Remove this Banner Ad

linga45

Senior List
Suspended
Nov 18, 2004
Skilled Stadium!
Other Teams
The Cats!
Is he the most overrated player in the history of our great game?

This is a man who is apparently the next big thing, a man who played as a permanent forward last year and kicked the grand total of 13 goals, a man who is being reported on a regular basis...

How can he be rated as a toughman? All he has done is tried to knock players heads off while they're over the ball. If he thinks that's tough then he will not last in the AFL. All because he has put on muscle, tries to put on the angry man routine and knocks the heads of players doesn't mean he's hard and tough.

He has done NOTHING of significance on the football field either. The only thing closest I have seen to a good game from him was against Collingwood the other week, and still he only took marks loose, proving that he can't win one on one.

Besides the biased, poor and pathetic Melbourne fans, does anyone agree?

linga45 said:
The only thing closest I have seen to a good game from him was against Collingwood the other week, and still he only took marks loose, proving that he can't win one on one.
Try telling that to James Clement.

BTW No Ottens = No Cats.

linga45 said:
Is he the most overrated player in the history of our great game?

This is a man who is apparently the next big thing, a man who played as a permanent forward last year and kicked the grand total of 13 goals, a man who is being reported on a regular basis...

How can he be rated as a toughman? All he has done is tried to knock players heads off while they're over the ball. If he thinks that's tough then he will not last in the AFL. All because he has put on muscle, tries to put on the angry man routine and knocks the heads of players doesn't mean he's hard and tough.

He has done NOTHING of significance on the football field either. The only thing closest I have seen to a good game from him was against Collingwood the other week, and still he only took marks loose, proving that he can't win one on one.

Besides the biased, poor and pathetic Melbourne fans, does anyone agree?
None of us (or anyone in the media) have ever said that he's the "Next big thing".

To say that he has done "NOTHING" of significance is stupid. Do you watch Melbourne games? As is already being discussed in another thread, his role in the team is there to provide an option as a big marking forward. With our forward line, we can afford to have him run up the ground. Unlike poor old geelong's situation where they need to flood their own forward line just to kick some goals. What sort of a contender relies on Kent Kingsley and Brad Ottens to kick goals?

Taking "marks loose" means that he can actually lead, dumbas$.

Wow linga, your credibility just keeps growing. I know, why not start another BS melbourne thread?

What is it about Cameron Ling? Any Geelong supporter who has him in their user name is prone to making cretinous statements at inopportune times (I'm talking about linga is no1 and the imbescile who started this thread). Sorry for the generalisation, but two out of two seems reasonable evidence to make a statement.

As for Brad Miller, I'd have him at Geelong, although I wouldn't trade Henry Playfair to get him. His tough guy stuff this season has been a little immature, but he'll grow into himself. The first time you run out on the field and are big enough to have a physical presence, you are probably prone to over do it at times.

Good luck to him and the Dees. 'Linga45' - your pathetic trolling is not representative of Cats fans.

saw brad miller and nathan carroll both off their dials out the front of the prince of wales in stkilda @ 2 in the morning sunday.

both looked like they were on speed and were hanging around some old looking drug dealer.

were approached by the cops for trying to start a fight; carroll threw some random bloke into a shop front.

miller continued the tirade.

fkg dumb ********s i say.

and for those here that think afl players and drug use is mutually exclusive: the following players were all on at prince on sat nite.

dean cox
drew banfield
daniel chick
jarrad roughead
lance franklin

maybe they were just "drinking" like everyone else at that venue and like messrs miller and carroll

He is very good presents very well can take a strong mark, he doesn't need to kick goals when you have 4-5 guys that can kick multiple goals. I think your just jealous the cats don't have a CHF.

matera30 said:
saw brad miller and nathan carroll both off their dials out the front of the prince of wales in stkilda @ 2 in the morning sunday.

both looked like they were on speed and were hanging around some old looking drug dealer.

were approached by the cops for trying to start a fight; carroll threw some random bloke into a shop front.

miller continued the tirade.

fkg dumb ********s i say.

and for those here that think afl players and drug use is mutually exclusive: the following players were all on at prince on sat nite.

dean cox
drew banfield
daniel chick
jarrad roughead
lance franklin

maybe they were just "drinking" like everyone else at that venue and like messrs miller and carroll
Nothing like a reliable source on BF :rolleyes:

Marns said:
None of us (or anyone in the media) have ever said that he's the "Next big thing".

To say that he has done "NOTHING" of significance is stupid. Do you watch Melbourne games? As is already being discussed in another thread, his role in the team is there to provide an option as a big marking forward. With our forward line, we can afford to have him run up the ground. Unlike poor old geelong's situation where they need to flood their own forward line just to kick some goals. What sort of a contender relies on Kent Kingsley and Brad Ottens to kick goals?
Taking "marks loose" means that he can actually lead, dumbas$.

Wow linga, your credibility just keeps growing. I know, why not start another BS melbourne thread?

Russell Robertson.....(laughs out loud)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

linga45 said:
Russell Robertson.....(laughs out loud)
GOALS:
1. Mark Williams Hawthorn 51
2. Fraser Gehrig St Kilda 41
3. Matthew Richardson Richmond 39
4. Russell Robertson Melbourne 39

Yeah, he really sucks.

Captain Charisma said:
He is very good presents very well can take a strong mark, he doesn't need to kick goals when you have 4-5 guys that can kick multiple goals. I think your just jealous the cats don't have a CHF.
All Miller does is look tough by running past the ball and hitting other plays when their head is over the ball. He's a thug and an absolute disgrace to our game.

toina said:
All Miller does is look tough by running past the ball and hitting other plays when their head is over the ball. He's a thug and an absolute disgrace to our game.
See, more wonderful insight by some great posters of BF. Keep it up guys!

toina said:

Despite only playing 11 games, he's also taken more marks than anyone in a collingwood or a geelong guernsey this year.

Brad Miller is a young gun, quality CHF. If you don't rate him you're a cretin. That's all there is to it. I give up on discussing such blatantly obvious things with such blatantly stupid people.

toina said:
he has been suspended for a total of 2 game in his career. gee some thug.

no need to get upset about him just cos he tore your sad mob apart

toina said:

100% corrrrrrrrrrect!

How is Brent Grgic going these days anyway? You did give us 13 marks Miller for him after all. :D

BTW linga are you going to answer my question about Ottens.

Sylvia Saint said:
How is Brent Grgic going these days anyway? You did give us 13 marks Miller for him after all. :D

BTW linga are you going to answer my question about Ottens.

How's Clint Bizzel these days? You did give us James Kelly and Henry Playfair for him after all :D

Trade of the year by Melbourne wasn't it... :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back