Weller and Fleming Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

londontiger said:
Apparently just been mentioned by GM at the Tigers 80 function.

More news as it comes to light
geez that's kinda a shock but i guess
terry is running the show now. :eek:

Would have thought Hilton would be first in line.

Apparently it was also said that a recycle ruckman would be taken with our second pick in the PSD.

By my count, if we promote Moore from the rookie list and pick up 2 players in the PSD, we will be able to draft between 6 and 8 kids in the national draft, depending on how we treat the veterans.

Good sign if true. These two have the right attitude for league footy, just don't have the skills. We need to fill up our list with players that have the skills and the right attitude - for too long we've settled for one or the other.

jezza said:
Apparently it was also said that a recycle ruckman would be taken with our second pick in the PSD.

Steve McKee come on down....... :eek:

Unlikely to be McIntosh (I wish) or Ackland and don't know of too many other Ruckmen who are likely to be in the PSD.

Unless the ruck rules change back to what they were 2 years ago then picking up McKee would be throwing away a spot on our senior list.

If Moore is promoted and this report is correct then that will give us 30 on our senior list leaving us with 8 picks (picks 1,4,12,16,20,36,52 + PSD pick 1). If we pick up two recycled players then that lessens the number of National draft picks. Given we picked up Jackson at 53 last year (Newman I think was picked up also around this number), IMHO it would be careless of us to pass up on pick 52 to waste it on McKee with a second PSD pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mighty tiges said:
Unless the ruck rules change back to what they were 2 years ago then picking up McKee would be throwing away a spot on our senior list.

If Moore is promoted and this report is correct then that will give us 30 on our senior list leaving us with 8 picks (picks 1,4,12,16,20,36,52 + PSD pick 1). If we pick up two recycled players then that lessens the number of National draft picks. Given we picked up Jackson at 53 last year (Newman I think was picked up also around this number), IMHO it would be careless of us to pass up on pick 52 to waste it on McKee with a second PSD pick.
depends on who we get up to pick 36 and who is left when it comes to pick 53.
Funny as it seems a psd pick is cheaper than a national pick.

in regards to the Weller,Fleming delisting nothing confirmed yet altho i would doubt we would delist Weller as he had a 2yr contract.

cheers!

morrison had the two year contract, not weller. hilts can stay on the long term injury list for most of the year so its not such a bad idea to keep him as we can promote a rookie, so effectively hilton costs us very little and i guess plough thinks he is worth another chance. could be very damaging if he gets his body and attitude right and is coached properly. as for flem and weller, sorry but tough decisions need to be made and i guess we needed some more spots open for drafting.

londontiger said:
Weller only had one year.

He is gone
Did he? ah ok.
fair enough then.feels bit sorry for flem tho.sure he had skill problems but he had heart.can think of a few who had the skill[and dont use it] but no heart.

cheers!

Hilton is still under contract which is why he is still here.

As for the recycle ruckman, Cain Ackland would probably be the first choice if still available at pick 52.

I am concerned by the lack of experienced players now on our list, there is going to be a great expectation on a lot of our kids to be able to step up.

jezza said:
As for the recycle ruckman, Cain Ackland would probably be the first choice if still available at pick 52.

I am concerned by the lack of experienced players now on our list, there is going to be a great expectation on a lot of our kids to be able to step up.
Agree in regards to Ackland jezza.
While yes alot of experiance has been taken off the list[mind you not without merit]i take a different view in regards to the cubs.
its far easier to build a side along the lines of playing so many kids who no doubt will build a bond amongst themselves with all wanting to succeed and more importantly not being tarnished with our past culture.
With the right people around them then any danger of being tarnished with the lack of success early on can be overcome if handled correctly.
i dont expect us to be anywhere near the 8 next year and i hope that TW does give that message across to the cubs to ease the pressure off them that in the long term will benefit both the club,players + supporters.

cheers!

Please not McKee again!

His departure was my second happiest day as a Tiger, after Fiona muppeting off to St Kilda.

If Fiona is a muppet (see his arms), and Grant Thomas runs the players at St Kilda, that you make Thomas Jim Henson :D

tiger of old said:
Did he? ah ok.
fair enough then.feels bit sorry for flem tho.sure he had skill problems but he had heart.can think of a few who had the skill[and dont use it] but no heart.

cheers!

Having heart is a good thing. However, heart alone will not win games or premierships. We need skillful players who have the smarts to deliver the ball quickly and accurately into the forward line.

I can't believe Pettifer is still there. I'd take Flemo over Pettifer anyday. At least Fleming had a crack unlike Pettifer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back