Marc Shmurf 3

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2006
In Carlton's Midfield
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory, Storm, Juve
Ins: McLean & Armfield (Should Yarran not come up)
Out: Yarran (possibly through injury)

Would think at this stage that the game would be best suited for McLean. A tight slog on the small ground. Really would love to see Yarran play this game as his line breaking ability will really penetrate deep into our attacking zones.

Gees we have struggled against the Swans over the years. Would love nothing more than to get one over them on their ground.

Re: Round 6 - Carlton vs Sydney Friday Night - SCG

IN: McLean, Thornton
OUT: Gibbs, Joseph

Joseph was decent when he came on, but we desperately need a 2nd tall forward. Gibbs gets dropped for not caring.

Both of those changes have 0% chance of occuring however.

Agreed, Brock should be just about right to go. As other posters have noted, he often takes a while to get going, but once he does he is a very, very good footballer.
Would love to grab a win up there, but can't see it happening this week. Sydney are a quality outfit, and based on last nights form, we are nowhere near them. Would LOVE a fit hendo, bower, kreuzer running around, and would be pretty happy if I never saw shaun hampson again.

Injuries will be vital
Another tall target would be nice as I have no faith in Hampson/Warnock in front of goals-Carlos is not ready so TBird a chance
More grit required-Army must be close
More skill required - Brock and Lucas must be close
Short turn around so we need fresh legs

IN: McLean, Thornton
OUT: Gibbs, Joseph

Joseph was decent when he came on, but we desperately need a 2nd tall forward. Gibbs gets dropped for not caring.

Both of those changes have 0% chance of occuring however.

Not caring, or just out of form. It can happen you know.

Gibbs head was clearly not at Etihad last night. He was a liability and continued on from his horrible last quarter against the bombers. He won't get dropped but he was horrible yesterday and just looked like he didn't care and didn't put his body on the line.

He better get a good old spray and be told to pull his finger out... and come back next week and play a blinder like we know he can

Actually thought this was at ANZ, where I wouldn't of minded seen Watson coming in.

Like to see McLean in the side. Gibbs will stay but unless he gives us something more than the usual he'll be dropped.

Hope Silk is right.

If they don't want to drop Gibbs then Gibbs to the forward line, Eddie to the middle, but Gibbs was terrible needs to be shaken up.

Big game for the club as a whole but for some of our players too.

Yarran should be fine and Joseph you think will go back to get game time. McLean, Armfield and the looming prospect of the forever in doubt Paul Bower also threw their names in the mix for selection.

Once again though, last night wasn't a matter of personal (except in the forward line perhaps), it was more so a mental switch that we seem to have clocked to work for only minutes at a time, or for a whole half of football at most. What gives me hope is that many in the side will be disappointed with their performances and would like to prove they're a credible top 6 side while getting a bit of revenge against Sydney for last year's finals loss.

Key Points:

- Judd is a proud man, he would be less than happy with the side's performance over the past 2 weeks and just watch him tear Jack a new one if they decide to go with that match up again.

- Gibbs: This guy needs to stand up, I don't mind him not getting the contested because it seems he's been given that Dal Santo type role. He's been almost non existant in the past few matches though, a good outside mid should be gut running and linking up like Scotto and Simpson. I've heard Gibbs acknowledge he isn't a great runner before and I just hope he isn't playing within himself, he should take note from Curnow who said in Emma Quayle's article that his game only prospered once he took risks. Then again though, he'll probably tag Goodes this week :( Add Carrazzo and possibly AJ/Armfield and we're going in very reliant on Murphy and Judd again.

- Sydney's young talls shouldn't cause us too many headaches and they look to be playing Sam Reid, Jesse White(?) and Goodes there at times. What worries me though is Jude Bolton, McGlynn and O'Keefe forward. These guys are great at applying pressure and move up the ground very well.

- Sydney will have Mumford rucking mostly and we should win this battle but Hampson will probably be ineffectual again as Sydney have some good tall versatile options down back.

How I'd go in:

Russell (O'Keefe) Jamison (White) Yarran (McGlynn)
Duigan (Bolton) White/Bower (Goodes) Laidler (Reid)
Jamo and Gibbs helping with Goodes whenever possible

Carrazzo tagging McVeigh
McLean vs. Kennedy
Ellard vs. Hannebery
Simpson vs. Jetta
They'll play Jack on Judd
Someone to keep Shaw accountable

Let the rest be up to structure etc

IN: McLean, Possibly Bower
OUT: Joseph, Possibly White

Tip: Don't know :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too sure it's been confirmed yet Guns, thought maybe they took the cautious road with him. The report didn't look too bad either IMO

Ideal ground to give brock his first run for the year. Difficult to find the out as Ellard and AJ should retain their spot based on last night. Think it will be a close one again, Blues by 3.

When was the last time we beat them up there? Anyone know? Must have been mid nineties sometime.

Lulz at Laidler on Reid and White/Bower on Goodes.

EDIT: And how's it having 3 of your "supposed" best midfielder in the top 15 for Clangers in the AFL: Clanger-azzo, Spud Simpson and Chris Spud

Essendon were jerking it at the prospect of Hurley, Ryder etc beating us down back too, didn't work out too well though. We can probably afford to have White on White and send Jamo to Goodes or whoever is the most dangerous, Jamison won't be beat :)

Mumford is up there for HO because he rucks 90% of the game. Warnock will at very least break even with him in HOs...around the ground is the challenge.

As for calling one of our players a dud, I'm sure the mods will have a nice easter present for you.

Now f*** off back to your own board

EDIT: rating Carrazzo in our best 3 mids? Showing your true colours you fool. Selective stats can be deceiving.

Alright I'll take your word on it, you seem to have plenty of first hand experience on being a dud and wasting oxygen. You look good in red :)

Agree with the general sentiment that Gibbs really needs to show something. He looks to be just going through the motions out there, looks lost at times.

Just looking at Robbo's stats, hmmm, could find himself as the sub this week!
withall the congestion I thought Robbo would explode and put his body in harms way. Seemed to be another really flat and reactive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back