nugget_12

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Just found out that the tigers have delisted luke weller and tim fleming. it comes so that greg miller can use the most picks in the draft as possible. also kelvin moore will be promoted and the tigers have said that they will use 1 of the top 4 early picks on a ruckman (not sure who). If this info is wrong im sorry but thats just wat ive been told.

nugget_12 said:
Just found out that the tigers have delisted luke weller and tim fleming. it comes so that greg miller can use the most picks in the draft as possible. also kelvin moore will be promoted and the tigers have said that they will use 1 of the top 4 early picks on a ruckman (not sure who). If this info is wrong im sorry but thats just wat ive been told.
fleming might not have the skills but at least he put in every week and got the ball

i agree, i also thought luke weller had some potential.i found out from my mate who is at the tigers 80 night who spoke to some ppl.....not sure sho

Im a bit surprised with Fleming. While I think he is a fairly average player at least he gave you a 100%. He was not the worst player for Richmond this year by a long shot. I know Marsh and a few others went but I have not seen all the Richmond dlesitings but please tell me Fletcher has been shown the door. I dont think Richmond should be using all their picks just for the sake of it, if the right opportunities exist then fair enough.

The first thing Richmond should be doing is having a royal commission into who was responsible for Gaspar to be signed up for the amount of money he is on, the most overpaid player in the history of the game relelvant to natural ability, talent and output on the field.

Sheeds said:
He was not the worst player for Richmond this year by a long shot.
That's not really saying much
Sheeds said:
I know Marsh and a few others went but I have not seen all the Richmond dlesitings but please tell me Fletcher has been shown the door.
Blumfield, Fletcher, Houlihan, Marsh, Nicholls, Kellaway, Rogers, Dragicevic, Weller, Fleming

Russian said:
That's not really saying muchBlumfield, Fletcher, Houlihan, Marsh, Nicholls, Kellaway, Rogers, Dragicevic, Weller, Fleming
Yep, chumps the lot of them.Good to see Richmond are starting to finally make the decisions they should've made years ago.Finally a proper coach and a youth policy.

It wont happen overnight,but it will happen.

Mail is that Zantuck is gone too.

yeh im gettin that aswell hopefully it allows us to take some real talented kids this year.and asmuch as ppl dont like them i believe we need to draft atleast 1 ruckman and another youngster that is also capable of rucking even if he is taken as a rookie.

evo said:
Yeah Zantuck is contracted.But that was the mail coming out of a Richmond dinner tonight.I'm not sure how it'll work.

Quite simply it can't work. He has to either play for us or stand out of footy and forfeit his contract.

unless.............

both parties agree to terminate/tear up his contract thus allowing him to enter the PSD.

nugget_12 said:
the tigers have said that they will use 1 of the top 4 early picks on a ruckman (not sure who). If this info is wrong im sorry but thats just wat ive been told.

Can you double check this?
I heard that it was said we will take a recycled Ruckman (McKee maybe) with our second pick in the PSD not the National Draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They want to do both, draft a young ruckman to develope and then also have a backup for simmonds and stafford because that way they dont have to use ray hall as a ruckman.....personally i dont believe he's able to compete with other ruckmen in the league so i believe it will be a good thing to take someone like mckee that way hall can play back, simmonds forward and stafford and mckee swap ruck....what do ya rekon???

why the hell would the tigers consider taking Mckee......pull a 6 ft 5 in guy out of the crowd on any game day and he would be better performed that Mckee would be

One-eyed Tiger said:
Quite simply it can't work. He has to either play for us or stand out of footy and forfeit his contract.

unless.............

both parties agree to terminate/tear up his contract thus allowing him to enter the PSD.

Or you delist him, Zantuck nominates for national draft, Essendon pick up the tab.

Unwritten_Law said:
Or you delist him, Zantuck nominates for national draft, Essendon pick up the tab.

Still the small matter of him actually having a contract. If both parties (ie Richmond and Zantuck) agree to tear it up he could then be delisted and nominate for both drafts.

One-eyed Tiger said:
Still the small matter of him actually having a contract. If both parties (ie Richmond and Zantuck) agree to tear it up he could then be delisted and nominate for both drafts.

Geelong still need to make 2 changes to our list with the problem being everyone that is left is contracted. We have to delist two contracted players and most likely we will re-draft one of those with our last pick in the national draft if someone doesn't select them before us and take on their contract.

Seeing as though Essendon or North were both interested in Zantuck in the trade period, if you delisted him, someone would surely snap him and his contract up. That is my understanding anyway...

There is no way Richmond will use of of the Top 4 picks on a ruckman, there aren't any ruckmen worth a top 4 pick.
I think you'll find that they will select a ruckman with one of their first 4 picks (1, 4, 12, 16) which is alot more likely.

Hilton - Contracted, put on leng-term injury list, will cost us little.

Zantuck - Contract set to be terminated.

Retired - Rogers and D.Kellaway.

Confirned delistings - Fletcher, Marsh, Dragacevic, Houlihan, Blumfield, Nicholls.

All but confirmed delistings - Fleming, Weller.

Traded - Ottens, Fiora.

Re-contracted - Krakeour (3 years), Schultz (? years).

Infamy said:
There is no way Richmond will use of of the Top 4 picks on a ruckman, there aren't any ruckmen worth a top 4 pick.
I think you'll find that they will select a ruckman with one of their first 4 picks (1, 4, 12, 16) which is alot more likely.

Wallace has said the first 2 picks will be used on the best available, after that we will be selecting the best player available to fill certain positions we need help in (which is most).

Infamy said:

Wallace has said the first 2 picks will be used on the best available, after that we will be selecting the best player available to fill certain positions we need help in (which is most).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back