2011 Geelong list and number changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Following the thread we kept on last year's list changes, I'll be doing the same this year and tracking official changes for 2011. Please keep list speculation to other discussion threads and keep this for official updates.

2010 list
1 Mitchell Brown
3 Jimmy Bartel
4 Andrew Mackie
5 Travis Varcoe
6 Brad Ottens
7 Harry Taylor
8 Josh Hunt
9 James Kelly
10 Daniel Menzel
11 Joel Corey
12 Trent West
13 Tom Lonergan
14 Joel Selwood
15 Ryan Gamble - delisted (19 October)
16 Dawson Simpson
17 Shannon Byrnes
18 Nathan Djerrkura - traded to Western Bulldogs for 2010 National Draft selection No. 57 (8 October)
20 Steve Johnson
21 Cameron Mooney
22 Mitchell Duncan
23 Marcus Drum
24 Mark Blake
25 Tom Gillies
26 Tom Hawkins
27 Mathew Stokes
28 Allen Christensen
29 Gary Ablett - signed by Gold Coast Football Club, uncontracted player compensation Round One and mid-Round One selections (29 September)
30 Matthew Scarlett
31 James Podsiadly - promoted to senior list (29 October)
32 Steven Motlop
33 Max Rooke - retired (13 October)
34 Simon Hogan
35 Paul Chapman
36 Nathan Vardy
37 Jeremy Laidler - traded with 2010 National Draft selection No. 41 to Carlton for selections Nos. 36 and 53 (11 October)
38 Taylor Hunt
39 Darren Milburn
40 David Wojcinski
41 Josh Cowan
42 Ranga Ediriwickrama - delisted (19 October)
43 Jack Weston
44 Corey Enright
45 Cameron Ling
46 Adam Varcoe - delisted (29 October)
47 Ben Johnson
48 Tom Allwright - delisted (29 October)
49 Jesse Stringer

Official 2011 list
1 Mitchell Brown
2 Billie Smedts - 2010 National Draft Selection No. 15 (18 November)
3 Jimmy Bartel
4 Andrew Mackie
5 Travis Varcoe
6 Brad Ottens
7 Harry Taylor
8 Josh Hunt
9 James Kelly
10 Daniel Menzel
11 Joel Corey
12 Trent West
13 Tom Lonergan
14 Joel Selwood
15 Jordan Schroder - 2010 National Draft Selection No. 54 (18 November)
16 Dawson Simpson
17 Shannon Byrnes
18 Josh Cowan
19 Taylor Hunt
20 Steve Johnson
21 Cameron Mooney
22 Mitchell Duncan
23 Marcus Drum
24 Mark Blake
25 Tom Gillies
26 Tom Hawkins
27 Mathew Stokes
28 Allen Christensen
29 Cameron Guthrie - 2010 National Draft Selection No. 23 (18 November)
30 Matthew Scarlett
31 James Podsiadly - rookie promotion using 2010 National Draft Selection No. 58 (18 November)
32 Steven Motlop
33 George Horlin-Smith - 2010 National Draft Selection No. 37 (18 November)
34 Simon Hogan
35 Paul Chapman
36 Nathan Vardy
37 Jack Weston
38 Ben Johnson
39 Darren Milburn
40 David Wojcinski
41 Jesse Stringer
42 Joshua Walker - 2010 Rookie Draft Selection No. 23 (7 December)http://www.gfc.com.au/geelongnews/newsarticle/tabid/3933/newsid/105953/default.aspx
43 George Burbury - 2010 Rookie Draft Selection No. 40 (7 December)http://www.gfc.com.au/geelongnews/newsarticle/tabid/3933/newsid/105953/default.aspx
44 Corey Enright
45 Cameron Ling
46 Jonathan Simpkin - 2010 Rookie Draft Selection No. 56 (7 December)http://www.gfc.com.au/geelongnews/newsarticle/tabid/3933/newsid/105953/default.aspx
47 Ryan Bathie - 2010 Rookie Draft Selection No. 70 (three-year non-registered rookie selection) (29 October)

Incoming
National Draft Round One compensation selection (to be used within the next five years)
Billie Smedts
Cameron Guthrie
George Horlin-Smith
Jordan Schroder
Joshua Walker
George Burbury
Jonathan Simpkin
Ryan Bathie

Outgoing
Gary Ablett
Nathan Djerrkura
Jeremy Laidler
Max Rooke
Ryan Gamble
Ranga Ediwickirama
Adam Varcoe
Tom Allwright

Re: 2011 Geelong list changes

http://www.afl.com.au/draft key dates/tabid/16414/default.aspx
2010 NAB AFL Draft - Key Dates

Tuesday 28 September Commencement of 2010 Draft Camp
Friday 1 October Conclusion of 2010 Draft Camp

Friday 1 October Father/son nominations lodged with the AFL

Monday 4 October Commencement of 2010 Trade Week

Monday 11 October, 2pm Conclusion of 2010 Trade Week
Friday 29 October, 2pm List lodgement one. Rookie promotions, retained second-year rookies, retained third-year international rookies, retained third-year non-registered rookies

Friday 5 November, 2pm Out of contract listed primary list players draft nomination deadline

Draft nomination deadline for new or expired (after three years) nominations

Nomination of use of compensatory selection by clubs that lose an uncontracted player to Gold Coast FC

Wednesday 10 November List lodgement two
Friday 12 November Delisted primary list draft nomination deadline

Thursday 18 November NAB AFL National Draft - Gold Coast Convention Centre
Wednesday 24 November List lodgement three
Tuesday 30 November, 2pm Delisted primary list draft nomination deadline
Tuesday 7 December, 10am NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft

NAB AFL Rookie Draft. Team GWS have selections 1-8 and the Gold Coast FC has selection nine and the first selection in each subsequent round.
http://www.afl.com.au/draft key dates/tabid/16414/default.aspx

-1 from the 2011 list now.....

But + $800,000 in salary cap!!

Any chance of Nathan Djerrkura staying now ablett has gone?

Any chance of Nathan Djerrkura staying now ablett has gone?

Nup...he wants out...the question is where and what we get in return.

Great thread SJ! Really found last year's one a fantastic 'first go' source.

One tiny thing that's annoying me though.:eek: Any chance of just getting rid of #29 from the 2011 list, in the same way that there isn't a #2 or a #19?

It's probably just me, but the gap just reinforces this notion that Gaz has left a great whopping whole in our list. ....which he has, I guess. But it's just a psychological thing.

Just being stupidly picky about what otherwise is a great resource!

Geelong has signed Ryan Bathie, 23, originally from Melton as a mature age rookie.

Bathie, is a 6’ 4” talented basketball player having played for Nicholls State University in Louisiana before returning to Australia to play for the Melbourne Tigers in the NBL.

This year he played for the Swinburne Kilsyth Cobras in the SEABL league. Bathie played for the Australian Under-18 basketball team and was member of the Australian Youth Olympics team that won the bronze medal.

Geelong has signed Ryan Bathie, 23, originally from Melton as a mature age rookie.

Bathie, is a 6’ 4” talented basketball player having played for Nicholls State University in Louisiana before returning to Australia to play for the Melbourne Tigers in the NBL.

This year he played for the Swinburne Kilsyth Cobras in the SEABL league. Bathie played for the Australian Under-18 basketball team and was member of the Australian Youth Olympics team that won the bronze medal.
Looks a bit bigger than stated - his bio has him at 198cm and 93Kgs......

Can he play or has he ever played as a junior? Otherwise could take 3 years to develop. Unless Matty Egan gets hold of him and shows him the fast track to All Australian.

I loved the pic at Bomber's press conference with the coaches in the background and there in the middle was Egan. Hope the cats make him into a first class coach and he gets his premiership medallion one day as coach of the cats.

For anyone who is interested, these are the upcoming dates as they relate to the formation of the 2011 list:

Friday October 29, 2pm – List Lodgement One.

Wednesday November 10, 2pm – List Lodgement Two.

Thursday November 18 – NAB AFL Draft Selection meeting, Gold Coast Convention Centre.

Wednesday November 24, 2pm – List Lodgement Three and TPP Estimates.

Tuesday December 7, 10am – NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft Meeting (Microsoft Live Meeting).

Tuesday December 7, 10.10am – Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast FC and Sydney Swans Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations.

Tuesday December 7, 10.15am – NAB AFL Rookie Draft Meeting (Microsoft Live Meeting). Team GWS have selections 1-8 and the Gold Coast FC has selection nine and the first selection in each subsequent round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just been announced on the AFL website that Ryan Gamble is to be delisted along with rookie Ranga Ediriwickrama. Trent West is to be offered a new two year deal. Other changes to be decided by Chris Scott, according to the website.

Did the AFL bring in an Inactive List for 2011? If so, would Adam Varcoe be eligible to go onto that? Seems odd that they would delist a talented bloke whos just done a knee when he could have stayed on the Rookie List for another season. Particularly with his brothers development!

You heard it here first people.

I could have a lot of fun with this but I won't. I do have connections very close to Bathie.
It looks like that is from an article though, where was it from?

I could have a lot of fun with this but I won't. I do have connections very close to Bathie.

Good. So when we want an interview with Ryan, we will call you then? ;)

Really , well what does he see at geelong that made him sign on the dotted line.
How quick does he think he will pick it up? Whats his expectation for season 2011? , playing at the G in front 80,000 by R5 or spending the season playing for StMarys or some other GFL side?
Does he see himself playing in the ruck or as a KPP?

By all means fill us in , we are all listening for the insights from someone with close connections to recent signing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back