Has the AFL Footy Show Run Its Course?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: will Sammy Newman punch on next week?

ahh come on guys its better than nothing, tonights episode was quite funny actually

I didn't laugh once during that episode tonight. I don't know if it will happen. What if the old bloke gets injured? Could he sue nine? Surely they wouldn't risk it unless there is a way they can put all the responsibility on him.

I didn't laugh once during that episode tonight. I don't know if it will happen. What if the old bloke gets injured? Could he sue nine? Surely they wouldn't risk it unless there is a way they can put all the responsibility on him.

Release forms will be signed all over the place.

was a funny episode...sam would smash that old codger. he looked more like 83 than 63

What are the rules, first one to do a hip? Could be winner before one of them gets into the ring.

The Footy Show would be alot better without Sams' Mailbag and Street Talk. It has been done to death, was mildly amusing the first couple of years, but they really need to do something different.

In fact The Footy Show would be alot better without Sam Newman. Should of cleared him off when Edie left and thought of other stuff to do.

To answer your question.......Who cares? But they will probably bring the guy in next week and do some silly skit.

Wouldnt say it has run its course but does need a major revamp, getting rid of Sam Newman would be a good start.

Hutchy is a muppet, reports a boring story then gives a stupid looking smile as if he's achieved something - twat.:eek:

I watch it religiously. Sure it may not be hard-hitting stuff but I still find it entartaining. Also, I'd rather find out the ins and outs by watching that, than staring at a computer screen for hours, waiting for them to come on. Good light-hearted stuff I think.

Hutchy is a muppet, reports a boring story then gives a stupid looking smile as if he's achieved something - twat.:eek:
I know, That twit has turned me completely off the footy show. Also is it just me or do they seem to rush through the teams, or anything to do with footy for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I caught it last night for the first time in a while.

The show has no flow. They all seem be introverts waiting for each other to speak. The hosts line seems to be: "Sam, what do you think", or "Trevor...", or "Billy...". (As in, "I cant think of anything to say, and no one else is saying anything, so I'll handball to someone else" ) The show takes 10 minutes to introduce everybody....as if we dont know who they are.

Compare that to shows that flow effortlessly like "Spicks and Specs" or even the NRL footy show, and its easy to see why how far the AFL one is off the mark.

It survives because Victoria is obsessed with AFL, rather than the footy show's own merits. Be interesting if Ch 7 ever get a rival show going.

Garry Lyon's media career must be on its last legs.

I think so. In football speak, the hosts have taken their eyes off the ball and are going the man (ie, Channel 7). Gary Lyon looks out of place and out of form. Sam Newman... well, I can see why MMMFM let him go. He is a cranky old man who isn't all that funny. James Brayshaw is trying to hold things together, but he's just boring.
Bring back Eddie...

TFS has lost the plot. Haven't watched it for years.

Used to watch it without fail and would be shattered to miss it but now its 500% better to switch on Channel 7 and watch The Amazing Race and Family Guy.

Family Guy is on at the same time? Crap I never knew. Sorry TFS your now my number two.

It's a very funny show.

Only wannabe feminist idiots think otherwise.

also, it's quite amusing to hear people giving comment on a show they 'haven't watched for a long time'.

It's gone back to more of a variety show (less emphasis on football) and it's been very funny so far this year. The better the panelists the better the show as well.

The show has no flow. They all seem be introverts waiting for each other to speak. The hosts line seems to be: "Sam, what do you think", or "Trevor...", or "Billy...". (As in, "I cant think of anything to say, and no one else is saying anything, so I'll handball to someone else" ) The show takes 10 minutes to introduce everybody....as if we dont know who they are.

Compare that to shows that flow effortlessly like "Spicks and Specs" or even the NRL footy show, and its easy to see why how far the AFL one is off the mark.

It survives because Victoria is obsessed with AFL, rather than the footy show's own merits. Be interesting if Ch 7 ever get a rival show going.

It's not meant to have 'flow'. Such is something it's never had.

Ahhh the funniest bit of this thread are the mofos "who haven't watched it in years" but know what is going on with the show or happened "to tune in for 5 mins last night"

Its like TT..nobody watches the show but a lot of people happened to be "flicking through the channels" while it was on.

Idiots.

Compare that to shows that flow effortlessly like "Spicks and Specs" or even the NRL FOOTY SHOW, and its easy to see why how far the AFL one is off the mark.
[

Sorry but how could you even compare spick's and specks with The NRL Footy show, A show where they consider karaoke with themselves as the entertainers(I use that term loosely) as quality tv, where they go on funpark rides to see who vomits first as quality tv, where they eat chilli's to see who gets the reddest face as quality tv You have got to be joking,

I do realise the AFL Footy show is following the same path , but thank christ they have not gone as far down the road as that rugby league version. I mean Matthew Johns as the resident comedian compared to Trevor Marmalade what a joke, Paul Harragon who i used to respect as a footballer now just puts a stupid smile on his face and uses his line "THATS GOLD"

And the worst thing is I am in darwin where they play the NRL Footy show at 9.30 and the AFL version at all hours

You can really see the boganism(i just made that word up) of NRL supporters by the show the channel 9 and the NRL puts on for them.

Once again comparing the Spicks and the specks and the NRL footy show you have to be joking!!!!

I haven't watched it for years. I tried again 3 weeks ago to see who the in and out were for the Pies and there was just a hour or two of Sam Newman drunk making unfunny statements, and no input from the footballers.

James Brayshaw posing as a bloke, Gary Lyon feeling ashamed of himself, Trevor Marmalade exhaling unfunny air, and Sam's corpse twitching like he's crawling with maggots. Who honestly watches this crap?

Lame, tired and sad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back