Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ravens, Storm, Dodgers
Just having a look at some of the attractive lines this week

Houston +5.5 at home against the Colts, i wouldn't be surprised if they got within a FG

San Diego -4 @ Green Bay, they'll be out to prove something, i think they finally click against a reasonable GB D, win by 7

Minnesota +2 @ KC, KC are a rabble, like Minnesota H2H

Buffalo +16.5 @ NE, i know NE are awesome and Buffalo not great, but doesn't take much for a team to get within 2 TDs, worth a look

Cincinatti +3.5 @ Seattle, they'll be fuming after last week, Seattle will try to ram it down their throats with SA but i reckon the Bungles should be able to get within a FG

Dallas +3 @ Chicago, a tough assignment but they seem up to it

More ideas to come later in the week

Re: Nfl Week 3

FALCONS SIGN LEFTWICH

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Atlanta Falcons have signed free-agent quarterback Byron Leftwich to a two-year deal. Terms are not yet available.

Leftwich was abruptly dumped by the Jaguars on September 1, one day after announcing that he'd be cut or traded. The Ravens showed some interest in the seventh overall pick in the 2003 draft, but talks reportedly broke down after roughly 3.5 hours of negotiation.

In Atlanta, Leftwich could find himself playing sooner rather than later. Joey Harrington has been so-so so far, and the Falcons will want to figure out whether Leftwich can be the guy before the team positions itself to land Brian Brohm of Louisville, who was mentored until last season by new Falcons coach Bobby Petrino.

lol - "before the team positions itself" = tank

Not surprising like I said in the other thread.

Only thing surprising is it took so long for them to work this out.

Pennington to start Sunday, despite kudos for Clemens

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- The Jets got a glimpse into the future on Sunday in Baltimore, but the future isn't now.

Barring a setback in practice this week, quarterback Chad Pennington will start on Sunday against the Dolphins despite a promising performance by backup Kellen Clemens in the fourth quarter of the Jets' 20-13 loss to the Baltimore Ravens.

Pennington, who sprained his right ankle in the opener against the Patriots, was the backup against the Ravens after making an unexpectedly speedy recovery during the course of the week. That Pennington was well enough to dress meant he was able to play, and with another week of rehab, he'll almost certainly be healthy for the Dolphins.

"If he can, he will," Mangini said yesterday when asked if Pennington would start against Miami. "We'll just assess it throughout the week. But if he's able to, he will."

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/119008967718850.xml&coll=1

The crowd reaction will be interesting if he starts poorly.

TV SCHEDULE

Monday 24th
3.00 – 6.00: NFL: San Francisco v Pittsburgh (Fox 3)
6.00 – 9.30: NFL Wasington v New York Giants (Fox 3)
10.00 – 13.30: NFL – Dallas v Chicago (ESPN)

Tuesday 25th
10.30 – 13.30: NFL – Tennesee v New Orleans (ESPN)

All times AEST

thinking of making the following multibet:

Patriots over Bills at NE
Vikings over Chiefs at KC
Indy over Texans at Indy
Broncos over Jax at Denv
Oakland over Browns at Oak
Tenn over NO at NO

thoughts on the picks?

Geez that will pay well. :p

Ravens will pound with Willis and win 27-10 with Reed getting a INT TD
GO RAVENS!!!!

GO RAVENS!!!!
another ravens fan, good to see, will excuse you for that fact you go for the pies, be proud and put the Ravens in your teams

GO RAVENS!!!!

Make an informed decision after seeing what the Cards down with Gore and Alexander the past 2 weeks mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will post this here as god forbid i hurt the feelings of certain people by posting on a certain thread

Bets i'm thinking off this week:

Carolina -4 1.95

Denver -3 1.83

Indy -6 1.91

NE H2H
Baltimore H2H
Carolina -4
Denver -3
Indy -6
Total: 8.86

NE H2H
Baltimore H2H
Carolina -4
Denver -3
Indy -6
Minn H2H
StL H2H
Dallas H2H
Total: 119.10

Minn H2H
StL H2H
Dallas H2H
Total: 13.44

NYJ -3
Pitts H2H
San Diego -4.5
Total: 4.11

NE H2H
Baltimore H2H
Carolina -4
Denver -3
Indy -6
NYJ -3
Pitts H2H
San Diego -4.5
Total: 36.39

Saints about to open the season at the Dome . . . of course there'd be a tropical storm approaching. :(

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200793_v5d.html?extraprod=v5d#a_topad

Hopefully it doesn't reach Hurricane status but current projections aren't looking good. Should pass before Monday but lets hope the Dome isn't full of refugees again.

Saints have a pep rally on Friday at their practive facility and LSU have a home game on Saturday. If it keeps tracking on it's current projections both would be in doubt. Might delay the Titans getting into town too.

I'm sure that city is cursed.

Saints about to open the season at the Dome . . . of course there'd be a tropical storm approaching. :(

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200793_v5d.html?extraprod=v5d#a_topad

Hopefully it doesn't reach Hurricane status but current projections aren't looking good. Should pass before Monday but lets hope the Dome isn't full of refugees again.

Saints have a pep rally on Friday at their practive facility and LSU have a home game on Saturday. If it keeps tracking on it's current projections both would be in doubt. Might delay the Titans getting into town too.

I'm sure that city is cursed.

Sorry to be of poor taste but the Saints must be hoping for another crisis... it got them going last year!

Will post this here as god forbid i hurt the feelings of certain people by posting on a certain thread

Bets i'm thinking off this week:

Carolina -4 1.95

Denver -3 1.83

Indy -6 1.91

NE H2H
Baltimore H2H
Carolina -4
Denver -3
Indy -6
Total: 8.86

NE H2H
Baltimore H2H
Carolina -4
Denver -3
Indy -6
Minn H2H
StL H2H
Dallas H2H
Total: 119.10

Minn H2H
StL H2H
Dallas H2H
Total: 13.44

NYJ -3
Pitts H2H
San Diego -4.5
Total: 4.11

NE H2H
Baltimore H2H
Carolina -4
Denver -3
Indy -6
NYJ -3
Pitts H2H
San Diego -4.5
Total: 36.39

Interesting dspeed. Here's a tip for you. Replace some of those spreads as winning range options and you'll get better than 36.39 without risking much on a close finish.. say, Atlanta & GB (home Dogs) getting within a FG. Just a thought. Big balls on STL to win h2h on the road without a OT. Watch for Garcia to light up the Rams secondary.

Interesting dspeed. Here's a tip for you. Replace some of those spreads as winning range options and you'll get better than 36.39 without risking much on a close finish.. say, Atlanta & GB (home Dogs) getting within a FG. Just a thought. Big balls on STL to win h2h on the road without a OT. Watch for Garcia to light up the Rams secondary.
winning range options only give a 6 point range, much too difficult to pick IMO, i cant say for sure a team will win by 7-12 or something, i can be much more confident theyll win by more then 5, not between 7-12

and to be honest can you stop saying home dogs, home team will suffice (lol, just something that has been grinding my gears)

winning range options only give a 6 point range, much too difficult to pick IMO, i cant say for sure a team will win by 7-12 or something, i can be much more confident theyll win by more then 5, not between 7-12

and to be honest can you stop saying home dogs, home team will suffice (lol, just something that has been grinding my gears)

hotdog_big.jpg

I suppose this is a sausage in a bun?

Just as silly asking for a sausage in a bun as it is stating a home team that is NOT favourite nor expected to win.

Bite me dspeed. :p

Sorry to be of poor taste but the Saints must be hoping for another crisis... it got them going last year!

Actually Dan, Katrina was 12 months prior to that and led to a 3-13 season.

Tarvaris Jackson looks like missing this game and Kelly Holcomb will probably start. I'm not sure if this bad or good news.

Chester Taylor looks like playing though.

Forget the QB's in this game, it should be an all out ground attack.

Tarvaris Jackson looks like missing this game and Kelly Holcomb will probably start. I'm not sure if this bad or good news.

Chester Taylor looks like playing though.

Forget the QB's in this game, it should be an all out ground attack.

Not necessarily JD. I recall Kelly Holcombe having a very competent arm once he gets going and although he may be rusty, you can't write him off just yet. Look for ex-Packer Robert Ferguson giving KC some grief. And mind you, the excitement machine in the backfield can catch also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back