Muse - Over-rated and unsuitable to play at Wembley Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i was saying regarding the rhythm sections was that when you have a singer who is also providing guitar elements then consquently the sound can come across as "light" in a larger environment.

Having one bass player in Wembley Stadium will be a sight to behold if you can hear the thing that is.
I forgot about this little gem.

Only one bass player means they might struggle you reckon champ?

I'm pretty keen on you telling us: how many bass players do you think are necessary to play a big show? Or any show for that matter?

And while you're at it, throw some stadium band names at us these days who have more than one bass player. Or any names for that matter. I can think of 1 or 2, but they definitely havent played or wont be playing Wembley Stadium anytime soon...
PS:- 250 000 people at Knebworth can't be wrong can they Carlos,
Didnt Robbie Williams get more than that? I think there might be something in that for ya big guy.

Muse can't write songs as brilliant as Don't Look Back In Anger, Champagne Supernova and Live Forever etc. Its so ridiculously stupid to get personally stuck into people cos they like a band more than one another

I like Muse, I saw them at Festival Hall when they came out and absolutely loved it, they were awesome. But Oasis are better and I don't care if that means Im stupid :rolleyes: Oasis are better live as well, they are charasmatic, ridiculously entertaining performers and have an awesome catologue of songs that the whole crowd knows and gets into. I couldn't imagine a lot better than the whole of Wembley singing along to DLBIA. Muse put on a great show as well, and they do sound awesome, some songs live turn into absolute epics, but that doesn't make them better than Oasis. If I lived in the UK I'd love to see them both at Wembley, I think they could both pull it off

Its cool to bash Oasis these days and its cool to like Muse. Its a pity cos the people bashing Oasis probably didn't get to listen to 'Don't Believe the Truth' which was Oasis' best album since Morning Glory and one of the best albums of 06.

Oasis >> Muse >>>>>>>>U2
wha???? :confused:

Muse can't write songs as brilliant as Don't Look Back In Anger, Champagne Supernova and Live Forever etc.
Firstly, that's completely subjective which of course is your absolute right. You dig those big anthemic tunes and good for you. No one can criticise your preference. FWIW, i dont hate those songs, and can acknowledge their quality and the fact that they will probably still be great songs in 20 years. I notice you didnt mention Wonderwall which i guess for an Oasis fan is like a Led Zeppelin fan saying Stairway to Heaven is your fav Led Zep tune. But allt hat aside, the fact is its still a f*cking great tune.

But the fact is that in my opinion Muse's "Invincible" and "Sing For Absolution" are also infinitely better written, played and more interesting anthem-like tunes.

But that wasn't the point of the thread mate. The peanut who started it amongst others are trying to say Muse dont belong on a big stage, and in particular had a crack at their musicianship.
I like Muse, I saw them at Festival Hall when they came out and absolutely loved it, they were awesome. But Oasis are better and I don't care if that means Im stupid :rolleyes: Oasis are better live as well...
Catalogue preference aside (as this aint about that), you honestly think Oasis feature better musicians and better showman than the 3 guys in Muse?

Its cool to bash Oasis these days and its cool to like Muse.

I think at the end of the day, none of us want to argue about this. In fact, if I never have to discuss Oasis again it's too soon. If you and others like Oasis, cool for you. I owned Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory...they just gathered dust...they bored me...but if you like them, then I'm happy for you.

In case you didn't notice, the original poster of this thread used Muse to once again push his devotion to a cause none of us really care about. It has been said countless times in the past, when he has continually hijacked threads to talk about Oasis...we don't care!

Message to LtD...write a post about Oasis...those that want to circle jerk over it can, and those that don't can ignore it. Don't use Muse to get attention.

Or in other words....******** OFF! :)

You really are taking this seriously. U2 and Oasis are far better than Muse both live and on the CD. I don't mind Muse but they are very over-rated and you can still post 100 words in a post but not convince me. U2>>Oasis>>>>>>>Muse
I'll repeat the question:

Name one tune from U2 or Oasis's back catalogues that Muse couldnt pull off faithfully and/or convincingly (let alone take to another stratosphere) live? I didnt say write (as this aint about songwriting), i simply said "play".

Now name for me just 5 Muse tunes that U2 or Oasis could play even remotely convincingly live?

You really are taking this seriously. U2 and Oasis are far better than Muse both live and on the CD. I don't mind Muse but they are very over-rated and you can still post 100 words in a post but not convince me. U2>>Oasis>>>>>>>Muse

Wow. I can't stand Muse - hate them with a passion (well, mainly Bellamy's voice, which ruin an otherwise decent band) - and yet I find this statement absolutely amazing. Anyone who can't hear the superior musicianship and more complex songwriting in Muse over U2 and Oasis must simply be willfully ignorant.

blah bla blah

Dude, you are really full of it.

U2 could take any of Muse's back catalogue. ANY.

U2 are not the greatest live band ever - but they're convincingly better than Muse.

You have lost so much credibility here it ain't funny. You've lost it. Your opinion on music has taken a massive dive with your hackneyed, foam-mouthed attempts to compare a Radiohead-inspired prog-rock band to one of the all-time great rock bands.

just maybe...you are wrong ;)

...and enjoy your show where only the latest album is the setlist. :D

You've obviously never been to a U2 show.

By percentage, Muse played more of their new album than U2.

Look dumb now don't you, eh?

I think at the end of the day, none of us want to argue about this.
You know dude, i often ask myself why i bother.

I know i write some fairly hefty volumes on here sometimes (as i did in this thread) but sometimes its as much about being able to express something and just have it make sense to me when i read back on it as it is about stepping up to the plate or even expecting anyone to read it. But yeah, i do often question why i even go to the effort.

But i once read something about my character traits (cant remember if it was star sign related or whatever - not really into much of that stuff) and the part that has always stood out for me was something about if i am passionate about something, arguing is like a sport for me.

Now i do do a fair bit of physical exercise when the body allows, but i guess this sh*t is like mental exercise and considering the sh*t i've put my poor brain through (in addition to the natural handicap of being a drummer - * drool *) its nice to know it is still capable of forming a thought and presenting it in a reasonable manner.

But then, i read stuff form dudes like you and Angus and whoever else who comes across as so rational and measured and basically questioning the point of why you'd even bother with turnips like we are coming up against in this thread and my approach just stops making sense!

In short Fwoy, dudes like you sh*t me ! :D

Carlos, seriously. I like some of what you write - alot in fact. But your blatant stupid obsession with Muse where you hold them up as godlike glorious really damages your credibility. Calling people who spoof over Muse 'rational and measured' just because that's their view is really sad.

You don't have any objectivity because you are totally obsessed with Muse and can't see a word of wrong against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot about this little gem.

Only one bass player means they might struggle you reckon champ?

I'm pretty keen on you telling us: how many bass players do you think are necessary to play a big show? Or any show for that matter?

haha, I was wondering about that myself.
I once saw Womnal play with 2 bass guitars and a cello (all at the same time). The pub being small though, IIRC, they only had the 1 drummer (I was told they normally have 2 or 3).
Andy - you should check out Womnal (if they still exist??) :thumbsu: :p
Don't know why the hell they aren't playing stadium gigs?

Dude, you are really full of it.

U2 could take any of Muse's back catalogue. ANY.
Name the songs champ.
U2 are not the greatest live band ever - but they're convincingly better than Muse.
Blanket statement. You surely can expand on that since you're casting some pretty hefty dispersions my way.

Or is that your method of trying to deflect attention from the fact that you really havent heard much Muse let alone seen them live?
You have lost so much credibility here it ain't funny.
Tell em why mate, and try to avoid meaningless blanket statements that make you look like a simpleton.

Your opinion on music has taken a massive dive
My opinion, or the way my opinion is viewed by others?

You're really not very good at expressing yourself are you?
with your hackneyed, foam-mouthed attempts to compare a Radiohead-inspired prog-rock band to one of the all-time great rock bands.
Well, why dont you tell me what it is that specifically makes U2, Oasis and any of your other champions that much better than Muse and the rest of the competition.

Because as "hackneyed" and "foam-mouthed" as my posts may be, at least they went deeper than crap blanket statements.

Surely it cant be that hard for you mate?

You've obviously never been to a U2 show.

By percentage, Muse played more of their new album than U2.

Look dumb now don't you, eh?

Actually, I've been to 2 U2 shows...I own everything up to Achtung Baby as well...As you are too simple to understand what I was saying, I'll write double space from now on so it is easier for you to comprehend...

U2 are past it. People will naturally still give them the time of day and they will get airplay due to their back catalogue. People will go to their shows to see

songs like "With or without you" or "New Years Day", moreso than their new stuff. If they were only gonna play their new stuff from now on... they would

not have the same appeal (as the new stuff is ********). ;)

Actually, I've been to 2 U2 shows...I own everything up to Achtung Baby as well...As you are too simple to understand what I was saying, I'll write double space from now on so it is easier for you to comprehend...

U2 are past it. People will naturally still give them the time of day and they will get airplay due to their back catalogue. People will go to their shows to see

songs like "With or without you" or "New Years Day", moreso than their new stuff. If they were only gonna play their new stuff from now on... they would

not have the same appeal (as the new stuff is ********). ;)

You don't have a valid opinion. But feel free to continue to gurgle it.

Carlos, seriously. I like some of what you write - alot in fact. But your blatant stupid obsession with Muse where you hold them up as godlike glorious really damages your credibility.
Why is that exactly?

So hang on, the fact i'm passionate about superb, adventerous musicianship that is indisputably a large cut above the majority of mainstream bands as well as song-writing that makes me feel many things which i am able to express in some way somehow loses me credibility?

Interesting theory mate.
Calling people who spoof over Muse 'rational and measured' just because that's their view is really sad.

You don't have any objectivity because you are totally obsessed with Muse and can't see a word of wrong against them.
Really? Firstly, i think you have to be honest with yourself and admit you're probably over-doing it with the "obsession" accusation. I dig the band, but it aint obsession. Its not like i turn every f*cking thread into a Muse fest now do i? That would be a valid point of evidence to accuse someone of being obsessed wouldnt you think?

But perhaps if you and your mates actually put up anything remotely even resembling a well thought out, substantial point when claiming Muse arent up to it, then maybe we'd be able to prove that theory right or wrong.

So far, you've seriously presented absolutely nothing except for rubbish blanket statements which truth be told, makes you come across as never having heard or seen the band.

I'd call that beyond "sad". Its tragic.

Name the songs champ.

All of them. Any one of them.

As I said already. Surely not that hard for you, champ?

Blanket statement. You surely can expand ont hat since you're casting some pretty hefty dispersions my way.

Just following your lead.

Or is that your method of trying to deflect attention from the fact that you really havent heard much Muse let alone seen them live?

Have all their albums, seen them twice.

Tell em why mate, and try to avoid meaningless blanket statements that make you look like a simpleton.

Calling yourself a simpleton? :confused:

My opinion, or the way my opinion is viewed by others?

You're really not very good at expressing yourself are you?

You have an awful tendency of assuming you express yourself well.

Gumby manlove of a band is not 'expressing yourself well'.

Wlel, why dont you tell me what it is that specifically makes U2, Oasis and any of your other champions that much better than Muse and the rest of the competition.

Because as "hackneyed" and "foam-mouthed" as my posts may be, at least they went deeper than crap blanket statements.

Surely it cant be that hard for you mate?

No, they didn't go deeper. All you had was blanket statements. 'Duh, Muse is better than everyone else they is more technical'.

Please.

Why should I respond to that with anything more than equal contempt? :rolleyes:

Why is that? The fact i'm passionate about superb, adventerous musicianship and song-writing that makes me feel many things loses me credibility?

Interesting theory mate.

Really? Firstly, i think you have to be honest with yourself and admit you're probably over-doing it with the "obsession" accusation. I dig the band, but it aint obsession. Its not like i turn every f*cking thread into a Muse fest now do i? That would be a valid point of evidence to accuse someone of being obsessed wouldnt you think?

But perhaps if you and your mates actually put up anything remotely even resembling a well thought out, substantial point when claiming Muse arent up to it, then maybe we'd be able to prove that theory right or wrong.

So far, you've seriously presented absolutely nothing except for rubbish blanket statements which truth be told, makes you come across as never having heard or seen the band.

I'd call that beyond sad. Its tragic.

Mate, how can you accuse others of blanket statements when that's all you have?

I never said Muse weren't up to it. That's you constructing strawmen because you're struggling.

More correctly, your deceit aside, you simply overrate them.

Muse are good - you just think they're a lot better than they are. In reality they're a rocked-up version of Radiohead who put on good live shows.

You know dude, i often ask myself why i bother.

I know i write some fairly hefty volumes on here sometimes (as i did in this thread) and sometime sits as much about being able to express something and have it make sense to me as it is about stepping up to the plate, but i do wonder why i even go to the effort.

But i once read something about my character traits (cant remember if it was star sign related or whatever - not really into much of that stuff) and the part that has always stood out for me was something about if i am passionate about something, arguing is like a sport for me.

Now i do do a fair bit of physical exercise when the body allows, but i guess this sh*t is like mental exercise and considering the sh*t i've put my poor brain through (in addition to the natural handicap of being a drummer - * drool *) its nice to know it is still capable of forming a thought and presenting it in a reasonable manner.

But then, i read stuff form dudes like you and Angus and whoever else who comes across as so rational and measured and basically questioning the point of why you'd even bother with turnips like we are coming up against in this thread and my approach just stops making sense!

In short Fwoy, dudes like you sh*t me ! :D

Dude...it's like trying to wipe dribble off a crows fan...a neverending cycle ;)

Carlos, seriously. I like some of what you write - alot in fact. But your blatant stupid obsession with Muse where you hold them up as godlike glorious really damages your credibility. Calling people who spoof over Muse 'rational and measured' just because that's their view is really sad.

And this differs from LtD how?

...and you toward U2 now??

Dude...it's like trying to wipe dribble off a crows fan...a neverending cycle ;)
I'm done dude. This is actually starting to hurt my head and for reasons that just arent worth putting one's self through.

But just promise me one thing Fwoy (and the 99% of other cats on here that know i respect them:)

if i EVER come across like some of the knobs in this thread have, PM or something and tell me. Because i'd fair dinkum hate myself if i went through life like that and didnt know.

I'm going to bed.

I'm done dude. This is actually starting to hurt my head and for reasons that just arent worth putting one's self through.

But just promise me one thing Fwoy (and the 99% of other cats on here that know i respect them:)

if i EVER come across like some of the knobs in this thread have, PM or something and tell me. Because i'd fair dinkum hate myself if i went through life like that and didnt know.

I'm going to bed.

Done...I'm finished too...let them play with themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back