Gameday: Adelaide vs Sydney at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

sbenno

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
No one's started the thread yet, so I will.

I'm going to the game tonight, first time since moving to Sydney.

I'm SO PUMPED!! I can't wait!!

GO YOU CROWS!!

sbenno

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually, on the "going to the game" note, are any other BFers going to be there? I've got tix in Bay 12.

Paladin

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
GAMEDAY! Time to show the comp we are the real deal :thumbsu: Win this we play finals. Our young guns need to back up and play 2 good ones in a row. Danger, Walker, Smack, Petrenko im looking at you.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Just did the SCG Tour, heading back into the city for some shopping with the Missus then back tonight, absolutely pumped!!! Going to be perfect weather too. Foxtel Cup game was playing too, beautiful ground, tiny!! 50m line and centre square practically touch.

Actually, on the "going to the game" note, are any other BFers going to be there? I've got tix in Bay 12.

Bay 7 myself.
Swifty18 is in general admission too I believe.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
As always, the Admins would like us to remind you of the following:
Chief said:
Video Streams

International viewers can get live video of games from http://www.afl.livesport.tv/.

Local viewers can see games on Foxtel or via XBox or T-Box (though you'd need to be desperate given the limitations of T-Box).

Please do not post in this thread asking for links to streams. Your account will be suspended for a day.

A FEW GOOD MEN

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
After the longest pre-season in AFL history, the season starts tonight.

We are in good form and whilst we have a few injuries, all of our most influential players are fit and firing (my apologies to Bernie and Dougy but I can't fit you in my top ten at the Crows).

Sydney are in good form but most of the current hype is based around their second half against Hawthorn. They have Mumford missing and Sauce should be able to control the rucks with a little bit of help from Shaun.

We match up well against Sydney and their one-on-one style will suit our new game plan. I'm not tempting fate by predicting a win but I think it will be mighty close and If Walker and Tippett have their kicking boots on, we might just steal a win like we did last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sbenno

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
So it looks like Bays 7, 8 & 9 are the go. If any of you blokes are near bay 12, I'm the bloke in the old away guernsey with 32 on the back. Shouldn't be too many of those around!

EDIT: This one:
!CEIu2lgEGk~$(KGrHqIOKosE0fcUZ!qPBNQ8OHYmkg~~_35.JPG

Jeebus

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2004
AFL Club
Sydney
Sydney are in good form but most of the current hype is based around their second half against Hawthorn. They have Mumford missing and Sauce should be able to control the rucks with a little bit of help from Shaun.

Show some respect mate you dont go undefeated for 5 rounds with a % of 150 playing ome good half of footy.

Our two games at the scg this year we beat freo n north both coming off wins against Geelong. Both games were over by half time.

Seem to have forgotten we do have a premiership winning ruckman playing tonight;)

Good luck.

ruscy002

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Show some respect mate you dont go undefeated for 5 rounds with a % of 150 playing ome good half of footy.

Our two games at the scg this year we beat freo n north both coming off wins against Geelong. Both games were over by half time.

Seem to have forgotten we do have a premiership winning ruckman playing tonight;)

Good luck.

It was a fair comment and not at all disrespectful...Sydney are playing good footy, but the hype machine hadn't gone past a five or six before the Hawthorn game, it's now well and truly cranked up to a nine.

Oh, and Aaron Keating was a premiership ruckman too ;)

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Can't watch live. :(

Sister-in-law's 30th is tonight. Still can't believe my brother allowed this!

Soft. It was my daughter's first birthday party last weekend during the Showdown and i got to watch it*

* First half was on mute :p

Good luck.

Its true though, you have only played in patches. But still being able to win from that position is the sign of a good team

Aaron keating was also a premiership ruckman..... just saying :cool:

A FEW GOOD MEN

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Good luck.

I would love to see Sydney be part of a non Victorian Grand Final and you have had some good wins. The real measure of a good team (note our performance against Hawthorn) is to win against good teams away from home. You are currently 1-0 but I wouldn't be booking accomodation in Melbourne for the last week in September at this stage.

The inability of Sydney to beat Adelaide is a great mystery and how you managed to lose the match against us last year is impossible to fathom.

Seaby is a solid ruckman but I am very comfortable seeing Mumford sitting in the stand.

Good luck for the rest of the season Jeebus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back