Merged Trade/Delisting Threads - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last one has reached 1000 posts (hooray).

With the rumours about Rischitelli coming to Essendon, how would he get here (cue jokes of "by plane")?

Would we trade for him, or, seeing as we are supposedly offering 380k a year, front end it to 650k in the first year and 110k in the second, and outprice everyone else in the PSD. We must have the room with all of the veterans on big deals who have left, and the number of kids we have.

Michael Rischitelli is supposedly having serious talks with Brisbane now because Vossy has entered the building. Might still want to come back home. Lovett would be what they want I would think, a goal-kicker who can help out Bradshaw & Brown, not enough people who can kick goals after them two. Adam Thomson is a bit of a chance from leaving Port, hasn't got heaps of opportunities at Port and is a highly rated youngster. Finds plenty of the pill. Scott Harding from Brisbane is a bit of a chance, said to have told Leigh he wanted to be traded at year's end a month ago, but now same with Rischitelli, seems to be having second thoughts. A pacy midfielder. Tim Notting is out of contract as well, wouldn't expect Vossy to resign him because he is their oldest player and is downhill skiing at the moment, I personally wouldn't take him, but who knows, could provide that experience through the midfield for a year or two to help out Myers, Hocking, etc. Just some of the names thrown up thus far.

He seems a very good solid player, have question marks over his disposal, as that can let him down in general play, that was the reason behind him not making it already in the AFL,

He is, 198cm, 90kg, and will be 23 in January, as mentioned, seems toi have a good set of hands, and is strong enough to play a KP at AFL level,

Alex Silvagni is 192cm, 92kg, is turning 22 next year, I would prefer him over Wall,

Lukas Markovic is a 193cm, 92kg, CHB at Box Hill, is only 21-22 y.o aswell, has shown some promise at CHB, not sure how he has gone this year, but could be a handy player maybe. played in the North V South (u23 game) i think.

Trent Shinners is another one, I cannot find any stats on him, but played in the north v south game,

Kris Shore is another who was selected in the initial squads for the u23 teams, he is another 192cm, 93kg, KPP,

Justin Hardy is another, is a 195cm, 95kg, FB from Tasmania, has held down the spot regulalrly this season,

Simon Plummer also from Tasmania, is another KPP CHB, 194cm, 87kg, 20y.o, has a nice frame, could use a little more muscle to his frame,

are their any other young KPP in the VFL that could we look at for our list,

their are a few young players, have not gone through all of them, but some that may be a look in, of the players mentioned, Silvagni would be ideal, then Wall, although young Plummer from Tasmania seems a likely type

we dont know what could happen with notting. who knows, he could be great mates with voss

Anyone interested in Sylvia? Was quite a high pick but hasn't gone on with it. Not the most popular bloke amongst Melbourne fans but that comes with the expectations of a top 3 pick and his failure. Would be fairly cheap I'd imagine. Possible our 3rd rounder + Dyson?

Just a point of interest I thought I'd throw up.

Not sold on Rischitelli. Hasn't gone on with it from the past couple of years. Lacks any X factor and we do seem to have a plethora of midfielders. Class is what I want to add to our midfield. Who currently provides that? Nobody at the moment which is rather disconcerting. I'm keenly watching Hartlett and opinions on him from the experts and knowledgeable posters because he could bring the much needed class to our midfield.

Anyone interested in Sylvia? Was quite a high pick but hasn't gone on with it. Not the most popular bloke amongst Melbourne fans but that comes with the expectations of a top 3 pick and his failure. Would be fairly cheap I'd imagine. Possible our 3rd rounder + Dyson?
Just a point of interest I thought I'd throw up.
Big no on Sylvia, he won't be leaving anyway. We already have enough half forwards and he can be very lazy at times, and his defensive side is poor.

Not sold on Rischitelli. Hasn't gone on with it from the past couple of years. Lacks any X factor and we do seem to have a plethora of midfielders. Class is what I want to add to our midfield. Who currently provides that? Nobody at the moment which is rather disconcerting. I'm keenly watching Hartlett and opinions on him from the experts and knowledgeable posters because he could bring the much needed class to our midfield.
I wouldn't mind Rischitelli, but i wouldn't be disappointed without him either. He may not be flashy, but he is tough, quite quick, can win his own ball and his tackling is a great quality of his. Rischitelli is quite young and has got 60 odd games of experience, so his best is infront of him. He has a great defensive side and would add some toughness and accountability to our midfield.
BUT, with Welsh, McVeigh, Lonergan and Watson already in our 22 and Hocking and Hislop pushing up for spots, i don't think we really need him.

Rischitelli has more class than just about anyone in our midfield- perhaps McVeigh has him covered. Would take Lovett and a draft pick I reckon.
Notting- No Thomson-No Sylvia- Melbourne would ask too much for an unproven AFL midfielder.

I'd certainly be interested in gaining Sylvia's services. A classy, young player that can play either midfield or up forward. I still think Melbourne rate Sylvia highly, he was a classy junior, former pick 3, and has showed patches of form which should excite Dees fans. I think we'd have to offer more than Dyson + our third rounder to be honest, has class written all over him, just hasn't been able to keep himself on the park for long periods of time.

It's a no from me for Rischitelli. I don't think his kicking is that great and we don't need another vanilla midfielder. There's a reason why the Lions were the worst kicking team in the league and he's one piece of the puzzle.

If your a midfielder that's played 60 games you should be getting it more times than 17 per game.

McVeigh, Watson, Stanton, Welsh, Winderlich, Lovett are all better than him.

The kids coming through look like they have the tools to be better also.

I'd certainly be interested in gaining Sylvia's services. A classy, young player that can play either midfield or up forward. I still think Melbourne rate Sylvia highly, he was a classy junior, former pick 3, and has showed patches of form which should excite Dees fans. I think we'd have to offer more than Dyson + our third rounder to be honest, has class written all over him, just hasn't been able to keep himself on the park for long periods of time.

Sylvia was meant to as sure of thing to step straight in to the AFL from the U/18 as anyone I can remember bar Cooney. He has no tank what so ever that is why he plays up forward so much. Has loads of talent but if they trade Lovett for being undisciplined, they would be hypocritical bringing in Sylvia.

What are peoples thoughts on young Jayden Attard, some talk is being bantied around that he is going to be delisted by the saints, he is described as a 'pacy midfielder-defender' could be a handy aquisition, have always thought he was a handy little player, is not such a high possesion winner, but is a solid player, and does his job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are peoples thoughts on young Jayden Attard, some talk is being bantied around that he is going to be delisted by the saints, he is described as a 'pacy midfielder-defender' could be a handy aquisition, have always thought he was a handy little player, is not such a high possesion winner, but is a solid player, and does his job.

We seem to already have a lot of these players HFF...:(

I'm not jumping up and down about going after Rischitelli, if indeed we are.

I rate him to an extent, but he's a long way from being an elite player, and I wouldn't want to commit to paying an enormous amount for a guy that may never be more than average.

Rischitelli has more class than just about anyone in our midfield- perhaps McVeigh has him covered. Would take Lovett and a draft pick I reckon.
Notting- No Thomson-No Sylvia- Melbourne would ask too much for an unproven AFL midfielder.

I think you're overrating Rischa - definitely has some good qualities - hard worker, decent kick, gets his own ball, but to say he has more class than just about anyone in our midfield is a bit of a stretch.

For some one who is inconsistent (albiet still young), I wouldn't be paying the reported $380,000 per year for him.

I'm not jumping up and down about going after Rischitelli, if indeed we are.

I rate him to an extent, but he's a long way from being an elite player, and I wouldn't want to commit to paying an enormous amount for a guy that may never be more than average.

More accurate view of Michael

Nathan Carroll to essendon ??

With Nathan Corroll on the bad list at the Dee's and not even getting a game there would you like to see him come to Bomber land to Replace Mal on the list or do you think we should wait and find our own young gun backman

Not to keen on him, hasn't been able to crack the St.Kilda side, and previously couldn't crack Brisbane's either. Solid player, nothing more, do we really need anymore of them 'solid type' midfielders..? Got plenty of them solid type midfielders, time to add a bit of class me thinks during the trade period. :p

Re: Nathan Carroll to essendon ??

Well, if he's being thrown out the door for a pack of salt & vinegar chips, I might think about.
Moving onto some draft picks (albeit late) or trading some of our regular players doesn't sit that well with me for him, hasn't got much more to give but could be handy, waiting for Pears, Daniher & Hooker to develop.

We should try negotiate with geelong and pick up someone like Prismall, Djerrkura or Tenace.

I've secretly always wanted Rooke to goto Essendon for years.

We should try negotiate with geelong and pick up someone like Prismall, Djerrkura or Tenace.

I've secretly always wanted Rooke to goto Essendon for years.

Djerrkura I'd be very keen on, love the way he goes about his footy and hasn't had many / if any chances in the seniors at the Cats to prove himself.
You can forget Tenace, but Prismall would be worth a shot with a 4th round selection, otherwise they can keep him playing for their emergencies if they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back