Remove this Banner Ad

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Likely Judd Deal: picks 4, 21 and Johnstone

Pies shot themselves in the foot when they refused to put Reid on the table combined with 14 and Brown.

Judd didnt mind Pies or Melb, just mattered which of those 2 clubs WC could deal with. WC can get the better deal from Melb, they have informed Chris of that and as a result Chris will announce Melb as his preferred option.

Dont ask for a source. If you dont believe me, then thats your perogative.

EDIT: I was wrong and I take my medicine.

I was assuming Judd would follow WC wishes and pick Melb. As I stated in following posts in this thread, other clubs (namely Pies) were always a chance if Judd did the dirty on WC. He has and I look like an idiot.

Pies shot themselves in the foot when they refused to put Reid on the table combined with 14 and Brown.

Judd didnt mind Pies or Melb, just mattered which of those 2 clubs WC could deal with. WC can get the better deal from Melb, they have informed Chris of that and as a result Chris will announce Melb as his preferred option.

I will lose all respect for you if you are wrong :thumbsu:

I will lose all respect for you if you are wrong :thumbsu:

Things can change because trade week is still 10 days away but as it stands now, I am fair dinkum.

WC want to deal with Melb. The sticking point will come if Pies can convince Judd to pick them as his only preference, which isnt likely. Thats how it could fall down. But as I said, he doesnt mind out of these 2 at this stage.

Pies did the right thing

Reid and Brown were our two top 10 picks from last years superdraft

Reid made the cut by a week or so, would have been top 3 in this years

Reid > or equal to Pick 4
Pick 14 > pick 21
Brown a promising KP > Johnstone

Well I hope you're right. And I hope he announces his desired club soon.

I will be very happy that he is off to the Dees and the Pies can retain their young kids and keep developing for 2008 and the future.

I've got one word for you:

HORSESHIT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont care what you think mate.

I am merely passing on what I heard. If you or others dont believe me, then thats fine.

You're just another person who pretends they have people 'in the know'. If it doesn't happen you will just say that someone changed their mind or that blah blah blah happened etc etc etc.

You're just another person who pretends they have people 'in the know'. If it doesn't happen you will just say that someone changed their mind or that blah blah blah happened etc etc etc.

Thats fine mate, but I'm not making this up. Maybe it wont turn out, so many things **** up during trade week but as it stands now, I am being fair dinkum.

Reid would go top 3 this draft, scary thing is his age would have made him eligible.
I doubt Carlton or Richmond would take him ahead of Cotchin, Kreuzer and Morton in the top three.

Kreuzer is the ruck both sides need and Cotchin's and Morton's kicking is elite compared to Reid's.

Morton offers Carlton more than Reid. :thumbsu:

Well I hope you're right. And I hope he announces his desired club soon.

I will be very happy that he is off to the Dees and the Pies can retain their young kids and keep developing for 2008 and the future.

With Chris Judd in your team there's no doubt in my mind you'd win a flag within the next 2 years

Without him you're going to be just like you have been since 2002... very good, but in the end lacking the superstar factor to take you all the way

Make no mistake... if the Pies miss out on Judd it's going to hurt your prospects, end of story.

Glad the Pies refused to put both of Reid and Brown into the deal. Would have been stupid. If West Coast are happy with that deal, good luck to them as to me it looks like they are being ripped a new one.

One top 10 pick, a hig second round in a poor draft and a player with talent who has never quite put it together with only a few years left.

If the Dees pull this off it is an absolute coup, they will have lost little and gained a gun.

Speaking for myself only (don't profess to know anyone of significance at the club) I'd be disappointed with that deal.
Judd once in a generation player, should be better trade than that I would've thought.
We'll see in few weeks won't we. I trust the club know what they're doing

Thats fine mate, but I'm not making this up. Maybe it wont turn out, so many things **** up during trade week but as it stands now, I am being fair dinkum.

Just so you know - I'm not really having a go at you, just stating that you're like the other 4,685,794,553 people who have posted what is going to happen with the Judd trade. Thats what this site is all about - footy related sewing circle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back