themselves - climates move in cycles - and arguing over these side issues takes people away from the critical issues, as I've already said.

But you guys just continue to argue over the silly things and call each other silly names, in such a typical BF style because that is
as sad as it is pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back